Not as fast a Fleet. Overdue, but here.

GlowingChamaeleon

Greetin— Hello—, no... hmmm... Storm it. 

Radiants! I'm glad to have finally introduced myself. I recently created my account *cough*in January*cough*, and am happy to dive into all sorts of Cosmere information. I stared tWoK last fall and finished OB this last spring and have since got through Warbreaker, started Elantris, and almost done with Era 1 (just started HoA). Most importantly, I have successful determined that this is my favorite universe. Shy as Vin, emotionally destabilized as Szeth, about as eccentric as Wit, while contemplating as much as Hrathen. Hopefully that made enough sense.

As one does, any questions are welcome and I promise I won't (hopefully) get too much wrong in my first week. Journey before destination.

I have spoken.

-Szeth the Truthless

1 minute ago, Honorless said:

So, least favourite character?

Oh darn. There's a lot of characters I'm cycling through my head now and I love all of them for their arcs. I guess I'll split this, one for one I emotionally dislike and one that just annoys me based on how the character has been/was objectively written. The first I would say I just don't like them is Moash (obvious reasons) or Dockson (Who, I believe, was the one who didn't like Elend, and that bothers me). However, I can narratively understand them and accept that it's their well written characters. For the second, I don't like what has happened with Shallan, but I'm coming around.

:lol:

Okay, final tough question: inevitable destruction is coming towards the Cosmere, but good news! You can save all of the known Shardworlds... well almost all (including all inhabited minor ones, except Braize). The bad news is that you will have to leave one world behind to face inevitable destruction, which one would be the unlucky Shardworld that you would sacrifice to save the rest? 

Edited by Honorless

2 hours ago, Honorless said:

which one would be the unlucky Shardworld that you would sacrifice to save the rest?

Scadrial for one specific reason. At the time of this inevitable destruction, they would have developed space travel and can easily relocate to another non-shard planet with Harmony.

19 minutes ago, The traveller said:

Welcome to the shard @Szeth the Truthless

I am surprised that this name was not already taken! I have seen you active around the forum already so that is great!! I look forward to your view and take on others theories in the shard :) 

Me too! I tried son-son Vallano and son Neturo, I think, but this one was available! I'm excited to see more of what lies beyond the text as well!

5 hours ago, Honorless said:

What's your favourite Cosmere scene?

I can think of a few that I love and it’s hard to decide. I do enjoy scenes with NB/sword-nimi In Warbreaker/with szeth in SA. Along with the Adolin/Kal shardblade battle in WoR. The opening of WoA is great too. Dalinar and Navani’s marriage is also interesting. I enjoyed Spook getting helped out of the fire (the last chapter I just read in HoA). And it was fun to read Nale’s and Lift’s conversation at the end in Edgedancer. But if I could go back and read any scene/section it would be the scene with Dalinar bringing all the realms together, Kal and Szeth zooming around with Lift, Jasnah using different surges, Rock shooting the shardbow, and Dalinar confronting Odium/The thrill (because I can’t spell the Unmade’s name).

and I will come back if it changes by the end. Now I’m ultra curious... time to get back to reading :lol:

Edited by Szeth the Truthless

53 minutes ago, Szeth the Truthless said:

I can think of a few that I love and it’s hard to decide. I do enjoy scenes with NB/sword-nimi In Warbreaker/with szeth in SA. Along with the Adolin/Kal shardblade battle in WoR. The opening of WoA is great too. Dalinar and Navani’s marriage is also interesting. I enjoyed Spook getting helped out of the fire (the last chapter I just read in HoA). And it was fun to read Nale’s and Lift’s conversation at the end in Edgedancer. But if I could go back and read any scene/section it would be the scene with Dalinar bringing all the realms together, Kal and Szeth zooming around with Lift, Jasnah using different surges, Rock shooting the shardbow, and Dalinar confronting Odium/The thrill (because I can’t spell the Unmade’s name).

and I will come back if it changes by the end. Now I’m ultra curious... time to get back to reading :lol:

All awesome scenes, for me, I'll also add all the interludes, plus Alendi's journals, some stuff that are spoilers :P, the Bridgecrews scenes were really impactful, Lift listening to Nale, Eshonai's fall, everything Shai!

Yeah, a Sanderson Avalanche of epic proportions is heading your way :D

On 12/28/2019 at 0:28 AM, Szeth the Truthless said:

my favourite scene is I am unity

before that it was Mistborn HoA ending.

On 12/26/2019 at 11:56 PM, Honorless said:

Yeah, a Sanderson Avalanche of epic proportions is heading your way :D

On 12/28/2019 at 0:28 AM, Szeth the Truthless said:

You weren’t kidding! I’m up like, “I’ll just start part 5...” then I’m up until two a.m. :lol:

Is this about HoA? 

35 minutes ago, The traveller said:

Is this about HoA? 

Yeah it is, I just finished it a couple days ago. Then I read through Secret History and picked up Elantris, set finishing.

HoA was crazy though. With the time I have I was able to just binge read all day. 

37 minutes ago, The traveller said:

my favourite scene is I am unity

before that it was Mistborn HoA ending.

Currently my standing as well after finishing...

2 hours ago, Szeth the Truthless said:

Currently my standing as well after finishing...

Elend and his atium misting army fighting the koloss army is my favourite in HoA followed by the ending with Sazed of course

I would love to see these scenes on screen one day!!

Which is your favourite short story ?

7 hours ago, The traveller said:

Elend and his atium misting army fighting the koloss army is my favourite in HoA followed by the ending with Sazed of course

I would love to see these scenes on screen one day!!

Which is your favourite short story ?

They would be incredible to watch!

I’ve only read a couple so far and I like Edgedancer the best because it covers a different character in depth in a continuous story

5 hours ago, Honorless said:

Wait, you haven't read Emperor's Soul yet? 

No, isn't it connected to Elantris?

Edit: I just checked Arcanum Unbounded and saw that it doesn't directly spoil Elantris. I just assumed that I would need to read it afterwards.

Edited by Szeth the Truthless