First time vigilante

ButteryShards

Hi I'm glad I piqued your interest with my vague title but it was a trap and I hope I can get ideas from you :ph34r:

I have a character and I'm super happy with her story arc 

In summary: Shes a depressed and over trained boxer in her late 20s who turns vigilante and gets herself into a headfirst fight against a gang. 

I want to start with her losing an important fight to set the mood of action with a dash of self disappointment. I'm leaning towards making the match a set up/rigged fight with the judges connected to the gang she ends up taking on

I'm trying to come up with a natural way she would approach this situation and how it could lead to her first time as a vigilante 

Any ideas would be super helpful (please) 

:)

8 hours ago, ButteryShards said:

I want to start with her losing an important fight to set the mood of action with a dash of self disappointment. I'm leaning towards making the match a set up/rigged fight with the judges connected to the gang she ends up taking on

In that case have her overhear or see something that makes her do some research into the match, figure out that she was set up, and track down several of the gang members.  Maybe introduce a defector from the gang?

17 hours ago, ButteryShards said:

I'm trying to come up with a natural way she would approach this situation and how it could lead to her first time as a vigilante 

Any ideas would be super helpful (please) 

:)

Perhaps boxing is personal for her. (ex: a close relative was a boxer and she took it up because of them) She then becomes infuriated at the way that this thing which mattered so much to her was twisted. A step further may be that this is a memorial tournament perhaps and the defiling of this thing sets her off.