Cycle 7

writeup to come when irl medical stuff allows...

Lemonelon was attacked and killed! They were a Loyal with a knife item.

Elkanah was lynched! They were a Traitor with no items.

Lynch Results:

Spoiler

Elkanah (5) Elandera, Lemon, Striker, Kidpen, Kynedath,

Lemon (1) Elkanah

Cycle has (finally) begun! It will end at 2:30 PM CST on January the 6th.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. StrikerEZ - the already suspicious

2. Kynedath - Remy Constantine 

3. DeTess - the unnamed deity Loyal

4. Stick - Stick! Loyal

5. Sart - the one who sends greetings Traitor

6. Butt Venture - Charley Rosen Loyal

7. Elandera - character pending

8. CadCom - character pending jr Loyal

9. Lemonelon - a happy lemon Loyal

10. Elkanah - Clark Narrow (kid from the streets) Traitor

11.  Coda - Absodel (student of medicine) - Loyal

12. Devotary of Spontaneity - Lieutenant Muave (experienced sniper) Loyal

13. Kidpen - mustached gma

14. Twibanu - unnamed seeker of secrets Loyal

15. A Joe in the Bush - Doc Olny (a mad scientist) Loyal

Black Market:

Spoiler

Item

Description

Cost

Number   Available

Gun

One time use, may kill any player you target unless they're protected by the vest.

10 points

Bulletproof Vest

One time use, protects against any attack excluding the lynch (passive ability but if activated by an attack it will cancel out your other action if you took one).

8 points

Smoke Bomb 

You cannot be observed with Binoculars. Using this doesn’t consume your action.

6 points

Knife

Wounds a player of your choice, blocking their action for that cycle (may be used once per round).

4 points

Strongbox

Cannot be stolen. You can store one item in the Strongbox. That item cannot be stolen while in the  Strongbox.

2 points

Do you guys finally trust now that I was being framed? I've been trying to get Elkanah lynched for half of the game. 

I was hoping to have more answers about another elim, but I was roleblocked. >.> At this point, I don't think it'll change much to reveal. I have the binoculars. I haven't been able to catch anyone killing, though the binoculars are what made me most suspicious of Elkanah. 

At this point, I'm split between Striker and Kynedath for suspicions, but we can't afford a mislynch. I want to look back at Elkanah a bit more before I vote.

I successfully blocked Striker, but the kill still went through.

Unfortunately the clarification I asked for confirms that Elkanah still could've sent in the kill (I didn't get the clarification until I couldn't change the action).

I'll be back later. Let's also note that a gun was bought (a few cycles ago I think) but as far as I can see, has not been used yet.

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

I was hoping to have more answers about another elim, but I was roleblocked. >.> At this point, I don't think it'll change much to reveal. I have the binoculars. I haven't been able to catch anyone killing, though the binoculars are what made me most suspicious of Elkanah. 

I definitely didn't roleblock you. I was too busy using the gun to try and kill Lemon, who I was almost certain was an elim. They were just inactive enough to not really draw too much attention, but also just active enough to influence the lynch a couple times I think. Guess I was wrong, considering she was a villager. 

@Kynedath Did you roleblock Elandera? If you didn't, then I guess we have to assume that Lemon did.

Anyway, I'm pretty certain Elandera isn't an elim, mostly from our PMs, and the fact that they were pursuing an Elkanah lynch long before it became in vogue to do so.

So I'm stuck between Kynedath and Kidpen. I'd like the last elim to be Kidpen because I still wanna think that the elims were hiding in the shadows, letting us squabble amongst ourselves and I trust Kynedath based on our PM interactions in the first couple cycles. At the same time, Kynedath easily could've just been pocketing me, which isn't really that hard to do honestly (I trust people way too much :P). So I guess I should reread the thread at some point and try and make a decision while I'm reading. 

Well, we'll already over halfway through the cycle and there's only been 6 posts, the last one being about 20 hours ago. Even though I want to believe the elims were letting us tear ourselves apart while they were hiding in the shadows, nothing Kidpen's said has really screamed super elim-y to me. So I think I'll have to vote for Kynedath. Elandera has seemed more honest in our PMs, and I'm getting paranoid that all of my early PMs with Kynedath in the beginning of the game were just a way for him to pocket me. 

Another thing that I really should've noted in advance is that Lemon told only Elandera about knifing Elkanah in advance, and if she's an elim she could've just submitted the kill instead of Elkanah. I'd say honestly she's practically cleared, so it just comes down to Kynedath and Striker (and me I guess).

I'll submit a vote and a full analysis in the next 8 hours, but I've got stuff happening right now so not at this exact moment.

Edit: Ack, I'm sorry, I was tired last night and had school the next day so I went to bed. I will put up something real soon.

Edited by Kidpen

I'm sorry folks, I've been dealing with personal issues lately and haven't been able to put as much time into this as I want. I'll do my best to keep active until the end of the game. I know, second cycle in a row, but things irl haven't been great. I'm so sorry about staying away though, I feel bad.

I'm going to vote on Striker, I've thought their behavior felt off since a long while ago. I like them as a person from our PMs but I don't think I can ignore how suspicious they acted anymore.

I trust Elandera from their long-term campaign against Elkanah, and also from the feel of their posts.

Kidpen I also trust more than Striker from gut read. I think the way they have been acting the past couple of cycles is very village.

I admit, most of this is gut read, but it's gut read that I have been developing over the whole game if that helps. I also feel like I've stated some strong evidence in favor of Striker in the past. if you guys want I can go and find them somewhere in the other cycles and bring them here.

32 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

I'm sorry folks, I've been dealing with personal issues lately and haven't been able to put as much time into this as I want. I'll do my best to keep active until the end of the game. I know, second cycle in a row, but things irl haven't been great. I'm so sorry about staying away though, I feel bad.

Hey, don’t feel bad. You should always take of yourself first before worrying about the game. I’m just glad you’re still here.

33 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

I'm going to vote on Striker, I've thought their behavior felt off since a long while ago. I like them as a person from our PMs but I don't think I can ignore how suspicious they acted anymore.

I trust Elandera from their long-term campaign against Elkanah, and also from the feel of their posts.

Kidpen I also trust more than Striker from gut read. I think the way they have been acting the past couple of cycles is very village.

I admit, most of this is gut read, but it's gut read that I have been developing over the whole game if that helps. I also feel like I've stated some strong evidence in favor of Striker in the past. if you guys want I can go and find them somewhere in the other cycles and bring them here.

Can you at least repeat why you’re suspicious of me? I wanna know why you’re suspicious of me if I’m gonna be lynched :P (unless @Elandera gets on and votes for you, tying things up). 

@BrightnessRadiant quick clarification, the exact wording in the original post seems to imply that even if there are an equal number of traitors and loyals, the traitors still won't win until they outnumber the loyals. Is this accurate, or will they still win even if the numbers are equal (say 1 loyal and one elim)?

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

Can you at least repeat why you’re suspicious of me? I wanna know why you’re suspicious of me if I’m gonna be lynched :P (unless @Elandera gets on and votes for you, tying things up). 

That's fair, I can do that.

Knowing that Sart is a traitor, your defense of him cycle one was very suspicious. Since lynches on day one are swingy, an eliminator might feel safer trying to defend a teammate.

Also, in our PMs you were super nice to me (might be pocketing, might be just a pleasant person) which makes me suspicious of why you stole my bullet-proof vest (or attempted to at least). That item would be super useful for the elims to get because it makes it a lot easier to predict who you're able to kill and makes another villager easier to kill as well. 

And in addition to that I just kinda get an elimy vibe from you the last cycle or so. I can almost read your posts as if you were an elim struggling to recover from the loss of your teammates. 

49 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

That's fair, I can do that.

Knowing that Sart is a traitor, your defense of him cycle one was very suspicious. Since lynches on day one are swingy, an eliminator might feel safer trying to defend a teammate.

I mean, I still stand by what I said. I didn’t think elim!Sart would’ve voted like he had. It didn’t really make sense to me.

50 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

Also, in our PMs you were super nice to me (might be pocketing, might be just a pleasant person) which makes me suspicious of why you stole my bullet-proof vest (or attempted to at least). That item would be super useful for the elims to get because it makes it a lot easier to predict who you're able to kill and makes another villager easier to kill as well. 

I like to think I genuinely am a nice person. I’m glad to know you agreed. :P

As for stealing from you, like I said, I was worried about getting killed at some point. I was paranoid about not getting lynched early and figured the elims were just gonna let me survive until I eventually got lynched or they decided to kill me. I guess I could’ve waited to buy one eventually, but I figured the kill would come sooner rather than later.

52 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

And in addition to that I just kinda get an elimy vibe from you the last cycle or so. I can almost read your posts as if you were an elim struggling to recover from the loss of your teammates. 

I mean, you can read it like that if you want. :P Don’t think there’s much I can say that will change your mind on that. 

Anyway, I’m pretty sure at this point if we lynch me, one of you guys will win. I’m not sure who it is at this point, but good job to whoever it is. If the elims don’t win at parity, then there will be one more cycle where it’s a standoff between two players. Good luck to whoever survives!

StrikerEZ was lynched! They were a Traitor with a vest item.

Kidpen has been attacked and killed! They were a Loyal with a knife item.

Village wins! You have caught all of the traitors!

Player List: 

Spoiler

1. StrikerEZ - the already suspicious Traitor

2. Kynedath - Remy Constantine 

3. DeTess - the unnamed deity Loyal

4. Stick - Stick! Loyal

5. Sart - the one who sends greetings Traitor

6. Butt Venture - Charley Rosen Loyal

7. Elandera - character pending

8. CadCom - character pending jr Loyal

9. Lemonelon - a happy lemon Loyal

10. Elkanah - Clark Narrow (kid from the streets) Traitor

11.  Coda - Absodel (student of medicine) - Loyal

12. Devotary of Spontaneity - Lieutenant Muave (experienced sniper) Loyal

13. Kidpen - mustached gma Loyal

14. Twibanu - unnamed seeker of secrets Loyal

15. A Joe in the Bush - Doc Olny (a mad scientist) Loyal

This game ended up way more complex than I intended originally. I wish I could've given it the proper time. I'm very sorry everyone for all the delays and the huge pause at the end of the game. Life handed me some hard crap and then I got really busy irl. I hope you all still had fun. Thank you for bearing with me and being active. I want to finish all the story when I get the chance. I just couldn't go any longer without putting up the results for you. I've felt so horrible about it. Thank you so much for playing!

Rip, I was so close to winning. :P

@BrightnessRadiant Thank you so much for running this game! I completely understand how busy you got and how that impacted your ability to be able to run this game. Don’t let it eat you up too much or anything.

@Kynedath I wasn’t lying when I said I was trying to play the game with lying as little as possible. Obviously though, I had to make a couple lies here and there. :P

Great game, everyone! @Kidpen, thanks for finally forcing us to lynch Striker.

Elims, you did a great job! I for sure thought we were going to lose. @StrikerEZ, the biggest reason I struggled to lynch you is that I was never attacked with the binoculars. I thought for certain you'd attempt that, as you were the only one I'd told about them until I announced it in the thread. @Elkanah, you did a great job appearing village. I think the only reason I continued to pursue your lynch was the attempt to steal from CadCom.

@_Stick_, thank you for trusting me enough to send those binoculars back to me. I promptly put them in the strong box we talked about, so I wouldn't lose them again, barring death. Even if I wasn't able to scan the actual killer (I was knifed the turn I did try), it's what led me to suspect Elkanah again.

Thank you, BR for the game! As I said before, it's perfectly fine if you had to take some time. Life happens, we understand. :) Taking care of yourself is way more important than minding an online game. :P This was a fun game! I love the mechanics of it. Thanks!

@Elandera If I remember correctly, part of the reason why I didn’t want to kill you was because I thought it’d be better to keep you around to help get lynches on other players going. Alas, it was not meant to be. :P

@BrightnessRadiant Are you gonna post the links to the spec/dead and elim docs?

Thank you everyone for such a great game!! I really loved the stealing! I didn't have much time for RP so didn't really use the shop. I envisioned the items moving around as if it were a Whack-a-mole game. I was conscious about what time I would send in the steal order to maximise my chances of getting something. Did anyone else have this strategy?

1 hour ago, Lemonelon said:

Thank you everyone for such a great game!! I really loved the stealing! I didn't have much time for RP so didn't really use the shop. I envisioned the items moving around as if it were a Whack-a-mole game. I was conscious about what time I would send in the steal order to maximise my chances of getting something. Did anyone else have this strategy?

I love the Whack-a-mole idea! Though, since this was Reckoners, we could probably come up with a Reckoners version. Like Whack-a-Meg(an) or Whack-a-Epic.

I realized that was a good strategy to have, but didn’t really use it since I was never quite sure what action I wanted to take until near the end of the cycle.

Oh gosh, that was incredibly close.

Thanks BR for the game! We all totally understand that you got busy, it's perfectly understandable. 

That was a hard game. I was not at all confident in the Striker lynch, and honestly that could've gone completely wrong. 

Plus one to wanting to see the spec and elim docs at your earliest convenience, @BrightnessRadiant! No rush though!