Awesome game @BrightnessRadiant! I loved it!

Great job village! I was on the edge of my seat the whole game! An extra shout out to @DeTess @Twibanu and @Elandera I was terrified playing against all three of you and I think if we'd left any two of you alive longer together it wouldn't have been as close of a game!

I logged in and saw Elandera had mentioned me in a comment and was struck with horror until I remembered the game was already over! XD

I had such a great time playing this game! It was super fun and well done organizing and GMing it @BrightnessRadiant!

@StrikerEZ That's the best way to lie though! The lie is even more believable when it's hidden in truth. I knew you were an elim! I didn't want to be right, you were so nice! 

I also second the question of if we will get to see the spec doc, dead doc, elim doc, and master spreadsheet.

12 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

@Kynedath I wasn’t lying when I said I was trying to play the game with lying as little as possible. Obviously though, I had to make a couple lies here and there. :P

As Kynedath said, that's the best way to run. It becomes even better if you can make the lies things village!you would actually believe.

6 hours ago, Elkanah said:

Great job village! I was on the edge of my seat the whole game! An extra shout out to @DeTess @Twibanu and @Elandera I was terrified playing against all three of you and I think if we'd left any two of you alive longer together it wouldn't have been as close of a game!

Thanks! I was going to say that I didn't really do much of note this game, but I had apparently been pushing for the lynch of 2/3 of the elims while I was alive, so that wasn't all that bad XD 

Anyway, I'd also like to thank BR for running the game, and apologize for my own role in making this game more complicated than initially envisioned.

edit: oh, and if an elim could link the doc, I'd love to have a look at it!

Edited by DeTess

5 hours ago, DeTess said:

As Kynedath said, that's the best way to run. It becomes even better if you can make the lies things village!you would actually believe.

Yeah, that’s generally what I try to do when I play as an elim. It’s really hard to do that when you have to take actions that really don’t make sense from a villager standpoint though. :P

5 hours ago, DeTess said:

edit: oh, and if an elim could link the doc, I'd love to have a look at it!

@Elkanah already did it! But I’d just like to say that I definitely rambled a lot in that doc. :P

Anyway, thanks Elkanah and @Sart for being awesome elim teammates! We were so close to winning, but it’s fine that we lost. This game was really really fun to play.

So, I just got done reading the dead doc, and I like how much people were talking about me in there. :P

I really do think I played a pretty good elim in this game. Though I am curious what @Twibanu meant when you said that I was almost distancing too much? Also, what do you mean I work well in a team with almost anyone?

Hey, @BrightnessRadiant!

Thanks for a great game! I had a lot of fun. :D Thanks to the remainder of the village for rooting out the Elims. Plus props to the Eliminators for keeping me clueless and on my toes!

And...I don’t know if there was a dead doc because I never received one. Nevermind, just me.

Edited by Butt Ad Venture

1 hour ago, Sart said:

I feel really bad that I died from the inactivity filter. I thought I had a couple more hours in the cycle, but alas. Anyway, props to my teammates for making the game last as long as it did.

It’s not a big deal. Life happens sometimes. I would’ve reminded you earlier in the cycle if I’d even remembered that the inactivity filter was a thing. :P

@BrightnessRadiant thanks for the running the game, it was really fun! 

On 1/13/2020 at 2:16 AM, Elandera said:

@_Stick_, thank you for trusting me enough to send those binoculars back to me. I promptly put them in the strong box we talked about, so I wouldn't lose them again, barring death. Even if I wasn't able to scan the actual killer (I was knifed the turn I did try), it's what led me to suspect Elkanah again

Yeah going off our PM convo and general gut read, I figured it would be safest to just send em back to you. :D I would’ve been REALLY surprised if an elim had started off with supposedly the only pair of binoculars! :0 

And good game, elims! I feel kinda stupid for defending Sart so vehemently D1 xD I still think that vote looks very village...

Hey everyone, I know I'm late.... Sorry... As anyone who has talked to me about my personal life knows (or who has read my profile's status updates), I'm basically too busy to physically exist... so... Yeah fun times.

The village won? Awesome! Wait... was I village or elim this game...
Oh... This game. Cool. I'm remembering parts of this... I really thought the elims were going to win when I left.

I didn't see a link to the dead doc. My bad if one was already posted:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gjfXpidsIvNSWo9WSTlxMGTC3cVT2tBLoeRw5KtcJz0/edit?usp=sharing
(Also, I apparently changed the doc to share only? I didn't know I could do that as I don't own the doc? Lol)

On 1/12/2020 at 0:45 PM, BrightnessRadiant said:

This game ended up way more complex than I intended originally. I wish I could've given it the proper time. I'm very sorry everyone for all the delays and the huge pause at the end of the game. Life handed me some hard crap and then I got really busy irl. I hope you all still had fun. Thank you for bearing with me and being active. I want to finish all the story when I get the chance. I just couldn't go any longer without putting up the results for you. I've felt so horrible about it. Thank you so much for playing!

This was a great game and lots of fun. Life is life, and is always more important than games. I hope your doing better, and best wishes headed your way. If I can help with anything let me know.

On 1/12/2020 at 6:38 PM, Elkanah said:

I don't know. I would have pushed hard to kill Striker, but I was fairly neutral on you IIRC. You could definitely have convinced me to target someone else...
Once Sart died, most of the suspicion on you was shown to be purely coincidental so... I hate it when that happens as an elim.

On 1/13/2020 at 3:25 PM, Sart said:

I feel really bad that I died from the inactivity filter. I thought I had a couple more hours in the cycle, but alas. Anyway, props to my teammates for making the game last as long as it did.

It sucks, but it did throw a huge wrench in the game. xD Was definitely funny from my perspective. Still, life happens.

On 1/13/2020 at 8:49 AM, StrikerEZ said:

So, I just got done reading the dead doc, and I like how much people were talking about me in there. :P

I really do think I played a pretty good elim in this game. Though I am curious what @Twibanu meant when you said that I was almost distancing too much? Also, what do you mean I work well in a team with almost anyone?

Honestly it's been too long for me to remember exactly.  I think I was saying that your distancing was too "good" rather than too much? From my perspective in the dead doc, it looked like you were inadvertently setting Elkanah up to die. I don't remember if this was before the cycle he was outed or not though. Might have been just a faulty perspective thing. I don't have the time to dig through and analyse.

About the team thing, there are many ways to analyse a game of mafia. One, and I think the most common way, is to look at individual people and analyse if their motivations seem good or not. This is useful in the early-mid game when there isn't a ton of info.
Another way to analyse is to look at people's interactions, and determine if they could be on compatible teams. For instance, if I defend Devotary from a lynch, you could say we are compatible teammates. If I create and drive a push to get Devotary lynched, we are (for the purpose of this exercise) incompatible teammates. This style is IMO most useful mid game and very late game when you have a lot of info, and need to start organizing it.

Basically, for this game, I assumed a team of 3, one of which was Sart. So we can rule out people incompatible with Sart. Next we look for pairings of people compatible with each other, while still both being compatible with Sart. The only people You weren't compatible with were CadCom and myself, where most other people were compatible with only 1-3 other people.

Hopefully that makes sense?

• 3 months later...

It's well past time for this game to be closed up. Thanks to Brightness for running this - it's always great to see more Reckoners games! Congrats to the village for winning, and I hope to see you in the next game! :) 

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Fifth Scholar, Devotary of Spontaneity, or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, Araris Valerian, Stink, Elandera, or Sart) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: