Is the surgeons oath the 4th or 5th ideal?

Frustration

So the surgeons oath 1. Protect those in most danger. 2. Protect younger people if the danger is the same. 3. Of someone is beyond help move on to the next one in line. This is so obviously a windrunner ideal I'd be surprised if I'm the only one who noticed. 4th or 5th ideal what do you think? 

2 hours ago, Booknerd said:

Personally this feels like a final achievement so I say 5th ideal

Edit the topic do not double post.

2 hours ago, Booknerd said:

This is so obviously a windrunner ideal

Why?  It is a perfectly acceptable interpretation but many other people would disagree.  I personally think this is just standard rules of triage established by Heralds for the purpose of treating sick people. 

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

Why?  It is a perfectly acceptable interpretation but many other people would disagree.  I personally think this is just standard rules of triage established by Heralds for the purpose of treating sick people. 

I concur, I see how could work as a 4th oath but I really don't see any evidence that cements it as the correct interpretation. Furthermore the herald of the Edgedancers is the herald of surgery and medicine so it would make more sense to have a tie in there. I dont think its impossible, just that you should not let Shallan sneak up on you.

36 minutes ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

The key word being save. A word that seems to replace Windrunners protect.

12 minutes ago, Booknerd said:

The key word being save. A word that seems to replace Windrunners protect.

It is also a word that torments Kaladin's memories and a major theme throughout all the stormlight books.  Remember the flashbacks are from his perspective and the windrunner oaths we know have generally been worded by him specifically.

On 1/11/2020 at 6:20 PM, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

Well, Kaladin kept saying that he was no longer the boy from Hearthstone. He had lived 4 lifetimes. (Oathbringer)

I'd say it's the fifth, because it's when he realizes he can be both of them at the same time.

I NEED this to be true, that would be Kals "You. Can. Not. Have. My. Pain." Moment, that could be the highlight of the whole series! I never even saw that possiblity.

• Chaos locked this topic