I'm voting for [Kynedath], specifically for this post:

2 hours ago, Kynedath said:

Im against D1 lynching, I have been for the last however many games I've played, but this is a good discussion we have going here, I like it.

If I were an elim, then on D1 I would be trying to get a solid lynch on a non-eliminator. In that respect Sart seems suspicious, but I think that suspicion is mitigated for me because of their apparent track record of encouraging discussion with sketchy means. And nothing else really screams elim to me.
<snip>
Who I am suspicious of is Twibanu. They were the ones that actually started the voting which goes back to elims trying to get a solid lynch going on someone other than them. A long time into the cycle with not very many votes would get an eliminator worried that the village wouldn't kill anyone which would keep more people in the game which isn't really what they want. In addition, I don't understand their logic here:

I just don't really know what they're trying to say, and that makes me think they're trying to defend themselves or Sart with village logic after they did something with elim logic. Villagers act with villager behavior, so it's easy to justify your point logically. But it's harder to justify elim behavior with village logic and that's what Twibanu looks like they're doing to me.
<snip>
So in conclusion my biggest suspicion lies with Twibanu right now. I don't like to participate in D1 lunches since I don't like contributing to getting someone killed before they can really play the game. But I'm going to be keeping an eye on them from now on I think.

it doesn't read right to me. For one, I don't think the elims would really care if there's no D1 Lynch. Yes that's one less death, but it's also the swingiest, hardest to control lynch, and not having it means the next lynch is just as uninformed as this one should have been. Twibanu being the first one to cast a vote isn't indicative of either alignment. It's easy to justify making a vote. What you're doing is not voting, which you explain in a later post why you're not.

It's not much, but it's the best I have.

25 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

I'm voting for [Kynedath], specifically for this post:

it doesn't read right to me. For one, I don't think the elims would really care if there's no D1 Lynch. Yes that's one less death, but it's also the swingiest, hardest to control lynch, and not having it means the next lynch is just as uninformed as this one should have been. Twibanu being the first one to cast a vote isn't indicative of either alignment. It's easy to justify making a vote. What you're doing is not voting, which you explain in a later post why you're not.

It's not much, but it's the best I have.

I think they would. Every death counts for the eliminators, especially in a game with fifteen people. It might just be me but if I'm trying to win a game like this then I'm doing everything I can and every single action taken counts. Yeah, it's swingy and hard to control, but for the eliminators it's still a step towards their goal.

I can see where you're coming from, but that's honestly what I think.

18 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

I think they would. Every death counts for the eliminators, especially in a game with fifteen people. It might just be me but if I'm trying to win a game like this then I'm doing everything I can and every single action taken counts. Yeah, it's swingy and hard to control, but for the eliminators it's still a step towards their goal.

The C1 lynch only matters about half the time for the elims, and with 15 people it doesn't matter at all for the elims whether here's a C1 lynch*. However, in cases like this, the loss of the C1 lynch does mean that there's 1 less lynch before parity, so its like handing the elims a free night-kill, or intentionally mislynching on purpose.

Now, I get why you don't like C1 lynches, but C1 lynches are a reality of the game, and something that games are generally balanced around (You can definitely balance agame around not having a D1 lynch, but it changes some of the numbers and will affect the proper amount of elims in a number of cases). The loss of a C1 lynch is a real loss for the village and refusal to participate if one is happening anyway isn't helpful, and can appear like someone is trying to wash their hands of something they know is going to be a mislynch.

*mathy explanation that might not hold because I'm tired:

Spoiler

Let's take a look at a simplified model for a 15 person game. There's 3 elims, and no roles. There's a maximum of 4 mislynches in this game. If the village mislynches any more, they lose. This holds in all cases:

• If the village mislynches 5 times in the first five cycles, there'll be 10 dead villagers, leaving it 2:3
  • If the village lynches an elim and mislynches 5 times, there's 1 dead elim and 11 dead villagers, leaving it 1:2
  • If the village lynches 2 elims and mislynches 5 times, there's 2 dead elims and 12 dead villagers, leaving it 0:1

If instead the village chooses to not lynch on cycle 1, the numbers change as follows:

• After 4 mislynches (so after C5), there'll be 9 dead villagers, leaving it 3:3
  • If the village lynches 1 elim and has 4 mislynches, there'll be 10 dead villagers and 1 dead elim, leaving it 2:2
  • If the village lynches 2 elims and has 4 mislynches, there'll be 11 dead villagers and 2 dead elims, leaving it 1:1

Note that a tied lynch does not go through, so the elims win after they reach equal numbers. As you can see here, a no-lynch D1 has the same effect as guaranteeing a mislynch.

Well that backfired. Still, I accomplished my goal of getting people to vote. I've always been in favor of a Day One lunch, but the town was so reluctant to do it this game. I could have voted on another player, but that would tie up the vote, leading to no lynch. Therefore, I decided to blatantly sheep in order to provoke discussion. I've realized that votes don't start flying until someone has 2 on them, so I spread up the process. Unfortunately, all I managed to do was center the discussion on me. Whoops. I know I should vote in self defense, but the person I'm most suspicious of is Elandera. Sitting on the sidelines like that just ticks me off.

Sart (3): Tess, Twi, Venture  
Coda (2): Stick, Devotary

Elandera (1): Sart     
Kynedath(1): Joe

Kynedath had the tendency to avoid voting D1, so I don't think that choice this game is alignment indicative. Sart is far more willing to kill people D1 and will move his vote around if necessary. As a means to provoke more votes, Sart's vote certainly succeeded. 

I feel better about the active players(I recall Twi, DeTess, Stick, and Elandera) who so far will only be getting one point because of lacking RP. Being instructed to limit one's points to avoid suspicion is possible, but since acquiring items is beneficial for everyone going for two game related posts and 150 words doesn't mean someone is evil. I will vote for Coda today over Venture. 

So, I’m very conflicted. I don’t want Sart to get lynched because 1) I never felt like his vote on Venture was too suspicious, and 2) his explanation of his vote on Venture makes sense. At the same time, voting on Coda does nothing because it just ensures no one gets lynched. And I don’t like how Coda just seemed willing to not even try for points. Even as a villager, points are very useful. The least they can do is get you a strongbox so you can protect your item from the elims (or anyone really) trying to steal it and be able to use it at the same time.

I’m gonna vote for Coda and hope someone can get on in time to break the tie.

1 minute ago, Twibanu said:

@StrikerEZ why didn't you say anything in support of Sart previously or in our PM?

Because it’s been almost a full 24 hours since I last sent a message and you never responded. And, if I remember correctly, Sart voted on Venture sometime after that. I definitely mentioned at least skepticism of Sart doing that as an elim in multiple other PMs though. I could go back through and see who I told that to.

2 minutes ago, Twibanu said:

I was just about to remove my vote for Sart because there was no push to get Sart out of the lead... But then there was a push to put Coda in the lead, and now I'm conflicted. Either way, I think this is probably v/v but idk. Lol

If you don’t want to move your vote, it looks like @_Stick_ could decide the lynch. She’s at least been recently viewing for awhile now.

Also, I meant to say this in the last post but didn’t want to edit it in or double post: the main reason I haven’t posted support of Sart in thread was because I had way less time than I thought I was gonna have yesterday. The Christmas party went a lot later than I thought it would, and it took me a lot longer to get ready for it than I thought. Also, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to voice my support because it wasn’t so much support as thinking that I don’t think elim!Sart would’ve been so blatant about bandwagoning. 

Also, I don’t like the idea of not having a lynch, so if no one breaks the tie, I’ll remove my vote.

6 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

If you don’t want to move your vote, it looks like @_Stick_ could decide the lynch. She’s at least been recently viewing for awhile now.

Also, I meant to say this in the last post but didn’t want to edit it in or double post: the main reason I haven’t posted support of Sart in thread was because I had way less time than I thought I was gonna have yesterday. The Christmas party went a lot later than I thought it would, and it took me a lot longer to get ready for it than I thought. Also, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to voice my support because it wasn’t so much support as thinking that I don’t think elim!Sart would’ve been so blatant about bandwagoning. 

Also, I don’t like the idea of not having a lynch, so if no one breaks the tie, I’ll remove my vote.

I would pick coda over sart for the lynch

It seems the lynch is untied now?

edit: yes, it is. 3 ninjas.

Edited by _Stick_

Cycle 2

Absodel walked quietly through the dark streets of the city, small pockets of light shimmering out from side streets where the wealthy lived. He was going to meet his aunt to watch some movie about people who walked on skies. Sounded pretty normal considering all the epics these days. 

If his aunt had known about his internship he doubted she would’ve been taking him to see a movie about people with powers. He’d helped cut open more than a few already. He fiddled with his scalpel as he walked, flipping it in the air and opening a palm to catch it. It didn’t come back down. Looking up in confusion he saw a dark figure that appeared suddenly in front of him, cloaked head to toe.

“Who are you?” 

Absodel took a step back, reaching in his back pocket for a surgical tool he could use as a weapon.

“You shall kill no more.”

The dark figure moved quickly, halting any chance for Absodel to cry out. 

…

“Chief I think I found something.”

The officer stepped forward, handing the bag with the bloodied contents to his superior. 

“What is it?”

The chief flattened the bag to get a clearer look at the object inside, holding it up to the light of his flashlight.

“I believe it’s a scalpel, sir.”

"We should kill Sart for being so bloodthirsty!"

A voice from the group called out, soon joined by plenty of other voices.

"What did I do??"

Sart threw his hands up in unbelief. 

"That guy suggested we kill someone so I said sure cuz I didn't see anyone else actually carrying through with anything."

"Yeah he's right!"

Another voice chimed in.

"We should be focusing on people who aren't even here because they could be out plotting against us!"

Everyone nodded in agreement. Noticing Absodel's absence from the discussion they set out to find him.

"Hold it." 

One of the men shushed his companions, and pointed around the corner of the dark alley. They peeked around the corner to see police lining the street.

"Oy, that's Absodel's stupid scalpel, ain't it?"

The group shushed the man who'd spoken and quickly left the area not wanting to be caught in the city during their secret assignment from the doctor. It looked like someone had gotten to their target first.

Coda has been attacked and lynched! He was a Loyal with no items.

Vote Count: 

Spoiler

Sart (2) - DeTess, Butt Ad Venture

Coda (5) - Stick, Devotary, Striker, Sart, Twibanu

Kynedath (1) - A Joe in the Bush

Cycle 2 has begun! This cycle will last for 48 hours and end at 1 PM CST on Monday the 23rd. Good luck!

Player List:

Spoiler

1. StrikerEZ - the already suspicious

2. Kynedath - Remy Constantine 

3. DeTess - the unnamed deity

4. Stick - Stick!

5. Sart - the one who sends greetings

6. Butt Venture - Charley Rosen

7. Elandera - character pending

8. CadCom - character pending jr

9. Lemonelon - a happy lemon

10. Elkanah - Clark Narrow (kid from the streets)

11.  Coda - Absodel (student of medicine) - Loyal

12. Devotary of Spontaneity - Lieutenant Muave (experienced sniper)

13. Kidpen - mustached gma

14. Twibanu - unnamed seeker of secrets

15. A Joe in the Bush - Doc Olny (a mad scientist)

Black Market:

Spoiler

Item

Description

Cost

Number   Available

Gun

One time use, may kill any player you target unless they're protected by the vest.

10 points

Bulletproof Vest

One time use, protects against any attack excluding the lynch (passive ability but if activated by an attack it will cancel out your other action if you took one).

8 points

Smoke Bomb 

You cannot be observed with Binoculars. Using this doesn’t consume your action.

6 points

Knife

Wounds a player of your choice, blocking their action for that cycle (may be used once per round).

4 points

Strongbox

Cannot be stolen. You can store one item in the Strongbox. That item cannot be stolen while in the  Strongbox.

2 points

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

Just now, BrightnessRadiant said:

The first kill order would take precedence.

Interesting. Probably the best ruling, as quite a few of the other possibilities could have sunk the elim team on the results of C1 alone XD

Anyway, I'm going to get some sleep now, hopefully someone else will have figured out who submitted the kill by the time I'm awake again so I won't have to :P 

So here's my thoughts for  now. The original person who placed the kill order was likely not on late in the cycle, which unfortunately doesnt bode well for me. But there are definitely others who that won't bode well for either. 

It also looks like no one went for any strongboxes yet, because they're all still in play. That means that everyone has their heads set on something higher up the line. 

I expect to see some evidence of knives being taken, and also some evidence of smoke bombs, but I suspect most people will be trying to lay low until they can make a grab at the bulletproof vests, or at least collecting until that point yo determine how many others also appear to be collecting up to that point. 

Got to go, will make another post later.