Weird Skills

In the topic of hobbies, I have a lot of skills that are useless now but are one zombie-outbreak away from being awesome.  This is everything from metalwrok (smithing, casting etc) to small scale livestock farming and from scratch bread-making to energy beam weapons out of junkyard parts (as soon as they start to rise, get your hands on as many microwave ovens as you can, thank me later...)  Im working on getting usable metal from Ore right now.  

There are tons of these Primative Technology youtube channels, they are awesome

Likely that means you both have above average amounts of "Brown Fat" which converts stored energy directly to heat at the cell (rather than normal shiver-based heating).  Some genomes that are adapted to cold climates see that trait (Siberian natives being the topic of the documentary I saw).  

• 1 month later...

I can map sound. I'm nowhere near as sensitive as a computer, but before I knew much about waves and the shapes they made when drawn by programs, people used to toss different noises at me to see if I could describe them. According to them I've been pretty accurate. I still don't know much about them, but I know some now. Used to listen to Orcasound's hydrophone streams all the time. Anyway I digress. Who knows how something like this comes about? Sadly the information is rusty, but the skill never seems to be, I use it to echolocate now, so it's not wholly useless.

My friend is truly the one with all of the weird talents (jack-of-all-trades kinda fellow), and one of the most useless but wonderful skills he taught me is how to punch out a candle. Makes me feel like a firebender. 

I can also draw 30 horse heads in 5 minutes. A talent I developed in high school as a TA while grading.