318 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, DeTess said:

I haven't had the time to look in-depth into anyone else though (and I won't habe before turnover), but if I were to move my vote outside of those 3, it'd be to one of sart, kynedath, or twibanu. Sart for the same reason as I initially voted on him this cycle, Twibanu because of gut, and kynedath because I'm having serious trouble finding a village argument for why they don't get stuck into the voting game now.

I mean, it's not specific to village, but the reason I'm hesitant to vote right now is because I feel like I'd be suspicious for introducing a new vote this late in the cycle, and that I'd be suspicious for voting on someone who has a vote on them already because it could be seen as bandwagoning or something. Turns out I'm suspicious for not doing either of those, so let me see if I can find a happy middle ground.

Highest on my suspicion list is probably A Joe in the Bush, Lemonelon, Butt ad Venture, Sart, and the three that we've been focusing on somewhat this cycle. I don't know much about them, I don't have a good grasp on what they've done, I don't have really any read on them which makes me suspicious. If I had to vote for someone, I think it would be Butt ad Venture since I don't like their latest post voting on Twibanu for virtually no reason. But I don't particularly want to vote on someone who doesn't have votes on them because we are quite close to the end of the cycle. That would make me look suspicious (at least it would if make me suspicious if I were the one seeing that behaviour from someone else) and it wouldn't probably get any traction anyways since there is so little time left. Overall it just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Edited by Kynedath

35 minutes ago, DeTess said:

I could agree to that, but if kidpen comes by at the last minute this line if thought will remain unresolved (this is not meant to discourage @Kidpen from checking in btw).

I haven't had the time to look in-depth into anyone else though (and I won't habe before turnover), but if I were to move my vote outside of those 3, it'd be to one of sart, kynedath, or twibanu. Sart for the same reason as I initially voted on him this cycle, Twibanu because of gut, and kynedath because I'm having serious trouble finding a village argument for why they don't get stuck into the voting game now.

Yes hi, I'm here with about an hour to look through and respond to stuff ahhhhhhhh why do i do this to myself.

35 minutes ago, CadCom said:

I try to choose people who are kindof able to fly under the radar, therefore allowing for more info to be made available. Mostly it was a stab in the dark, as I prefer that style on D1 to kindof randomize the information received. 

hm alright fair

Okeey I guess I'll put CadCom aside for now as I'm not getting much elimy vibes. I don't think we should be lynching any of the Big Three today because Kidpen's like, almost guaranteed dead anyway. We can decide where to go from there next cycle. Plus I believe Elkanah on how RL things prevented them from submitting an action.

@Butt Ad Venture Is there any reason other than gut that makes Tinu the highest on your suspect list?

I too wanna focus on DeTess and Tinu. Both seem suspicious to me (DeTess more than Tinu), and that's mostly because they don't have alibis for their actions last cycle. also because I don't like how DeTess is still fixated on the Three. Granted, there was an error in a GM clarification and that does justify them going after the Three earlier this cycle, but now it's just odd. I won't be surprised if Detess and Tinu flip e/e.

EDIT: Of course Kidpen shows up at the worst possible time and ninjas me xD Regardless, I maintain my village read on him from last cycle. He seems genuine enough.

Edited by _Stick_

19 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

I mean, it's not specific to village, but the reason I'm hesitant to vote right now is because I feel like I'd be suspicious for introducing a new vote this late in the cycle, and that I'd be suspicious for voting on someone who has a vote on them already because it could be seen as bandwagoning or something. Turns out I'm suspicious for not doing either of those, so let me see if I can find a happy middle ground.

I'd find neither joining a current vote or creating a new one suspicious if you provide reasoning. Abstaining from the most important aspect of discussion because you want to avoid looking suspicious I do very much consider a red flag.

If we are both elims, why would we both have unconfirmed actions? Venture also has an unconfirmed action, as does Sart, Devotary, Elandera, and Kidpen. This is too many people to all be elims... And beyond that, there can only be one damning unconfirmed action per cycle. The rest of the elims would be taking actions just like the village. One of the people with unconfirmed actions is an elim. But we can't say more than that are.

I didn't take an action. I'll be back with more once I read more in depth. If there's anything anyone wants me to respond to specifically, let me know now.

4 minutes ago, Twibanu said:

If we are both elims, why would we both have unconfirmed actions? Venture also has an unconfirmed action, as does Sart, Devotary, Elandera, and Kidpen. This is too many people to all be elims... And beyond that, there can only be one damning unconfirmed action per cycle. The rest of the elims would be taking actions just like the village. One of the people with unconfirmed actions is an elim. But we can't say more than that are.

One unconfirmed action means an almost guaranteed outed elim, while more than one unconfirmed actions means uncertainty and doubt, so it wont be odd for two elims to decide not to reveal their actions. 

11 minutes ago, DeTess said:

I'd find neither joining a current vote or creating a new one suspicious if you provide reasoning. Abstaining from the most important aspect of discussion because you want to avoid looking suspicious I do very much consider a red flag.

DeTess I think that you are trying to swing the vote over to me for reasons that are in reality pretty small and understandable, I think you are suspicious for not having taken an action, and I am getting a gut read that you are an eliminator. I hope that satisfies you.

5 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

One unconfirmed action means an almost guaranteed outed elim, while more than one unconfirmed actions means uncertainty and doubt, so it wont be odd for two elims to decide not to reveal their actions. 

And what about all the other unconfirmed people?

Kynedath (1): Elandera
Twibanu (1): StrikerEZ, Venture
Elkanah (1): DeTess
DeTess (1): CadCom, Stick

First of all, I trust DeTess. I also seem to be the only person defending her... Which makes me a bit uncomfortable. In addition, she is really good at distancing, and not to put myself on a pedestal, but my most recent games as an elim in LG54, 55, and on MU, I was told my distancing was pretty good. If the two of us were elims, I feel like it wouldn't be quite so obvious.

The people with unconfirmed actions are:
DeTess, Sart, Venture, Elandera, Devotary, Kidpen, and myself.
One of these people is probably an elim.

I think DeTess and Sart are village, and I don't think Kidpen would have submitted the kill. That leaves Venture, Devotary, and Elandera.
Out of these people, I'll vote on Venture.

Venture

Edit:
Oops, ninja'd and doesn't include my vote... and not updated

Twibanu (2): StrikerEZ, Venture
DeTess (3): CadCom, Stick, Kyndedath
Venture(1): Twibanu

Edited by Twibanu

4 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I would argue that two or three unconfirmed actions is the same, pretty condemning. But teibanu does have a good point that there are 7, which makes it much less condemning but it does give us at least a good pool to go from. 

The primary reason I'm voting for Tess was because it felt too much like trying to either pocket or sheep or protect twibanu. The unconfirmedness of his action is only a secondary ir tertiary reason. 

18 minutes ago, CadCom said:

I would argue that two or three unconfirmed actions is the same, pretty condemning. But teibanu does have a good point that there are 7, which makes it much less condemning but it does give us at least a good pool to go from. 

The primary reason I'm voting for Tess was because it felt too much like trying to either pocket or sheep or protect twibanu. The unconfirmedness of his action is only a secondary ir tertiary reason. 

Well, if DeTess is pocketing me... She is doing a terrific job, as I still think she is village. : P

Edit:
I voted on Venture as he is the only one online... However, as it seems everyone is happy about this lynch right now, I'll switch my vote to Elandera (just for the sake of it) as I think she is more likely to be an elim. I know she is busy, however, that doesn't mean she isn't an elim. Devotary hasn't seemed like an elim to me in our PM. Venture I'm mostly neutral on... But the kill target would point towards someone in the community much longer. All this would point towards Elandera.

DeTess (3): CadCom, Stick, Kyndedath
Elandera(1): Twibanu

Venture
Elandera

Edited by Twibanu

20 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

DeTess I think that you are trying to swing the vote over to me for reasons that are in reality pretty small and understandable, I think you are suspicious for not having taken an action, and I am getting a gut read that you are an eliminator. I hope that satisfies you.

I mean, I wish you'd committed to an actual vote without all the prodding, but its an improvement over not committing at all.

Generally speaking, there's a decent chance I won't be on after this point, but here's the things I'd check if I had the time, and would push for in future cycles if I where to survive:

1. look into those likely to not have been a round during turnover. At this point enough has been said about it one way or another that its worth checking with 1 lynch.

2. check Stick's posts this cycle. Their accusation of me focusing on one thing to the extend of other things feels odd, given that I haven't seen much of a global overview by them, but I can just be misremembering.

Oh, and I am moving my vote over to Kynedath ( Elkanah ) Just based on my interactions with them right now, I find myself really getting a bad feeling on them (they seem way to invested in avoiding suspicion, rather than solving the game), and I suggest that if I get lynched people make certain to keep some pressure on them so they actually keep providing actual isnight, rather than trying to dodge all involvement in the lynch.

Alright my take so far is that exactly one of twi and <color=red>tess</color> is Elin but not both. Can't write more on a flip phone.

Just now, Kidpen said:

Alright my take so far is that exactly one of twi and <color=red>tess</color> is Elin but not both. Can't write more on a flip phone.

Use [ instead of <

Also, I’m mostly just posting so I can have the 69th post. :P

Also, I’m not quite sure why we’re lynching Tess? Maybe I just haven’t been paying close enough attention I guess.

1 minute ago, Kidpen said:

need to change the ">" to "]"

Elandera may have tried and failed to use the binoculars Kynedath claims she had, although that is not confirmable action. An elim with binoculars might well use them if there was somebody else available to submit the kill, although there's no reason an elim wouldn't have binoculars. Most everyone else, including me, with an unknown claims no action, so far as I can remember. 

A 3-2-2 lynch isn't super ideal, because a tie results in no death. I don't want to be the cause of that, but I'm also not sure about DeTess. Kidpen's failed vote throws even more confusion into that. I suppose I will vote for her just in case, and as a possible killer.

It's alright, I'll accept his vote regardless because having to color on mobile in a hurry can suck and I'm a generous GM : P

Oh shoot. I just had to delete a very long comment. Maybe I'll save it for tomorrow. 

Cycle 3:

Someone set down their binoculars next to a small stick and forgot where they put them.

“Ha HA! Foolish human, I have stolen your property!”

The small stick reveled in its accomplishment.

“I shall see all and know all and you shall rue the day that you..”

*snap*

“Huh, what’s this? Binoculars? These could be useful.”

Abraham picked up the binoculars, not noticing the small stick he had broken with his large boots. 

“Hey guys?” 

Holding up his mobile for light, he looked over the binoculars carefully.

“I think we might have some new visitors in the city. Just keep a careful eye out.”

…

DeTess sat among the other mercenaries growing tired of their threats at one another. They hadn’t caught a single epic yet or even had a lead on which one to go after. Things were becoming very unorganized and she figured this was exactly what someone wanted. She stood and shouldered her bag.

“I’m going to get some intel. You lot can stay here and kill yourselves for all I care.”

The angry group of mercenaries didn’t take kindly to that. No honour among thieves and killers after all. Miranda smiled to herself and slipped away in the chaos that ensued. No one noticed her leaving since she wasn’t a usual part of the team anyways. Flipping open her mobile she made a quick call.

“Another down. Have you made contact with the ally?” 

The response was what she was hoping for.

“Thank Calamity. I’ll have to stay here for now or they’ll get suspicious, but keep me updated.”

Stick has been attacked and killed! They were a Loyal with a Binoculars item (it has been removed from the game). ( but they weren't)

DeTess has been lynched! They were a Loyal with no items.

Sart was killed by the inactivity filter! He was a Traitor with no items.

Lynch results:

Spoiler

DeTess (5): CadCom, Stick, Kyndedath, Kidpen, Devotary

Kynedath (2): Elandera, DeTess

Cycle 3 has begun! Because the cycle would end on Christmas, it will now be extended by a day and it will end at 1 PM CST on December 26th.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. StrikerEZ - the already suspicious

2. Kynedath - Remy Constantine 

3. DeTess - the unnamed deity Loyal

4. Stick - Stick! Loyal

5. Sart - the one who sends greetings Traitor

6. Butt Venture - Charley Rosen

7. Elandera - character pending

8. CadCom - character pending jr

9. Lemonelon - a happy lemon

10. Elkanah - Clark Narrow (kid from the streets)

11.  Coda - Absodel (student of medicine) - Loyal

12. Devotary of Spontaneity - Lieutenant Muave (experienced sniper)

13. Kidpen - mustached gma

14. Twibanu - unnamed seeker of secrets

15. A Joe in the Bush - Doc Olny (a mad scientist)

Black Market:

Spoiler

Item

Description

Cost

Number   Available

Gun

One time use, may kill any player you target unless they're protected by the vest.

10 points

Bulletproof Vest

One time use, protects against any attack excluding the lynch (passive ability but if activated by an attack it will cancel out your other action if you took one).

8 points

Smoke Bomb 

You cannot be observed with Binoculars. Using this doesn’t consume your action.

6 points

Knife

Wounds a player of your choice, blocking their action for that cycle (may be used once per round).

4 points

Strongbox

Cannot be stolen. You can store one item in the Strongbox. That item cannot be stolen while in the  Strongbox.

2 points

The Shard is kicking my butt and not being helpful at all. Due to an unseen PM that did not appear in my inbox the binoculars are still in play. *face palms

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

PMs going out.

The Shard is kicking my butt and not being helpful at all. Due to an unseen PM that did not appear in my inbox the binoculars are still in play. *face palms

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

Remy was lost, the killings were happening even faster now, they didn't seem to have any notion of who was actually doing the killings either. His maps wouldn't help, his experience as a sailor was useless in Newcago, and he had been accused of being a traitor himself! Remy was trying his best to root out the killers, but this was not his area of expertise and he had been part of the group who had ended up killing that fellow. Nothing had come out of it in the way of damning evidence, and this whole ordeal was beginning to frustrate Remy. He was seriously contemplating leaving Newcago again.

Remy began walking away from the group towards the tunnels, maps in hand. He needed to cool off and cartography was relaxing. He wandered the tunnels beneath the city for hours, but always in the back of his mind were the murders. He couldn't relax and even found himself forgoing making a map in favor of just wandering. That got him lost in the end, but there was a bright side, he did manage to find a small satchel that would hold his inks nicely on his long journeys. It too Remy twice as long to get back as it did for him to get out into the winding nowhere of the tunnels, but when he got back his head had cleared and he was ready to begin the search again.

I don't have much to go on right now, but I find @Devotary of Spontaneity suspicious because of their last minute vote on DeTess. I'm not sure what it was for, could you clarify why you voted on them? looking at your last post where you voted for them I find it confusing.

I also think that @Butt Ad Venture is giving me slight elim vibes, again because of their vote for Twibanu with almost no context, as well as the fact that I don't have any read on them from any of their posts previously. I get a gut elim read, I feel like they're hiding something. I'll put a soft vote on Butt ad Venture, but it's likely to change.

I'm not sure what kind of information the lynch gave us this cycle, but I might be missing something obvious. That's all I can really post for now though, I have some things to do to prepare for holiday celebrations. Back in a while.

regular PMs are out. Will send out the black market points later when life allows.

26 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

I don't have much to go on right now, but I find @Devotary of Spontaneity suspicious because of their last minute vote on DeTess. I'm not sure what it was for, could you clarify why you voted on them? looking at your last post where you voted for them I find it confusing.

It looks like Devotary voted for similar reasons as me. Not that I posted any reasoning. Based on other people's reasoning and my own gut I felt like one of Twi and DeTess were elims, and given that the lynch was leaning towards Tess, I decided it would be best to solidify that vote. I'm going to hold off on voting on Twi until I look through everything again now that I have more time, though.

Unfortunately, I was getting a bit wary of the quick train against Tess right at the end. But I think it was too late to have that stopped. I'll try looking into that this cycle. 

I did attempt to target someone with the knife I got from Lemon, but someone stole it from me so my attack didn't go through Therefore, I cannot confirm yet that someone is not the killer, which I was hoping to do. If you did steal my knife I wouldn't mind if you reach out to me, maybe we can work together to actually find a use for it. 

With regards to stuff happening this cycle, I think it would be good for me to try to honor Tess's last wishes, since they won't be able to. 

1. look into those likely to not have been a round during turnover. At this point enough has been said about it one way or another that its worth checking with 1 lynch.

2. check Stick's posts this cycle. Their accusation of me focusing on one thing to the extend of other things feels odd, given that I haven't seen much of a global overview by them, but I can just be misremembering.

Oh, and I am moving my vote over to Kynedath ( Elkanah ) Just based on my interactions with them right now, I find myself really getting a bad feeling on them (they seem way to invested in avoiding suspicion, rather than solving the game), and I suggest that if I get lynched people make certain to keep some pressure on them so they actually keep providing actual isnight, rather than trying to dodge all involvement in the lynch.

I won't really worry about examining Stick, as he has proven, in a most unfortunate manner that he is not an eliminator. We do know however, that there is at least one additional set of binoculars, which is a relief. I would ask that whoever has those to not claim if you haven't yet, or only claim to someone you trust 100%. I'm obviously very trustworthy so I could be a good option.  :ph34r: Because we need to keep those binoculars in use if we want an easier chance of catching the elims. 

Ok. So someone had previously made a list of those not around around rollover D1. Let me cross reference some lists

1. Spoiler

Actions as confirmed as they could have been from D1 by someone on D2. 

1. StrikerEZ: Stole from Kynedath
    2. Kynedath: Stole from Elandera
    3. DeTess: Unknown Confirmed Village. 
    4. Stick: Stole from Striker
    5. Sart: Unknown
    6. Butt Venture: Unknown
    7. Elandera: Unknown
    8. CadCom: Stole from Lemon
    9. Lemonelon: Stole from Striker
    10. Elkanah: Claims to have forgotten to submit an action
    11. Coda: Dead; confirmed village
    12. Devotary of Spontaneity: Unknown
    13. Kidpen: Unknown
    14. Twibanu: Claims to have both stolen and not stolen
    15. A Joe in the Bush: Stole from Striker (Also apparently has been caught in a lie by Twibanu)

There's this quote.

From Devotary: Do note that there are almost certainly people who checked on the Shard in the ~2.5 hour time period between C1 rollover and Twibanu's post. CadCom, Elkanah, and Kidpen definitely missed rollover, but they certainly don't have been the only ones. Striker, Twibanu, Sart, and Stick definitely were around, but anyone else is an unknown. That somewhat helps their cases, though Twibanu might have been able to swing a lynch to someone other than Coda if Sart/Coda was a supposed v/v. 

And this final vote count. 

DeTess (5): CadCom, Stick, Kyndedath, Kidpen, Devotary

Kynedath (2): Elandera, DeTess

So cross referencing these lists, we can remove Stick, because he's dead. 

Sart, Venture, Elan, Elkanah Devotary, Kidpen, and Twibanu have unconfirmed actions. Of that group, they are all still alive. 

CadCom, Elkanah, Kidpen,  Definitely missed Rollover, With Only Striker, Twibanu, and Sart  who definitely didn't miss rollover. 

CadCom, Stick, Kynedath, Kidpen, Devotary. voted for Tess. 

-------
CadCom is on 2 of those lists. 
Elkanah is on 2 of those lists
Kidpen is on 3 of those lists, 
Devotary is on 2 of those lists, but could possibly be on the third, though I believe he started the Coda lynch, so not the best possibility of being on list 3
Kynedath is only on 1 list,
Sart is only on 1 list,
Venture is only on 1 list
Elan is only on 1 list
Twibanu is only on 1 list, but also was on close to rollover. 

I think the most important people to focus discussion on would be those who are on at least 2 of those lists, as I would expect at least one elim is among those. 

I've run out of time right now, so I'll try to get to more things later.