Anything you would want to see in a Stormlight Movie?

SirWolfe

There are a lot of issues with adapting the Stormlight Archive books into film, but I feel like there are a couple of scenes in the books that would work really well in a movie. Especially with music. 

My idea is for Oathbringer:

Spoiler

Chapter 117 and up: Kaladin & Co. are fighting off the Fused in front of the Oathgate in Shadesmar, barely holding on. Then, at the worst possible time, Kaladin runs out of Stormlight. As he tries to swear the Fourth Ideal, his theme begins to play, slowly building up in volume and intensity. This is his moment, a chance for him to save the people he cares about. Then, with the music swelling to a roar, he opens his mouth and begins to speak. Windspren begin to gather around, and he begins to glow slightly. Suddenly, the background music/Kaladin's Theme cuts off right before it would have reached the climax, and we see that he cannot say the Words. Kaladin begins to weep. There is no more background music, only the sounds of the Fused getting closer and closer, and the beads of Shadesmar clinking softly. Suddenly, faintly and softly, almost as if far in the distance, we hear music start again, and the sky begins to glow a faint golden color. However, this is not Kaladin's theme, but Dalinar's. The music quickly crescendoes into a roaring mix of glory, heroic tones, tinged with slight sadness, and with it comes a howling burst of golden light, a pillar of whirling energy, Honor's Perpendicularity.

What do you think?

Is there any scene that you think should be in a Stormlight adaptation and do you have any ideas on what it would be like?

I have a hard time imagining the Stormlight Archives as a movie. I usually end up imagining an opening theme whenever I try to imagine its screen adaptation.

Basically the Ten Heralds carrying a representation of Roshar shaped like the Shattered Plains but stacked on top of one another. On one stack, there's large idols of the Heralds being worshiped while the actual Heralds are screaming themselves hoarse. Then the nine Heralds break completely and climb over onto the representation and Taln alone carries the whole world. At the top of the world thing there's Kaladin and Bridge Four carrying a bridge with Dalinar and his men in full regalia on Ryshadium, Dalinar looking up at the Highstorm. Kaladin struggles with the weight above and Taln does the same below.

Edited by Honorless

I just got done watching the newest King Arthur movie and while I know it didn’t do well at the box office I just love the directors (Guy Ritchie’s) style! I think it would be so much fun for him to direct the Stormlight movies! How he integrates flashbacks and potential future scenarios into the present with unique film scores is absolutely marvelous. His actions scenes with Excalibur would also translate well to potential Stormlight powers too.

22 hours ago, Ammanas said:

I just got done watching the newest King Arthur movie and while I know it didn’t do well at the box office I just love the directors (Guy Ritchie’s) style! I think it would be so much fun for him to direct the Stormlight movies! How he integrates flashbacks and potential future scenarios into the present with unique film scores is absolutely marvelous. His actions scenes with Excalibur would also translate well to potential Stormlight powers too.

I felt that movie was fun, but I dont know how well Ritchie would pull off the complexity of the story in this case. I do think that it would be interesting to see him or Matthew Vaughn do Mistborn though.

On 12/6/2019 at 9:31 PM, Honorless said:

I have a hard time imagining the Stormlight Archives as a movie. I usually end up imagining an opening theme whenever I try to imagine its screen adaptation.

Basically the Ten Heralds carrying a representation of Roshar shaped like the Shattered Plains but stacked on top of one another. On one stack, there's large idols of the Heralds being worshiped while the actual Heralds are screaming themselves hoarse. Then the nine Heralds break completely and climb over onto the representation and Taln alone carries the whole world. At the top of the world thing there's Kaladin and Bridge Four carrying a bridge with Dalinar and his men in full regalia on Ryshadium, Dalinar looking up at the Highstorm. Kaladin struggles with the weight above and Taln does the same below.

Idk why but this makes me think of THUNDERCATS.

On 12/9/2019 at 11:56 AM, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

I think it should be a tv show, not a movie. If it was a movie, they would have to cut out A LOT. We don't want that.

I sure hope it's a TV show. If they do movies, I won't accept it unless they split each book into three movies each. Then we could have a 30 movie series. So, basically, I want a TV show.

I think if they do a movie, the first thing they could cut out would be the interludes. What else would they do with them? Have them be end-credit scenes, maybe, or compile them all together and make move 31: The Forgotten Interludes. We need to get Axies and Rysn on screen guys.

And for what I would want in it... um, I can't really think of anything except a Brandon Sanderson cameo! He could cameo in every movie or episode and canonize himself as a worldhopper.

Plus, think of the memes! With an actual movie adaptation, the fanbase would likely increase (gaining a number of fans who will probably never end up reading the books :() and therefore the memes.

I think way too much happens in SA to make a viable movie.  A TV show maybe.

On 12/13/2019 at 4:45 PM, Knight of Iron said:

And for what I would want in it... um, I can't really think of anything except a Brandon Sanderson cameo! He could cameo in every movie or episode and canonize himself as a worldhopper.

I want this(although maybe not every episode).

I would also want an online competition for each Shallan drawing.

• Chaos locked this topic