2020 Resolutions Followthrough

Orlion Blight

Could not find the more general thread that use to exist for generic posts, so making a specifically general one instead!

In this thread, post about how you are following through on your Resolutions for 2020. This may create some incentive as you now have, yet another, place on the Internet to brag about your accomplishments!

One of my Resolutions: I want to make a new "dish" each week to level up my home cooking skills. "Dish" can be a meal, a side, dessert and so forth. All it has to be is something I have not made before. My first dish was made last week on the first day: Poulet au vinaigre. It is chicken with a tarragon vinegar sauce. This particular dish was served to friends (not all will be, that's too much social activity!) and was a hit.

zpoulrey.jpg

I'm quite proud of my progress so far.  I wanted 2020 to be both a year of change, and a year of getting things done.  

For years, I've talked about wanting to be a writer.  I've had ideas, even dabbled in writing here and there.  Last summer, I even sat down to start really focusing in on a book I had an idea for.  Then I stopped, leaving it around 8k words in, no real outline.

I kept that story alive in my head though.  And a couple days ago, I decided, this is the year things get done.  So I sat down, and in the last few days, I powered out a full outline.  I've never outlined a story I wanted to write like this before.  It's time I finally start taking action and be the writer I've wanted to be since I was young.

I've also focused on reading a lot more.  I'm nearly 350 pages into Well of Ascension after only just starting it the other day.  I have a LONG TBR, and this year I want to actually dig into it and get a lot done.

13 hours ago, NottTheBrave said:

It's time I finally start taking action and be the writer I've wanted to be since I was young.

Are you doing something like 750words (either through that site or a free alternative)?

For my part, I'm aiming to spend less time working and more time sleeping.  So far I haven't gained much traction, but that's in part because I'm still overseas (combining a work trip to Canada with an extended visit to my parents over the holidays).

On 1/12/2020 at 9:45 AM, Just a Lifetime said:

Are you doing something like 750words (either through that site or a free alternative)?

For my part, I'm aiming to spend less time working and more time sleeping.  So far I haven't gained much traction, but that's in part because I'm still overseas (combining a work trip to Canada with an extended visit to my parents over the holidays).

I'm not!  I tend to just write when I can.  When I do, I sit there and plow through several thousand words lol.