The Sovereign isn't kelsier.

Friendshipspren

So the popular theory is that kelsier is the sovery right.  I personally doubt it.  I mean the entire theory hinges on the forearm scars and one single word. 

Hardly unique or irreplicable .

For one , it might have taken quite some while for kelsier to Staple himself to a body , during which time the southern Scadrians would have frozen to death.

Also , it doesn't really seem like kelsiers way to keep things so vague that he could be mistaken to be Tlr. I can't think of anything else kelsier would hate to be mistaken as.

Also kelsier isn't the type to boast falsefully that he ruled in the north .

And creating and leaving the BoM seems just.... crazy.

Kelsier no matter how many times he declared himself as crazy was never actually that crazy .

I think it was a half crazy mistborn who was obsessed with survivorism or with kelsier to the extent that he scarred his hands to resemble kelsier and like Zane I think he learned hemalurgy by himself maybe with Ruin's aid , except later he realized ruin was playing him and/or had a nervous breakdown or something and  dropped out. I don't know how he survived the Inquisitors. Maybe they had thier hands full by then , with vin and the atium. Maybe they already had all the spikes they needed and thought ( with retrospective correctness ) that he wasn't a threat. Later after the catachendre , kelsiers ghost found him , gave him the knowledge of the shards existance and history and  tasked him with rescuing the southern Scadrians. Hell kelsier might have led him to scavenge lots of feruchemical spikes from the dead inquisitors. 

Harmony too was ok with this. Not completely but to rescue the southern Scadrians, I guess he played along.

Of course I might be completely wrong and oblivious of thr obvious but can we be 100% sure it is Kelsier.?

Do we have a solid WoB with no hedging ?

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

Questioner

At the end of the last Wax and Wayne book, which I love, that statue that they though was the Lord Ruler. It was Kelsier.

Brandon Sanderson

That was Kelsier.

Questioner

Ok. I thought so, because the way the other thing ended with the eye, the eye thing was throwing me off and then I went and grabbed the secret thing and I was like "No that can't..."

Brandon Sanderson

That is Kelsier.

Questioner

And will we find out more in the next Wax and Wayne book or do we need to wait and find out more later?

Brandon Sanderson

You will find out more in the Wax and Wayne book, really that that's going on there is foreshadowing for era 3, and for future Secret History stories if I do them. So the Wax and Wayne books are not about the return of Kelsier, but the return of Kelsier is very important for later things in the series.

Arcanum Unbounded Seattle signing (Dec. 1, 2016)

Sorry to burst the theory, but we're pretty certain that Kelsier is the Sovereign.

We also have these:

Questioner

In Bands of Mourning, we learned that the Sovereign, who they confused as being the Lord Ruler, came after the Catacendre. [He] was their god, was their king and god. And then Kelsier looking for a string. Is the spike somehow connecting Kelsier's soul to Spook's body.

Brandon Sanderson

No, good question. It is connecting his soul with his body, his current body, but it is not Spook's body. That's a great theory.

Arcanum Unbounded release party (Nov. 22, 2016)

rxience (paraphrased)

Would a single spike be sufficient to staple a Cognitive Shadow to a mistwraith?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Yes, that could happen.

rxience (paraphrased)

Did that happen in the past?

That's a RAFO, I'm afraid. Who are you thinking about?

rxience (paraphrased)

Kelsier of course!

Well, he is somehow in the Physical Realm. And he does look like himself, doesn't he?

Berlin signing (May 14, 2019)

Hmm ok I guess. Well my friend did warn me not to go looking at conspiracies in everything. 

But still idk maybe I just don't want to admit I was wrong but maybe the statue was modeled after kelsier but it wasn't really kelsier. Yes yes I realize I'm grasping at imaginary straws.

The fact that the statue has a eye spike I proof enough that it is most modelled after the Sovereign and Brandon confirms the statue is of kelsier. Well kek.

22 minutes ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Hmm ok I guess. Well my friend did warn me not to go looking at conspiracies in everything. 

But still idk maybe I just don't want to admit I was wrong but maybe the statue was modeled after kelsier but it wasn't really kelsier. Yes yes I realize I'm grasping at imaginary straws.

The fact that the statue has a eye spike I proof enough that it is most modelled after the Sovereign and Brandon confirms the statue is of kelsier. Well kek.

Told you so

Sorry... couldn't resist

1 hour ago, Ookla the Chicken said:

He is saying that the words of us mere mortals cannot compare to those of the Great Brando Sando.

Thus we mere mortals should not actually discuss the Words of Brandon, but simply parrot them at each other and mediate on their possible meanings?

Should be noted that I figured it out when Allik explained that the Sovereign telling them NOT to look for the Bands meant he was challenging them to look for them. Which is EXACTLY the kind of thing Kell would do. (I threw down my kindle and started cheering about Kell being alive.)

I suspect he was trying to get North and South to meet. I also think he’s responsible for the rumors of the Bands in the North.

I do not think he was trying to hide who he was; he had no issue with showing his scars (a pretty clear giveaway.) Wax and crew just made an assumption, and a confused Allik just went along. (He’d obviously never heard the name Rashek before.) I do think the SoScads called Kell by a different name; his name is very hard to pronounce if you are not used to it. 

I also think his role with the SoScads was more of a political role than a religious role, as opposed to in the North. I got very strong King Arthur vibes from what little we are told.