Roshar immigration

Eternal Khol

9 hours ago, spaidapig said:

There is also the theorie that actually Honor's perpendicularity is what powered Urithiru

i actually just theorized on this last night^_^

i was thinking that maybe when all the gemstones in the Urithiru pillar are full, it would act a a perp.

im thinkin it's not necessarily that a Perpendicularity is powering Urithiru. but a bunch of investiture is powering Urithiru that just so happens to act as a perpendicularity too

the flaw in this is i dont know if investiture in gemstones can act as a perpendicularity(let me know what you guys think)

maybe during the highstorm when the gems are getting filled and have a connection to the SR or whatever

By now, the Gems haven't been filled, neither by a Highstorm or any other means.

I think the problem with the Highstorm is, that the heart of Urithiru is underground, so the gems cannot be infused.

the flaw in this is i dont know if investiture in gemstones can act as a perpendicularity(let me know what you guys think)

The perpendicularities we have seen so far, were caused by highly concentrated investiture in one place, so I can see this working. From the descrition in the book, there are lots of gems in the catacombs and I think they could hold enough SL to maybe make it work.

2 hours ago, spaidapig said:

By now, the Gems haven't been filled, neither by a Highstorm or any other means.

I think the problem with the Highstorm is, that the heart of Urithiru is underground, so the gems cannot be infused.

In-world theres a year gap in between Oathbriger and Rythm of War. 
Dalinar can now summon a perp/infuse gemstones so theres a good chance that the pillar will be lit in RoW

i dont know if he can do so underground though

Edited by Eternal Khol

7 hours ago, Eternal Khol said:

In-world theres a year gap in between Oathbriger and Rythm of War. 
Dalinar can now summon a perp/infuse gemstones so theres a good chance that the pillar will be lit in RoW

i dont know if he can do so underground though

I am wondering if perhaps the gemstone pillar in Urithiru was directly infused by Cultivation. This would be similar to how Odium seems to provide Voidlight directly to the Fused, or how the Heralds were powered directly by Honor when he still lived. 

15 minutes ago, vegvisr said:

I am wondering if perhaps the gemstone pillar in Urithiru was directly infused by Cultivation. This would be similar to how Odium seems to provide Voidlight directly to the Fused, or how the Heralds were powered directly by Honor when he still lived. 

It's always seemed the mos likely to me that there's a mechanism to open that pillar to the storms to infuse it, one that's been sealed over by Cream at this point but that Dalinar could probably get working again. 

2 minutes ago, Aminar said:

It's always seemed the mos likely to me that there's a mechanism to open that pillar to the storms to infuse it, one that's been sealed over by Cream at this point but that Dalinar could probably get working again. 

Sort of weird that no one is able to "push" stormlight into it though right? Not even Dalinar. That suggests to me that a Highstorm wouldn't charge it either, and that some other mechanism is involved. 

28 minutes ago, vegvisr said:

Sort of weird that no one is able to "push" stormlight into it though right? Not even Dalinar. That suggests to me that a Highstorm wouldn't charge it either, and that some other mechanism is involved. 

Not really. It's likely that the amounts people have been able to push are immediately drained by some kind of mechanism.