The Mandalorian

Philomath

18 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I really hope the coming episodes of season 2 develop the plot around the Child and establishes a main cast, rather than "hey, lets have these random adventures on different places for one episode". Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the season premiere, but it wound up feeling a lot like filler. Sure, the Fett armor and Bobas cameo will surely be very important down the line, and hopefullt Cobb Vanth will as well (I really enjoyed him, and Timothy Olyphant was great). But the sand people and the Krayt Dragon really just felt like a one-off thing. 

Also, those Tuskens who had to draw out the Krayt dragon from its cave defenitely has one of the worst jobs in Star Wars. Poor guys. 

I actually agree with this a bit. I have thoroughly enjoyed the show, but I do look forward to a bit more connection between each episode. 

Thoughts on Chapter 10

Spoiler

Well, that was certainly a ride! I quite enjoyed the horror aspects of the episode, and while it was fun, I found it lacking.

To me, the show hasn’t quite found its identity. Part of the show has teased a greater overarching plot, while the others have been more serialized. Perhaps I wouldn’t struggle with this as much if the episodes were released all at once instead of weekly—which I know won’t happen—but while we only get 30-60 minutes each week, I would really like if we got a little more progression with each chapter.

I loved it a lot.  This is very much a filoni style show, even if it’s Jon whose doing most of the writing.  It reminds me a lot of Clone Wars and Rebels.  An overarching story, but plenty of episodes that don’t deal with that directly.  The thing is, those episodes all have greater meaning for the characters.

for example, this episode is moving forward the main arc by pushing din towards the other Mandos.  More importantly, it’s really developing the child and din’s relationship.  He’s quickly taking on the father role, leading to the inevitable “I can’t leave him” conclusion we’ll come to when din has to choose between leaving the child or not.  Din is learning to be more sympathetic.  Both he and the child are learning morality lessons.  They also addressed dins relationship to the new republic, and the almost destruction of the razor crest will certainly play into the next few episodes.

I shall now use the same standards to judge the remaining season as I used for judging the final season of The Clone Wars. 

By those standards, this episode sucks :P

Spoiler

The standard is "does this episode have Ahsoka Tano?" If the answer is "no", the episode automatically sucks ;)

Edited by Ooklara

9 hours ago, Lunamor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I loved it when the frog lady went full frog. Also, Baby Yoda is a mass murderer.

Oh shoot, I read this before I watched the new episode. Why did I read this before I watched the episode. I need to stop impulsively clicking on spoiler boxes. 

1 minute ago, Schneeente said:

This show reminds me so much of Firefly.. I like it a lot, imho the Mandalorian is way better than the last three actual SW-movies, and it hurts to say that. 

Yes, it definitely is really similar to Firefly! The “bounty hunter in space” theme is really similar to “cowboys in space”, and Baby Yoda is basically just River.

So this latest episode of Mandalorian gave me the same vibes that I did when watching the Clone Wars Season 2 Episode "Brain Invaders" when I was like 8 or 9. Those vibes are: "I'm terrified right now. What the heck is that. Ah that's gross. I think I just developed a new fear" 

Episode 2.2 was fun. 

Spoiler

So many mothers all just trying to take care of their kids. Speaking of kids... Do you think Mando will ever give Baby Yoda it’s own name? I really hope they made it on time for Frog Mama and her eggs. 

17 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

My thoughts on the new episode:

Reveal hidden contents

I do not like spiders.  I never have.  My dad says I will not like Alien because of this, and now I know what I'll never watch.

Other than that, there wasn't much for me to comment on.

I thought about people like this while watching. There was a warning for flashing light sequences at the beginning, but not for common phobias...

57 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Ehh I thought episode 2.2 was pretty lame. Nothing I could directly put my finger on, but overall, I feel like it was a pretty much pointless episode.

So I think it will lead into something important. It also added some spice. Baby yoda not caring if they eat babies because Y U M. Also it lets you know what the rebellion did post-empire, which I thought was useful. 
I think we will need to watch the next episode to make an opinion on this one.

wait hold on should i spoiler tag this or is this thread now the

S P O I L E R Z O N E

Edited by Koloss17

3 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Ehh I thought episode 2.2 was pretty lame. Nothing I could directly put my finger on, but overall, I feel like it was a pretty much pointless episode.

I wasn't impressed either, but I do feel like we'll see the direct fallout of this episode in the next one. And I think that's a relatively new trend for this season. Last season we had breaks of time between each episode. Maybe it was a day, maybe a few weeks or months. But time passed. This time around, one episode leads into the next after a couple of days at most. And I like that change.

20 hours ago, Lunamor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I loved it when the frog lady went full frog. Also, Baby Yoda is a mass murderer.

Okay I actually watched It this time. And hey, 

Spoiler

He’s a growing boy, can you blame him! Also for a frog, she was remarkably bad at hoping.