Twice Bonding

Turin Turambar

Now that Aes Sedai and Asha'man know (or at least Pevara and Androl do) that bonding each other leads to heightened warder bonds, control of the opposite saidar/saidin without a circle and telepathy, will it become common? What are the practical applications? Will the Aes Sedai and Asha'man be able to overcome their natural prejudice?

I wouldn't count on it. You have to get over 3,000 years of fear, hate prejudice for it to be common. Not to mention few normal men want to be bonded by Aes Sedai let alone the Asha'man. There is a lot of people who want this to become a thing so that there can be a grey tower but I don't think this will happen. Unlike the Asha'man the bonded Aes Sedai are basically under compulsion. If The Asha'man wanted to have female channelers in their tower they could just open up to women and force their bonded Aes Sedai to teach them. No need to join with the White tower. Also Asha'man have families and obviously some of their daughters will be channelers. Either the Asha'man can allow them to join the White tower or teach them themselves. I believe they would be more comfortable keeping them in the Black tower then them joining the White tower.     

8 hours ago, Dancer said:

I wouldn't count on it. You have to get over 3,000 years of fear, hate prejudice for it to be common. Not to mention few normal men want to be bonded by Aes Sedai let alone the Asha'man. There is a lot of people who want this to become a thing so that there can be a grey tower but I don't think this will happen. Unlike the Asha'man the bonded Aes Sedai are basically under compulsion. If The Asha'man wanted to have female channelers in their tower they could just open up to women and force their bonded Aes Sedai to teach them. No need to join with the White tower. Also Asha'man have families and obviously some of their daughters will be channelers. Either the Asha'man can allow them to join the White tower or teach them themselves. I believe they would be more comfortable keeping them in the Black tower then them joining the White tower.     

Are we talking in the times after the end of the series?  By then I dont think there would be near the animosity between the two genders as the survivors had been forced to work together, not to mention the factual justification for all the gender segregation among the historically integrated Aes Sedai was removed way back in Winter's Heart and by then they all know it.  There really is no longer any justification for maintaining the two as separate organizations, and barring later drama I expect that within a generation or two they will be entirely integrated, as opposed to the rivalry you describe.  

As far as people being willing to become channelers or Warders to either gender, I think there will always be those willing.  There is Power to be had, and there is no long a danger to men in touching it; there were plenty of men willing to try when they knew it would drive them insane, now they will flock to it.  Both gender's version of the Warder Bond gave the Channeler a disturbing amount of compulsory control (Aes Sedai just hid that fact better), and both were less effective when the target was themselves a channeler, so that shouldnt be any sort of differentiating factor between the two. 

8 hours ago, Quantus said:

Are we talking in the times after the end of the series?  By then I dont think there would be near the animosity between the two genders as the survivors had been forced to work together, not to mention the factual justification for all the gender segregation among the historically integrated Aes Sedai was removed way back in Winter's Heart and by then they all know it.  There really is no longer any justification for maintaining the two as separate organizations, and barring later drama I expect that within a generation or two they will be entirely integrated, as opposed to the rivalry you describe.  

As far as people being willing to become channelers or Warders to either gender, I think there will always be those willing.  There is Power to be had, and there is no long a danger to men in touching it; there were plenty of men willing to try when they knew it would drive them insane, now they will flock to it.  Both gender's version of the Warder Bond gave the Channeler a disturbing amount of compulsory control (Aes Sedai just hid that fact better), and both were less effective when the target was themselves a channeler, so that shouldnt be any sort of differentiating factor between the two. 

Not all of the citizenry was there to see the last battle so trying to convince them that Sadin is clean is going to be difficult. This is prejudice we are talking about. You can't get rid of it in our world. Now give that prejudice 3,000 years and a real threat that those people are dangerous and you have a recipe for something that will take generations to get over.

The male channelers altered their Warder bond with the intention to control the Aes Sedai they bonded. The Aes Sedai can't go against the Asha'man's orders no matter what unlike the Aes Sedai warder bond that can't compel male channeles. Now there was some Aes Sedai that wished to alter their warder bond to allow full control of the person they bonded with but Egwane killed that idea but after the final battle I don't know if that rule will stand.

Just because they were forced to work together at the last battle does not mean that they have put their differences aside for good. I see it as more of ally against the real enemy but you are still my enemy situation but we can agree to disagree on this. I don't believe that there will be any blending of the tower ever. They are two very different organisations and again the Black tower does not need the white tower. They will have daughters that will be able to channel. Either force the Aes Sedai that they have to teach them, ask the Aeil or sea folk to teach them or wait until one becomes a wilder and can teach the others. The more of the Black tower Daughters become channelers the less and less reasons for unification with the White Tower there is.