Favourite cosmere quotes

StealthPrincess

On 3/15/2020 at 0:14 PM, jamesbondsmith said:

Not a quote so much as a passage, but I think the chapter where Wayne makes drinks for everyone in a bar and thinks of it as if he's a priest leading a sermon was one of my favourite parts of the whole series (I think it would be Shadows of Self).

Yes! That was an amazing passage - IIRC he called the pub "the Temple of the Common Man." Brilliant!

The religions in my portfolio weren't useless after all... None of them were. They weren't all true.

But they all had truth.

As someone who is presently agnostic but has spent a lot of time researching most of the world's major religions, dead and alive, in a search for meaning, this really hit home.

On 12/18/2019 at 10:58 PM, Dreamer said:

"The most important step a man can take...

It's not the first one, is it? It's the next one... always the next one."

I didn't think Sanderson could turn up the volume on the feel-o-meter with the Immortal Words, past Teft's summary of it in the chasms:

"Journey before destination. ... In the end, all men die. How you lived will be far more important to the Almighty than what you accomplished."

And then Dalinar had to go there:

"YOU CANNOT HAVE MY PAIN! ... If I pretend I didn't do those things, it means I can't have grown to become someone else. Journey before destination. It cannot be a journey if it doesn't have a beginning."

• Chaos locked this topic