Major storm systems/climate patterns

Ripheus23

What if every major enduring storm system or climate type or what, has a unique spren, like Cusicesh for a "lesser" climate-structure in it's area? And the bridge to Braize involves in the weather of that world? And that the Everstorm has always been the vehicle of the Fused, then?

Think of how the Eye of Jupiter is an enduring thing, like we seem to "carve nature at its joints" here. Or wind-personification generally IRL and in the SA. I think climatespren must be a thing, an important thing as such then, even...

This is an interesting interpretation of "a new thing, but old of design." Maybe some version of the Everstorm has always existed, but it was only recently (post-Honor) that they were able to bring it to Roshar.

I have long been a proponent of the "Everstorm has a Spren" theory. It's Roshar. Everything has a spren. Even if the Everstorm doesn't have one now, it probably will soon.

39 minutes ago, Belzedar said:

I have long been a proponent of the "Everstorm has a Spren" theory. It's Roshar. Everything has a spren. Even if the Everstorm doesn't have one now, it probably will soon.

The everstorm does have a spren just like everything else.  Even if Brandon decides to RAFO this question for some reason.

Humans do tend to personify all manner of things it's true. Most spring can tie their birth to human or at least sapient personification of ideals. However, a megastorm hitting your planet every couple weeks tends to blot out other weather systems. I was under the impression that there wasn't much of a microclimate on Roshar anyway. It's Highstorms semi regular with a 2 week weeping around Christmas every year. The Weeping may have a spren but I kinda doubt that too.

I do like the idea of the Everstorm being a prominent part of Braize's climate brought to Roshar though.  Probably gives the Heralds nightmares when they hear the howl of the wind and some such. Guess we'll see. 

Im entirely on board with the Everstorm having a spren, and even with lesser weather patterns having Spren like like the Highstorm does, perhaps Syl's Aunt and Uncles and whatnot? Cusicesh's ultra-regular timing makes me think they're a Spren of Tides, fwiw.  That being said, I dont think I like the idea of the Everstorm being a pre-existing thing, mostly because Im a big fan of the Everstorm being our example of the Birth of a new Unmade, in the Everstorm's case it was made from the sacrificial remnants of the Singers that died to create it, a sort of Super-Fused. The Everstorm is new, or at least new to Roshar to the OP's point, but I got the impression that the Fused getting back was still more about Odium "riding the storm" the way Honor used to, rather than a property of the Everstorm itself.  

Devil's Advocate on this though: the Highstorm is one of the very few things we know that for certain predates the Shattering itself, and we also know the continent and even Planetary system as a whole was built for a specific purpose, so there is every possibility that the Highstorm having a spren, or at least a powerful and Sentient spren, could be a supernatural exception rather than a natural occurrence.  

• Chaos locked this topic