Compounding copper.

Elsecaller_17.5

F-Copper stores a memory in a metal mind. While in the metalmind it does not degrade but while in your head it does. You cannot remember it if it's in the metalmind. So, would compounding copper give you a perfect memory never degrading and always in your head?

Edited by Truthwatcher_17.5

So far all we know is that it will do something, but ever other time it's come up he's cited a blanket RAFO on all questions about unrevealed compounding, saying he wants to save them to be revealed in the stories. 

FireArcadia

Is there any use to being a copper Compounder, from a Feruchemical point of view? I think the same point would also apply to an aluminum Compounder.

Brandon Sanderson

Some combinations, like some abilities themselves, aren't really that useful. That said, being able to Compound copper...that could do some things. Aluminum, not so much.

17th Shard Forum Q&A (Sept. 25, 2012)

I've always thought that compounding copper would allow one to dump memories into a metalmind while also retaining it in one's mind. Imagine burning a coppermind while tapping it and storing the memories into another coppermind => that coppermind becomes a copy of the first one, while you also retain it in your head, possibly to create yet another coppermind with the same memories.

It would explain that unsealed coppermind coin/medallion that Hoid threw at Wax's head, which earlier Devlin Airs had said he'd seen others like it circulating around New Seran shortly before. Imagine if you could cut memory medallions like RCA cut vinyl records.

1 hour ago, robardin said:

I've always thought that compounding copper would allow one to dump memories into a metalmind while also retaining it in one's mind. Imagine burning a coppermind while tapping it and storing the memories into another coppermind => that coppermind becomes a copy of the first one, while you also retain it in your head, possibly to create yet another coppermind with the same memories.

It would explain that unsealed coppermind coin/medallion that Hoid threw at Wax's head, which earlier Devlin Airs had said he'd seen others like it circulating around New Seran shortly before. Imagine if you could cut memory medallions like RCA cut vinyl records.

I could get behind that, as an emergent use in the post-medallion era, when Compounding should become more available anyway.  

38 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Personally I think that because compounding multiplies the stored power, you could enhance the fine details of the memory, to the point where tapping it felt like "time travel" in the sense that the memory of all the sensations would be crystal clear and un-discernable from real life.

You would have to do some spiritual mombo jumbo to make that work.  What you are proposing involves making information out of nothing or at least out of guesswork.

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

You would have to do some spiritual mombo jumbo to make that work.  What you are proposing involves making information out of nothing or at least out of guesswork.

I don't  think that's what he's saying. I think it would be like reliving that moment completely is what he's saying.

On 12/18/2019 at 5:42 PM, StanLemon said:

I don't  think that's what he's saying. I think it would be like reliving that moment completely is what he's saying.

Yes but the complete information of the experienced moment is not on the coin.  It would be like writing a note about a specific moment but then reliving that moment once you read the note.