Stormlight 4 Hopes

The Awakened Salad

I'm hoping for one of thr Windrunner squires to pass Kaladin in the oaths. I think it would be fascinating to watch Kaladin respond to Teft or someone else supplanting him.

I'm also hoping for Dalinar to do something awesome and to see more of Cultivation, or at least her plans.

And I'm hoping to watch Shallan's mental state continue to deteriorate, because it's really interesting to watch.

And less puns.

I find I'm so excited that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.

I think it's the excitement only a Sanderfan can feel: a fan in the midst of a journey whose conclusion is uncertain, but who savors it above the destination.

I hope Szeth goes to cleanse the Stone Shamans of the Shin, and finds that their sins are not so black and white.

I hope to see how Lopen, who seems not to hate, forms his Third Ideal of the Windrunners.

I hope the Purelake is as magical and warm as it has been in my dreams.

I hope.

4 hours ago, robardin said:

I find I'm so excited that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.

I think it's the excitement only a Sanderfan can feel: a fan in the midst of a journey whose conclusion is uncertain, but who savors it above the destination.

I hope Szeth goes to cleanse the Stone Shamans of the Shin, and finds that their sins are not so black and white.

I hope to see how Lopen, who seems not to hate, forms his Third Ideal of the Windrunners.

I hope the Purelake is as magical and warm as it has been in my dreams.

I hope.

Omg I never thought of that . Yes we really need a POV fight scene where Lopen gets his blade , omg that will be so funny to see Rua turn into a blade 

4 hours ago, What's a Seawolf? said:

I hope Brandon and Tor again release all of Part 1 in weekly segments leading up to release.

One, it makes the book arrive just that much sooner, and two, combing over every word and theorizing with all you Sharders was so, SO much fun.

True, but I also found reading it that way broke up the pacing of the book that made me think it was disjointed until a re-read or two later.

I decided that if they did that again for Stormlight 4, I would resist reading the Dickens-style chapter releases, and just wait for the full novel to be released.

Fortuately, I swore no oaths, and no spren need die should I renege.

On 12/18/2019 at 3:10 PM, Jaywalk said:

I think Renarin needs a hug.

That's my sole hope for Stormlight 4. I'm just along for the ride.

I agree, but I wouldnt be surprised if Rock & Co dont do this on a regular basis.  Being a part of Bridge Four has been great for him.  

One of my biggest hopes is that we'll get a Stoneward POV. I'm so curious about their spren after we got that short glimpse in Shadesmar.

We've probably met one already but I'm still a bit clueless who... though I do hope that Taln will join them and maybe be the first Stoneward in millenia.

Edit: Just realized that I really need to know what happened to Thude and the other Listeners who refused to accept Stormform. Really hope that Rlain will meet them again...

Edited by Sishal

4 hours ago, Debarra said:

Hoids truths

Oh storms. What if the epilogue that Brandon’s so excited about is Hoid speaking one of his truths? I can’t even imagine what kind of juicy cosmere secrets could be alluded to. 

5 hours ago, Ooklidean Geometry said:

Oh storms. What if the epilogue that Brandon’s so excited about is Hoid speaking one of his truths? I can’t even imagine what kind of juicy cosmere secrets could be alluded to. 

Off topic ! How long you think Hoid makes level 5 lightweaver ?? He literally has 4000 to come to terms with all his issues and I’m sure he knows some juicy truths that can expedite his advance within the order ! How long before Level 5

My brief list of what I want to see, in no particular but completely biased order:

• A lot of details about the Unmade.  (Epithets and powers, as well as what influences they have on people, are what I'm hoping to learn; I don't think we'll see their origins in the first five.)
  • Voidbinding mechanics and whether some tiny % of the Fused can do so.  (Enough said.)
  • Mayalaran's full resuscitation (I predict a one year time skip has progressed her ability to communicate with Adolin quite a bit.)
  • Details about the remaining Surges.  (Example: What is Cognitive or Spiritual Cohesion?)
  • Fabrial science with corrupted spren.  (I have a suspicion that the artifabrian community knows about this already.)
Edited by dvoraen

• Adolin makes progress on healing Maya
  • More Lift!
  • Some information on the Stonewards and Willshapers. (And also some on Truthwatchers, since we don't know much of what they can do, and Renarin's abilities may be non-standard for the order anyway.)
  • More Rock! Maybe even a trip up to the Horneater Peaks to deal with Moelach?
  • The awakening of Urithiru
  • The emergence of more Radiants/Squires. I feel like Team Honor/Cultivation is going to need a lot more surgebinders to defeat Odium and his army.
  • Rysn taking her new ship on an expedition somewhere important. (Perhaps to Aimia? I assume the hordeling Aimians need Stormlight to keep their bodies together, so maybe Chiri-Chiri can get them past the guardian who poisoned that Soulcaster by eating all her Stormlight.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2019 at 7:03 AM, Debarra said:

I have two personal theories.

1. He says them all at once and becomes a lvl 5 LightWeaver to the shock of his spren.

Or

2. He tries the above but they are all rejected for not being truthful enough.

I see both of them unlikely but equally funny outcomes that I hope happens. Especially if 2 is full of Cosmere info we didn't know about beforehand.

Now I need this too.

6 hours ago, Honorless said:

Hmm, maybe we'll finally find out Pattern's real name? Learning Rock's real name, Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor, was fun. Pattern said it's a string of numbers but it's not like it could be like the value of π, right?

I think it would be something more like an algorithm. 

Lightweaver training like game of faces from GoT.

Edited by Ookla the Prolific

Things I hope to see but probably won't:

Cultivation's name

All of the Nahel Spren

Advanced fabrial tech

Someone on screen being bad chull with living Shardplate, as well as the once and for all settlement of what living Shardplate is comprised of (non sapient spren vs solid Stormlight) 

All the Orders' 1st unique Oath 

More hidden worldhoppers 

Vivienda

Clarified history of Roshar 

What the black sphere is

2 hours ago, Bigmikey357 said:

Things I hope to see but probably won't:

All of the Nahel Spren

You're in luck:

Brandon Sanderson

The next were going to have all the Spren from Shadesmar like-

Paleo

All the Radiant spren.

Brandon Sanderson

All the Radiant spren, you know well nine of the Orders we're going to get all nine in. 

Isaac Stewart

We're going to do yeah, we talked about the tenth. 

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, we're probably not going to do the tenth.

Isaac Stewart

We're going to have to wait until after the book is done to decide.

Brandon Sanderson

But they'll be nine of them at least. They're looking very cool, I'm very pleased with how those are. They're very like these natural history illustrations and so.

Isaac Stewart

They do look nice.

Prague Signing (Oct. 26, 2019)