Stormlight 4 2020 Release Date Confirmed

Isaiah Zayth

3 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

His pen name is Jochi. Just because I love that scene lol. 

That scene if perfect.  Maybe the Veristitalians will have a good scene and that is what he is referring to!  I personally would love to see Jasnah Kholin queen of alethkar sneaking out of the palace with Shallan to visit a pastry shop owner who everyone knows as a women where we meet other equally diverse Veristitalians with equally awesome backstories!

Edited by Ookla the Prolific

On 12/12/2019 at 10:05 AM, Use the Falchion said:

Stone Boards - These souffles and cream puffs will stand while others fall! Now serving crem-brick pizza on our special Stoneward slabs! 

We put a new meaning in Jawbreaker!

Mmmm an arms race... 

Remember the two ardents doing flame spren measuring experiments?  I think we could see them again, or at least the results of their research.

I'm also really hoping for some of Navani's airships (played too much Final Fantasy growing up).

Since it talks about new technology I'm guessing it's not about the Honorblades or Dawnshards.  Although I think that was used to stab Jezrien must be something recently made, else why not kill the heralds ages ago? (Unless it's all part of some looooong game of Odium's....*puts down tin foil hat*)

Edit:  Ugh, Nov 17th will be on a Tuesday.  My work week will be in shambles. :rolleyes:

Edited by Zelly

On 12/14/2019 at 11:30 AM, Blackwarder said:

Am I the only one who’s thinking about guns? We have a WoB that says that fabrials can replicate every surge so how about a fabrial that uses gravitation to accelerate projectiles? 

I don't think that would be particularly noteworthy.  Think about how much stormlight such a fabrail would need and compare it to what a couple archers can do.  Guns are important because they are easy to use and cheap to manufacture not because(until the 19th century ish) they are that much better for fighting.

On 12/13/2019 at 10:23 PM, Zelly said:

I'm also really hoping for some of Navani's airships (played too much Final Fantasy growing up).

Agreed. 

Since it talks about new technology I'm guessing it's not about the Honorblades or Dawnshards.  Although I think that was used to stab Jezrien must be something recently made, else why not kill the heralds ages ago? (Unless it's all part of some looooong game of Odium's....*puts down tin foil hat*)

Hm.  Maybe it was something about Moash?

Wait wait wait just realized.  We know fabrails can use any surge.  It stands to reason they can use void surges also.  Dun Dun!

16 hours ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

I don't think that would be particularly noteworthy.  Think about how much stormlight such a fabrail would need and compare it to what a couple archers can do.  Guns are important because they are easy to use and cheap to manufacture not because(until the 19th century ish) they are that much better for fighting.

Not commenting to get into a huge discussion, just offering a counter point on why a gravity gun fabrial might appeal. Using a railgun as an analogue, you would potentially get greater range, and impact from such a gun versus conventional fire arms. The projectile could be smaller but still deal comparable damage. The absence of explosive propellants or warheads to store and handle as well as the low cost of projectiles compared to conventional weaponry would be additional advantages. Add to your gun potentially being rechargeable and not requiring gunpowder to fire could be a boon to Roshar. 

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

Not commenting to get into a huge discussion, just offering a counter point on why a gravity gun fabrial might appeal. Using a railgun as an analogue, you would potentially get greater range, and impact from such a gun versus conventional fire arms. The projectile could be smaller but still deal comparable damage. The absence of explosive propellants or warheads to store and handle as well as the low cost of projectiles compared to conventional weaponry would be additional advantages. Add to your gun potentially being rechargeable and not requiring gunpowder to fire could be a boon to Roshar

You would need a lot of stormlight to make that viable.  Also Windrunners might already have this capability. 

...Since it talks about new technology I'm guessing it's not about the Honorblades or Dawnshards.  Although I think that was used to stab Jezrien must be something recently made, else why not kill the heralds ages ago? (Unless it's all part of some looooong game of Odium's....*puts down tin foil hat*)...

20 hours ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

Hm.  Maybe it was something about Moash?

There are ... other perils. I was gonna quote a WOB, but I just deleted it - too spoiler-y. Trying to keep mySELF from too much guessing, LOL! You all deserve the same courtesy!!

Edited by Lump-wing

1 hour ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

You would need a lot of stormlight to make that viable.  Also Windrunners might already have this capability. 

I have included the image search link below for what a railgun would look like. So I am not talking hand held. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=rail+gun&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS820US820&sxsrf=ACYBGNTCSucmfp-V2WPjyLaySdY46F6RGg:1576612718851&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi1sbiIvL3mAhVKc98KHV3fBc0Q_AUoAnoECBIQBA&biw=1440&bih=797

• Chaos locked this topic