Hello and merry christmas yall.

officiallyaninja

27 minutes ago, officiallyaninja said:

i finished the cosmere about a year ago, (well everything except white sands, haven read it yet), butnive only recently discovered the forum, and rusting hell is there so much beyond the books that i didnt know about. 

Welcome to the Shard and a Happy Christmas to you! The forums can be overwhelming but feel free to ask anything you need to!

9 hours ago, Honorless said:

Hello and Merry Christmas! What's your favourite book?

Well, thats a hard question to answer. but probably oathbringer. the last section of the book is a pure endorphin rush of incredible moments. well thats true for every sanderson book, but far more so for oathbringer.

6 hours ago, Rask said:

Merry Christmass! You didn't forget the short stories right? Those are important! 

ive read the arcanum unbounded, if there are short stories outside of it i wouldnt know.

21 hours ago, Honorless said:

Anyhoo! What's your favourite magic system?

honestly none of the induvidual magic systems are that interesting. each of them have their moments of creativity but hemallurgy will probably end up being the most important by the end of the cosmere. im just looking forward to seeing the interactions between magic systems

On 12/26/2019 at 3:49 PM, officiallyaninja said:

honestly none of the induvidual magic systems are that interesting. each of them have their moments of creativity but hemallurgy will probably end up being the most important by the end of the cosmere. im just looking forward to seeing the interactions between magic systems

Well, they're no Naming or Sympathy, that's true.

We're all waiting for the conflux novels of magical sci-fi era :D

@officiallyaninja, which Cosmere world would you choose to live in, if you had the chance?

Edited by Honorless

3 minutes ago, The traveller said:

Naming ? Not really the best magic system at all! Especially since we were not even told the name spoken! 
Is sympathy related to same work? I can not remember...

I do love the idea of true names and sympathetic magic. It's an old idea for magic really, dating back all the way to Ancient Egypt (and remember what they say: Cleopatra is closer to our times than to the building of the great pyramids!) The way Rothfuss refurbished and presented them were quite good! 

Edited by Honorless

2 minutes ago, Honorless said:

I do love the idea of true names and sympathetic magic. It's an old idea for magic really, dating back all the way to Ancient Egypt (and remember what they say: Cleopatra is closer to our times than to the building of the great pyramids!) The way Rothfuss refurbished and presented them were quite good! 

I like the way he handled sympathy, it is the normal magic that kvothe learned right? With alar and all? 

I did not like the way he handled naming though. He did not even give us the real name of the wind! I kinda was looking forward to finding it out! But may be he had plans to flesh it out more later... but now we will never know :D

2 minutes ago, The traveller said:

I did not like the way he handled naming though. He did not even give us the real name of the wind! I kinda was looking forward to finding it out! But may be he had plans to flesh it out more later... but now we will never know :D

We do get some Names. Go to the part where Elodin takes Kvothe to Haven. The constructed languages are very pleasing sounding.