State of Sanderson Dark One Sample

ILuvHats

I have to say, the sample panels have got me really excited. The color scheme of Mirandus is so much better than Taldain in my opinion; the red shades combined with black work so much better than sand here, sand there, sand everywhere! The color palette on earth wasn't as exciting, though the art style felt like something out of a DC or Marvel comic book, which was pretty cool. Plus, while the color palette of earth wasn't terribly exciting, it's taking place in a city, so a blander, gray color scheme is to be expected. There could be opportunities to make scenes on earth more colorfully dynamic later. And we don't even know how much time we'll be spending there.

The character design of the big baddy is epic. I'm totally getting grim reaper vibes from his outfit. Seemed like a chill dude till he just killed his friend out of nowhere. I will say that Paul felt a bit like Stephen Leeds with the whole attending a psychologist thing and seeing somebody who isn't there. The similarities seem to end there, though, and hopefully they won't end up too similar. The differences in plot along make me feel like they won't. Oh yeah, and from the one or two strips we got of Paul and his sister Nikka talking, they seem like they've got a lot of chemistry. 

Overall, I really liked it. I'm seeing vast improvements over White Sand already graphically, and the story has me intrigued. Though I thought we might get it in 2020, but now I have to deal with the crushing realization that we might have to wait for more than two years to see it. 

• 5 months later...

More betterer sample available here and here.

I'm trying to guess all the board games on his shelf.

Monopoly

Yes! No! Game

Ticket to Ride

Agatha Christie: Death on the Cards (or one of the older Agatha Christie games?)

Big . . . something?  Bingo?  Bio . . . something?

• 2 weeks later...