Shadow of the Conqueror

Halyo_Alex

Ok, so, correct me if i'm wrong, but I can't seem to find a topic on Shadiversity/Shad Brooks' amazing fantasy novel, Shadow of the Conqueror (Book one of the Chronicles of Everfall). I could have sworn this would have been picked up by forum-goers here since it really feels like a cosmere book (and because Shad is involved with Stormlight 4 iirc).

I looked online, but I couldn't find any sort of "everfall wiki" which documents what has been revealed of Tellos' magic (among other things like character info), which is kind of saddening because I really love this book and I'm ridiculously hyped for the next book in the series. I want to be able to quickly review what's been revealed so far when the next book is about to be released, rather than having to skim book 1 to refresh my memory. Granted, there are some things about the magic I'll never forget (no spoilers), but there are all sorts of little details I might before the second book comes out. I'm one of those people who likes to study hard magic systems to try and predict what could be done next with it, and those little details could be foreshadowing for new abilities that might come to light (ha) in later books.

Other than the lack of a wiki (which I truly can't blame Shad for, it's not his job to make one), I have no real complaints about the book itself. The magic is absurdly well-thought out (he even has some math formulas in there), the characters are compelling, the plot is exciting and dramatic when it needs to be, and calm and quiet when it needs to be.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey, I've been looking for the same sort of thing, actually. You seem to have read the book, whereas I'm listening to the audiobook, so I just have a few questions:

How do you spell the names? Of everyone? I only know how to spell Daylen/Dayless, and... I dislike the idea of reading every review on every site to find character names.

Help a guy out?