Forms of Power and Voidbinding

SanderFan69

Going off of the theory that voidbinders have access to one surgebinding surge and one voidbinding surge, Renarin seems to have the voidsurge of fortune. It seems like is is the same power given by one of the forms of power, nightform. Based off of this, I was thinking that each voidsurge granted to voidbinders will also be possible to attain through a form of power. I do not believe that there will be a 1:1 ratio of voidsurges to forms of power since envoyform appears to have powers similar to bondsmith's resonance and as such would not provide much of a change between a surgebinder and voidbinder. I also do not think stormform will be one of the voidsurges, although a combination of gravitation and stormform would be pretty awesome. The forms of power (that we know of so far) that I think have a good chance of having a corresponding voidsurge are smokeform and decayform. I'm not really sure what they would do though.

I agree that Nightform is probably more or less the same thing that Renarin gets, so I wouldnt be surprised if there were Forms of Power for most if not all of them.  It might fall out differently, just because it would be odd for the hierarchy if Regals got the real voidbinding but not the Fused.  

On the topic of Envoyform, that's not a Bondsmith Resonance, just the Spiritual application of the Adhesion Surge.  There's debate on whether it's purely a Bondsmith form of the Surge or if Windrunners can learn it too.  

8 minutes ago, SanderFan69 said:

Going off of the theory that voidbinders have access to one surgebinding surge and one voidbinding surge, Renarin seems to have the voidsurge of fortune. It seems like is is the same power given by one of the forms of power, nightform. Based off of this, I was thinking that each voidsurge granted to voidbinders will also be possible to attain through a form of power. I do not believe that there will be a 1:1 ratio of voidsurges to forms of power since envoyform appears to have powers similar to bondsmith's resonance and as such would not provide much of a change between a surgebinder and voidbinder. I also do not think stormform will be one of the voidsurges, although a combination of gravitation and stormform would be pretty awesome. The forms of power (that we know of so far) that I think have a good chance of having a corresponding voidsurge are smokeform and decayform. I'm not really sure what they would do though.

1. The (in)famous chart suggests that voudbinders have two 'voids'
  2. Renarin is bound to a corrupted spren, so it looks like he got corrupted power
  3. While you might compare him to Nightform to could equally well compare him to Moelach
  4. Forms of Power have glowing eyes. Why would that be if they were voidbinders bonded to voidspren?

Stormform gives powers somewhat reminiscent of adhesion in some ways.  However I think all forms power or otherwise are actually closer to fabrials which is why I can't wait for Navani and Venli to compare notes.

1. What Renarin and Nightform have seems to be the Voidsurge (Voidbinding?) of Illumination

2. All the Forms of Power we have actually seen so far, as well as the powers of the Fused, seem like a slight variation on regular Surges. Both Voidspren and the Fused come from Braize, so I think it's just Braize's version of Surgebinding

3. Renarin's power comes (indirectly) from an Unmade. I wouldn't be surprised if the Unmade could provide Forms of Power more powerful than what lesser Voidspren offer. Nightform and probably Decayform would fall under this category

4. Voidbinding chart might describe a situation when Odium actually Invests on Roshar (Night of Sorrows?), hence the ten levels of Voidbinding. This would be even more powerful than what Renarin or Nightform currently have

Edited by KandraAllomancer

• Chaos locked this topic