Hello new friends!

erude1

Hi there gang- I'm new!

I go by erude, and I'm excited to be joining the forums. I just finished up my last major novel in the Cosmere this week (Oathbringer) and I finally feel confident in joining fan stuff without being majorly spoiled, even if I still need to get my hands on White Sand to be completely Cosmere-caught-up. Elantris was my first Sanderson novel and I've been reading his works on and off for probably 2 years or so. Besides Brandon, I love all kinds of reading, whether it's classics, fun wacky postmodern shenanigans, nonfiction, or whatever sounds interesting. 

Outside of reading I really enjoy playing and listening to music from a variety of sources so if that's your jam I'm always around to chat! I study how to engineer rockets and other space stuff during the year, and work on that sort of thing in the summer. In between that chaos I love going on hikes and spending time outside. I love chatting with people so feel free to hit me up whenever. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and learning more about the Cosmere!

Cheers,

erude

Welcome

3 minutes ago, erude1 said:

Oh tough tough! Without going into OB spoilers, I think Dalinar is my current favorite main character. Nazh is a favorite of mine that I'd like to see more of. What about you?

OB spoilers are OK these days.

Hmm, I would say that my favorite Sanderson work is probably The Way of Kings. Kaladin's perseverence in Bridge Four helped me a ton in real life, and it was an outstanding intro to a series that manages to balance excellent worldbuilding with actual nuanced characterization! Big hype. 

My favorite non-Sanderson work is probably Swann's Way by Marcel Proust. It's just gorgeous prose and reflective in a way that I adore.

What about you?

Hey Erude. Welcome to the shard! 
I started my Cosmere journey with Elantris too. My favourite character is kaladin followed very closely by Dalinar. 
OB is my favourite book till date. 
If you had a chance to visit/live on one shardworld, which one will you choose?

Edited by The traveller

10 hours ago, The traveller said:

Hey Erude. Welcome to the shard! 
I started my Cosmere journey with Elantris too. My favourite character is kaladin followed very closely by Dalinar. 
OB is my favourite book till date. 
If you had a chance to visit/live on one shardworld, which one will you choose?

Awesome!! Well, Sel is probably the safest choice as far as I can tell, but I think I'd probably go ahead and pick Scadrial (Era 2) for a balance of awesomeness and not-going-to-die-horribly (hopefully).

10 hours ago, Honorless said:

What's your fav genre (books & music)? and fav artist/band?

Favorite genre of books is really fluid for me, because I usually read for about a year of one, and then get really attracted by another, and flip flop. Generally I meander between my personal trinity of classic novels, biographies, and speculative fiction. For music, I would say funk/jazz music or inspired as such! My favorite artist is Jacob Collier by far, his music is ridiculously diverse, virtuosic, and beautiful. I recommend any of his music from the last 2 years. 

On 12/29/2019 at 8:26 PM, erude1 said:

I think I'd probably go ahead and pick Scadrial (Era 2) for a balance of awesomeness and not-going-to-die-horribly (hopefully).

I would choose Nalthis because I think it is most stable.

Although I would definitely want to visit Roshar.