Allomantic power stacking

Dancer

I think I have found a hack for Allomancers so that they can do multiply their power output similar to Feruchemist without the need for Duralumin. Currently Allomancers access their powers by ingesting metal flakes diluted in alcoholic solution. The rarely if at all utilize piercings (this seems to only be the domain of Feruchemist and compounders). This means that all the metal is in one spot (their stomach) and would be perceived as one piece (shaved flakes). Because of this no matter how much metal they swallow it will always burn at the same rate (normal rate or flare). We know that Allomancers can burn metals anywhere in their bodies so long as it is inside them. 

Questioner 

So, would Allomancy work if the metals were a suppository?

Brandon Sanderson

That is theoretically possible, but gross... There's nothing special about the stomach. It's kinda getting it into your spirit, and things. 

If they where to use piercings I believe that they could multiply their power out put. I they were to put a pewter ear piecing on and burn that it would be the same as burning metal flakes in the stomach. If they were to then put on another earring on the other ear and burn that at the same time they would essentially double their power output. If they had four of five piercings on they could even contend with pewter Ferring in terms of strength. If this works the way I believe it does then imagine a full Mistborn wearing bracers like the LR that pierces his/her hands made of steel, iron, pewter and bendalloy. Sure you would have some sore wrist whilst you wearing them but its nothing some pewter can't heal back up when your finished with them.  

2 hours ago, GoWibble said:

Or they could use an IV to inject steel into their blood...

And then die as a foreign substance is floating in their blood.

No, I don't think it would work, because there are multiple flakes in one vial.  Sometimes, its' just dust, but it all burns at the same rate.  In fact, ingesting dust allows you MORE access to the metal, because of having more surface area to burn.  Spook choked down handfuls of tin dust, and it always burned at the same rate.  

My understanding is when it is in flakes you perceive it as one piece of metal. You can differentiate the different types of metals but the same types you would view as one piece. With piercings you would know that there are desecrate units of metals in certain parts of your body. If you could those at the same time with that idea in mind you should be able to extract more power. It's a perception thing. Like everything in the Cosmere if you don't know you can do something with the power, well you just can't do it.