Eternal Khol

Planet Donne/Doo

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In the Ars Arcanum, Khrissalla says

"The rest of the system is of little relevance. Though there are a number of other planets, only one exists in a habitable zone—if barely. It is barren, inhospitable, and prone to terrible dust storms. Its proximity to the sun, Mashe, makes it uncomfortably warm, even for one who has spent a good portion of her life on the Dayside of Taldain."

 

She speaks of it as if she has been there. I've never heard any mention of the planet from Brandon or In Text.  

If she has been there, it probably means there's a perpendicularity and that has some pretty big implications

 

Edited by Eternal Khol
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She can make observations over a number of things from the Cognitive Realm. Like, she knows that...Stormlight spoilers

Spoiler

Braize is cold and barren and populated by the Fused

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RShara said:

She can make observations over a number of things from the Cognitive Realm. Like, she knows that...Stormlight spoilers

  Hide contents

Braize is cold and barren and populated by the Fused

 

I don't know. 

This just seems different to me

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Braize was populated with Cognitive Entities so that part's quite understandable. But if she is observing all this from the Cognitive Realm it raises an interesting question of how exactly she's making these observations. Why would duststorms manifest on the Cognitive when the planet isn't populated/has any sapient beings on it? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Why would duststorms manifest on the Cognitive when the planet isn't populated/has any sapient beings on it? 

Nonesapiant beings would work.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eternal Khol said:

Its proximity to the sun, Mashe, makes it uncomfortably warm, even for one who has spent a good portion of her life on the Dayside of Taldain."

Sounds too much like personal experience than an observation. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There could always be planets with Perpendicularities without life if a Shard spent some time there.

Another idea is this was the location where Devotion and Dominion were Shattered.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already been discussed

Among the other things discussed in that topic, I'll repeat what I said there: Khriss can go to sell Sel and from there make the same sorts of observations that astronomers do today in order to figure out the physical characteristics of a world she can't visit directly, in addition to making observations from the Cognitive Realm.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weltall said:

Already been discussed

Among the other things discussed in that topic, I'll repeat what I said there: Khriss can go to sell Sel and from there make the same sorts of observations that astronomers do today in order to figure out the physical characteristics of a world she can't visit directly, in addition to making observations from the Cognitive Realm.

i know you can make observations like an astronomer and in the CR. she just speaks of it as if she was actually there

Edited by Eternal Khol
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.