Soulcasting from the Cognitive Realm

ILuvHats

Question

Whenever somebody brings up fighting a Fullborn, one of the most popular answers is using a team of Elsecallers to transition to the cognitive realm and then soulcast the Fullborn from there. However, how do we know Elsecallers are even capable of soulcasting physical objects while in Shadesmar? I can’t think of any examples of this being done in the books, or any WoBs confirming this. Chances are I’m just being thick, so please let me know what I’m missing.

4 answers to this question

That shouldn't be possible simply because Soulcasting people is difficult, Soulcasting people with access to Investiture is much more difficult and not possible via normal means. A Fullborn is quite Invested and if they were actively burning you can forget about Soulcasting them completely

2 hours ago, Ooklidean Geometry said:

However, how do we know Elsecallers are even capable of soulcasting physical objects while in Shadesmar? I can’t think of any examples of this being done in the books, or any WoBs confirming this

Jasnah does it in her WoR deleated scene.  She turns ropes to smoke.

23 minutes ago, Honorless said:

That shouldn't be possible simply because Soulcasting people is difficult, Soulcasting people with access to Investiture is much more difficult and not possible via normal means. A Fullborn is quite Invested and if they were actively burning you can forget about Soulcasting them completely

It's still something that people debate. 

16 minutes ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

Jasnah does it in her WoR deleated scene.  She turns ropes to smoke.

I knew there was something I was missing! Thanks for the info.