What Author would u like to see Sanderson team up with

SzethIsBadAsHell

I know do to the nature of writing you never see two authors co write something . I see it in graphic novels and comics but hardly never in books . But I really would love to Sanderson team up with Joe Abercrombie or M Strazynski . Sanderson excels at magic systems and personalities but you never ever can say his characters are evil . Some walk the line but it’s never clear . Abercrombie and Strazinski are masters of showing that all Monsters don’t look like Monsters some can look like people. Sometimes we like to have something evil to say or justify why we need such a hard protagonist . Sanderson seems to always make his characters broken in some way . He could benefit from seeing things from a different point of view . Are thier any others you would like to see Sanderson team up with?? 

Brandon Sanderson

Now, I will say there is one thing I've been wanting to do for a long time that will probably never happen so don't get too excited. But I had this awesome idea once, and these come to me, where I would write a book with Pat Rothfuss where *audience gets too excited*-- wait, wait, you've gotta hear this pitch - where we both have a set of characters who're competing for misaligned goals, like one wants to save somebody and one wants to assassinate somebody-- they've cross purposes. And we write them, and exchange chapters, and have try to assassinate each other and fiddle with each other's plots. And we get it to, like, 80% of the way done and then we send it to George Martin, and we say "read this and decide the ending and then we'll write it *audience laughter and applause*. And so the reason I want to this is so we can write on the cover, it's not "Brandon Sanderson and Pat Rothfuss", it's "Brandon Sanderson vs. Pat Rothfuss". And see who wins at the end if we can convince George not to kill all of our characters. It's never going to happen, but wouldn't that be fun?

Words of Radiance Chicago signing (March 22, 2014)

I'm excited for the collaborations he currently has. If I was to pick a dream match up it would be Rothfuss for his sheer level of detail and landscapes and Sanderson for his characters and plot. I'd also like to see a different genre tackled; maybe Paul Tremblay producing a Sanderson-level horror book.

I was joking around on another thread and said Rothfuss and Sanderson would be good because then maybe Rothfuss would get the idea to finish doors . I like this idea that would be cool . Thanks @RShara .

@Wander89 I vaguely remember Trembly . Didn’t he write vampire books . What works by him are worth reading ? 

5 hours ago, SzethIsBadAsHell said:

I was joking around on another thread and said Rothfuss and Sanderson would be good because then maybe Rothfuss would get the idea to finish doors . I like this idea that would be cool . Thanks @RShara .

@Wander89 I vaguely remember Trembly . Didn’t he write vampire books . What works by him are worth reading ? 

Tremblay wrote A Head Full of Ghosts and Cabin At The End of the World. I'd recommend those. Not vampire novels though, psychological/supernatural horror.

A collaboration with Brent Weeks could be fun. They’re both great with hard magic systems, so it’d be interesting to see what they come up with. Plus, I feel like their writing styles would meld together well.

1 hour ago, Ooklidean Geometry said:

A collaboration with Brent Weeks could be fun. They’re both great with hard magic systems, so it’d be interesting to see what they come up with. Plus, I feel like their writing styles would meld together well.

Sanderson, Weeks, and McClellan all team up (The B Team, if you will), with each writing a chapter/perspective. Their styles are compatible enough, and the magic systems would be WACK. 

Other author collaborations I've thought of: Sam Sykes, Scott Lynch, and Sabaa Tahir (and then throw in Sarah J Maas for extra oomph); Dan Wells, Dan Brown, and Dan Jones, with the audiobooks narrated by Dan Carlin. Mark Lawrence, Myke Cole, and Merissa Meyer. 

• Chaos locked this topic