Here for writing group!

Sarah B

Hello!

I'm Sarah B 

I started listening to writing excuses two months ago and 9 seasons and 1 NaNoWriMo later I would love to get some peer feedback.

I have been a hobbyist writer for years but have leaned on friends and family as alpha and beta readers in the past. I think getting feedback from fellow writers who don't know my ideas and old stories is a great oppertunity.

I read and write scifi primarily, short and long fiction.

In terms of expertise, I am a registered nurse and am happy to help out with plausibility and terminology checking for medical/first aid scenes. I'm also happy to help brainstorm in Biology, psychology and nerdism in general.

Sarah B

Thank you both! From reading the guidelines I think it's prefered that I take a back seat for a week or two before submitting anything, but after that I hope to start submitting short fiction for critique. Hopefully I'll be able to put up the story I've been working on, "Deep Woods" sometime in the near future.

I look forward to reading your works and critiques!

@Honorless

@TheTraveler

1 hour ago, Sarah B said:

I look forward to reading your works and critiques!

Looking forward to it. Just tag my name at the end when you submit something. 

34 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

just a sneak peak, what is the genre?

Me too. Curious about the genre!

@GoWibble 

@TheTraveler

The genre of this story is scifi with an oldschool creature feature/suspense slant.

I love the scifi classics like The Island of Doctor Morou, Doctor Jeckle and Mr. Hyde, Frankenstein, the Invisible Man and The Time Machine that were considered Horror in their time but seem a lot closer to psychological thrillers and suspense now.

I'm nowhere near that skill level, but those are some of my influences. Something to aim for right? 

I'm new to the Reading Excuses system but I thought the story submissions are emailed to participants. Should I tag your name on the critique thread @TheTraveler?

21 hours ago, Sarah B said:

@GoWibble 

@TheTraveler

The genre of this story is scifi with an oldschool creature feature/suspense slant.

I love the scifi classics like The Island of Doctor Morou, Doctor Jeckle and Mr. Hyde, Frankenstein, the Invisible Man and The Time Machine that were considered Horror in their time but seem a lot closer to psychological thrillers and suspense now.

I'm nowhere near that skill level, but those are some of my influences. Something to aim for right? 

I'm new to the Reading Excuses system but I thought the story submissions are emailed to participants. Should I tag your name on the critique thread @TheTraveler?

Sounds like it will be interesting. I will love to read some as well.