More books

GoWibble

More books?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Brandon has said that we have not seen all of the Shards and the same for the planets that were affected by Shards. So is it possible that there will be more books that cover those worlds that we do not know about, or just later in the series, will we come upon references to them? Pls disprove!

• More books with new worlds
    • New worlds in established books

I have had this theory for a while now, and I am kind of hoping that someone will disprove it for me. 

Brandon has said that we have not seen all of the Shards and the same for the planets that were affected by Shards. So is it possible that there will be more books that cover those worlds that we do not know about, or just later in the series, will we come upon references to them?

Pls vote and Shard share any insight!

Don't know if we will have references to them, exactly, but I mean, Mistborn Era 4 is all space opera-y. I think if there are any planets left that Brandon wants to showcase, that might be where it would happen. I think Brandon has way too much on his plate cosmere-related to write new stories for some of these other planets/Shards, so I think it is likely that they'll just end up being a part of what he already has on his plate.

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

Don't know if we will have references to them, exactly, but I mean, Mistborn Era 4 is all space opera-y. I think if there are any planets left that Brandon wants to showcase, that might be where it would happen. I think Brandon has way too much on his plate cosmere-related to write new stories for some of these other planets/Shards, so I think it is likely that they'll just end up being a part of what he already has on his plate.

that is what I hope for his sanity. 

1 hour ago, GoWibble said:

I have had this theory for a while now, and I am kind of hoping that someone will disprove it for me. 

Brandon has said that we have not seen all of the Shards and the same for the planets that were affected by Shards. So is it possible that there will be more books that cover those worlds that we do not know about, or just later in the series, will we come upon references to them?

Pls vote and Shard share any insight!

Zireks

Generally when do you think the next time you will write a book set on a new, never gotten a book, Cosmere shardworld?

Brandon Sanderson

Does Threnody count? It got a short story. It's most likely, and could happen in the space between Stormlight 5 and 6 (though that is a busy time period for me--I've put a lot of books in there potentially.

I think the chances of seeing a new world in a novella is much more likely.

Skyward Pre-Release AMA (Oct. 15, 2018)

We know that the Dragonsteel series is going to lead up to the Shattering and all the original Vessels will appear there, so we should get introduced to all the Shards (or at least have a very good idea what they all are) by the time those books are through. Then we'll probably see or at least hear about all the Shards in the final Mistborn trilogy which is going to be the big finale to the Cosmere.

In the interim, the Threnody novella might give us some information about Ambition and future White Sand projects will probably do likewise for Autonomy. Brandon has also mentioned plans to rewrite the unpublished Aether of Night, which might bring another Shard into the picture. His most recent WoB is that the aethers are a pre-Shattering magic system (which was how he made it when he wrote The Liar of Partinel) but that's probably going to change. Assuming it does, that would likely bring another Shard to our attention. And the Silverlight novella that Brandon has been talking about might introduce another Shard in some way, if only indirectly due to how Cosmere-aware that city is.

• 6 months later...

Revelant WoB:

Questioner

You see, in a few places, Shards that can read people's minds, or send thoughts to people's minds. What, in other settings, would be called telepathy. Do we have, in any Shardworlds, a magic system where ordinary people have telepathy?

Brandon Sanderson

I've actually designed one that I think is interesting, whether I will make that work or not, I'm not sure. But there is a very interesting world, one that i have right now in the Cosmere, that we will see. I try not to canonize these things till I actually write the story. As happened with Silence Divine, where people have been for six years, "When are you going to write this story?" Because I wrote one chapter of it.

But yes, I do have something that works that way.

Skyward release party (Nov. 6, 2018)