everyone might hate me after this but i really hated the book "dragon rider"

TheMothLord

Dragon Rider, by Cornelia Funke, is a novel about some dragon and some kid doing things I guess. I have a lot to say about it. 

first off, you'd think that a literal dragon created through a failed alchemical experiment who has basically hunted the entire species dragon species to eXTINCTION would not be defeated by some cat thing spitting on something and some CHILD dragons breathing fire on it. The villain was defeated too easily for all the "oooooh see how sCaRy he is" that made up like 46% of the book.

second of all, okay wHAT are these names???? Ben makes sense for a human boy, but Rat is a rat character's name. greenbloom???? that'S NOT A HUMAN LAST NAME. also zubiedia the dracologist? I remember her being human, so I can complain about her. DRACOLOGIST IS NOT A THING! IT'S E X P L I C I T L Y SAID HUMANS DON'T KNOW DRAGONS ARE REAL! WHY WOULD YOU NEED A FIELD OF STUDY ON SOMEONE WHO WASN'T REAL

I liked the "dragons need moonlight to fly thing" but the moondew made that not even worth putting in. IF YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE A THING THAT BEATS YOUR OWN MAGIC SYSTEM'S RULES, DON'T MAKE THE RULE YOU'RE BREAKING A RULE! 

during the middle of the book, some sea serpent exposition-dumped about the villian. why? please don't

characters were unbelievable and either 1) too perfect 2) evil for the sake of being evil. or in the case of sorrel, COMPLETLY UNLIKABLE

also the only reason the villain existed in this book was because the main character was an absolute idiot 

in summary: the book is like OMG DRAGON!!!1!!! to distract you from the fact that it doesn't stand on its own without dragons.  

Edited by The Dude That Wore White
wasn't finished complaining

The only Cornelia Funke I ever read was the Inkheart trilogy. I looked at Dragon Rider but didn't get around to it. Now all ya'll in this chat have homework, either convince me to read or not to read this book, each according to their own opinions. 

P.S. I hate the Harry Potter books. whatarya gonna do about it huh? ;-)