Warbreaker Wonderings

Kobold King

Nothing major here. No vast Cosmere guesses or unifying theories of Investiture. Just a couple of book observations and the questions that come with them.

There are some pretty big spoilers for the book coming up, so be warned.

Firstly, what becomes of Llarimar after the conclusion of the book? Has anyone ever asked? Personally, I believe he went on to become the high priest for several other Returned through his life, and probably helped each of them achieve their purposes. But that's only my guess--I'd be interested in hearing a canon ending if available, or hearing what other readers have guessed.

Second: Denth was Shashara's brother and one of the Five Scholars. As such, he was also one of the Returned, who lose the memories of their previous lives. How did he know Shashara was his sister and vice versa? I can only assume that the ghost of Obi-Won Kenobi informed him just as they were beginning a fledgling romance, but I'm sure there's a more reasonable explanation.

So there. Those are two things that leave me wondering. Thoughts, anyone?

On Denth and Shashara. I doubt the Five Scholars snapped Oops, Returned at the Same Time. More Likely, Shashara Died and Returned, and Denth told her he was her Brother. A Month Later Denth dies and Returns, and Shashara tells him he is Her Brother.

Or they Died and Returned at the same time, and the Cult of the Returned told them. Or Yesteel/Arsteel/Vasher did.

Or they left Notes for themselves, before commiting Suicide in an Attempt to Return.

Really, it's more likely for them to Know, then for them to not know.

Edited by Hello. My name is Joe

Or they figured out their kinship because both had the Royal Locks.

The obvious answer tonight, eh? I thought you were known for bringing WoBs into everything, this is quite disappointing, but I'm also too lazy to go and get it right now, so someone else can do the deed! (Or I might fetch it tomorrow, I know where it is, but I need some sleep).

Anyway, yeah, since they have the Royal Locks, this could mean that the royal family would probably have enough funds to support their two Returned siblings/heirs, they wouldn't need the Cult of the Returned to do so in their case and so Shashara and Denth wouldn't be limited by the cult's rules and restrictions (like Vasher was when he Returned). Their family could just tell them and feed them Breath, it also explains quite nicely why the royal family was so interested in Awakening just before the Manywar broke out...

It's funny that Vasher married a princess, though...and is still an usurper. Heh.

Edited by Nymp

I generally don't see it as necessary to pull in quotes from stuff that's explicitly in the books. Though others obviously disagree (thus necessitating the WoB), I've always seen this particular fact as being such. That or I grew lazy for a moment.

Also, while my tendency to over-WoB everything is mostly habit at this point, my principled reason is to make sure people have access to new (for them, at least) interviews and to provide the original WoB for everyone's interpretation rather than presenting my own (possibly incorrect) interpretation as gospel. In this case, the quote is in the interview database and is a straightforward "Yes Denth has the Royal Locks".

That or I grew lazy.

I believe Brandon has said he would touch on how they knew about being siblings in Nightblood whenever he writes it.

As for Llarimar we have this:

Question

Will Llarimar become Susebron's high priest?

Brandon Sanderson

I would not be surprised of the events too him there.

Question

Do you think he would be unhappy with the position?

Brandon Sanderson

No. Susebron is going to make at least, if not a good God King, then at least an earnest one, and Llarimar would approve of that.

(source)

So will it be a sequal if you talking about what will happen after the events of WB.. I was under the impression he was doing a prequal about the 5 scholars.. Either way it would be cool- but I would like to know about Peacemaker and the War.. etc

So will it be a sequal if you talking about what will happen after the events of WB.. I was under the impression he was doing a prequal about the 5 scholars.. Either way it would be cool- but I would like to know about Peacemaker and the War.. etc

I believe Brandon has specifically stated that he does not want to make a prequel. Though we will get to know more about the Five and the Manywar in Nightblood.

@Aether... Thansk thats intresting that is the best of both worlds.. and sounds like something right up Brandons alley.. New story with a lot of elements from the past world.. cool to see in WB which seems to me the least conflicted place in the Cosmere

• Chaos locked this topic