Mutiny on Defiant

Urtan

I am relistening Skyward after reading Starsight and I think that the Commander of the Defiant ordered Spensas great-grandmother(?) to summon a Delver.

He was desperate, in pain and possibly wanted to take some Superiority soldiers with them, but GGM decided to take them to Detritus instead for whatever reason. 

That's a really cool idea! Maybe she could sense a certain species on Detritus and decided it was a prime location? If they knew about Detritus being lost to a Delver, it's also be a cool message. Like she's saying in her dying act that "this is what will happen if you continue down your path, but here's an alternate route." 

I think that she knew about the Nowhere entry portal that is supposedly on Detritus and wanted to escape trough there, but died after the jump to Detritus.  Well, the leadership probably had either no idea about that portal, or had no Defect to open that portal. Then the first lifebuster dropped and the rest is a history.

Btw I love the idea of a  backdoor to heavily fortified planet. Which could be used either as an escape route, or method of sneakily sending assassins do what assassins do (Figments were on the human side of the Second Human War).