The Mandalorian

Philomath

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good.  I spent around half the episode making Dune and Stormlight references.  Does anyone know who played the Marshal?  He looks familiar.

Spoiler

My husband and I teased that the dragon had a gem heart. 

47 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Timothy Olyphant. He also played... I dunno. Nothing that I've seen.

He had a cameo in The Good Place which I just binged and is the only time I have seen/heard of him. 

1 minute ago, Philomath said:
  Hide contents

My husband and I teased that the dragon had a gem heart. 

He had a cameo in The Good Place which I just binged and is the only time I have seen/heard of him. 

Spoiler

I was muttering about chasmfiends and gemhearts, and my dad joined me in making random Dune references.  The best one was 'if you run in a detectable pattern, the worm will get you', when the Tuskens tried to feed the bantha to the dragon and the Tusken got eaten instead.

Ok so it hasn’t been mentioned here yet, but spoilers for S2 EP1.

Spoiler

The marshal seemed to be wearing Boba Fett’s armor. Green helmet with red around the visor. Very distinctive style of missile jetpack. 

and if you want to take it further, that guy at the end might be Boba Fett himself. The actor played Jango Fett, and since there were rumors of him being in the movie+there was some hints that Boba fett was the other bounty hunter in the gunslinger, given that the voice was pretty similar, I think it is safe to say that that is Boba right there.

1 minute ago, Koloss17 said:

Ok so it hasn’t been mentioned here yet, but spoilers for S2 EP1.

Hide contents

The marshal seemed to be wearing Boba Fett’s armor. Green helmet with red around the visor. Very distinctive style of missile jetpack. 

and if you want to take it further, that guy at the end might be Boba Fett himself. The actor played Jango Fett, and since there were rumors of him being in the movie+there was some hints that Boba fett was the other bounty hunter in the gunslinger, given that the voice was pretty similar, I think it is safe to say that that is Boba right there.

Spoiler

It's defintely Boba's armor the Marshal is wearing.

That's the first I've heard of it being Jango's actor.  Considering that Boba is technically a clone of Jango, then the man at the end likely is Boba.  I would question the age though.  If I'm right, Boba should be around 35, 40 at most.  (12-13 when the Empire was formed, 'died' at the sarlaac pit 23-24 years later.)  I didn't get a very good look at the man at the end of the episode, but I think he looked a little older than that.

32 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Hide contents

It's defintely Boba's armor the Marshal is wearing.

That's the first I've heard of it being Jango's actor.  Considering that Boba is technically a clone of Jango, then the man at the end likely is Boba.  I would question the age though.  If I'm right, Boba should be around 35, 40 at most.  (12-13 when the Empire was formed, 'died' at the sarlaac pit 23-24 years later.)  I didn't get a very good look at the man at the end of the episode, but I think he looked a little older than that.

Spoiler

You know, being trapped inside Sarlacc canot be good for someones look. Plus also harsh conditions of desert. Of course, Temuera Morrison is 59, but is clear that Jon Fawreau wants him to look old.He also isnt old enough for any other possible clone (they age rapidly), so this have to be Boba Fett.

8 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:
  Hide contents

You know, being trapped inside Sarlacc canot be good for someones look. Plus also harsh conditions of desert. Of course, Temuera Morrison is 59, but is clear that Jon Fawreau wants him to look old.He also isnt old enough for any other possible clone (they age rapidly), so this have to be Boba Fett.

Spoiler

Good point.  It's probably Boba, I just like to explore every possibility.  It would be interesting to see some live action clones, but probably unlikely.

Just now, Spren of Kindness said:

It would be interesting to see some live action clones, but probably unlikely.

Spoiler

Technicaly, Rex is in RotJ (of course, it was retconed, but he still is). Also, Rex can be somewhere near Ahsoka. This is even plausible.

11 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:
  Hide contents

Technicaly, Rex is in RotJ (of course, it was retconed, but he still is). Also, Rex can be somewhere near Ahsoka. This is even plausible.

Spoiler

He's the old rebel with the white beard on Endor, right?  I always think he looks like Rex.

25 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Hide contents

He's the old rebel with the white beard on Endor, right?  I always think he looks like Rex.

Spoiler

Basicly, this is open case and Dave Filoni leave it that, so fans can think one or other. We know that Rex was indeed on Endor during battle. I think indeed this is Rex and probably most fans too.

I really hope the coming episodes of season 2 develop the plot around the Child and establishes a main cast, rather than "hey, lets have these random adventures on different places for one episode". Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the season premiere, but it wound up feeling a lot like filler. Sure, the Fett armor and Bobas cameo will surely be very important down the line, and hopefullt Cobb Vanth will as well (I really enjoyed him, and Timothy Olyphant was great). But the sand people and the Krayt Dragon really just felt like a one-off thing. 

Also, those Tuskens who had to draw out the Krayt dragon from its cave defenitely has one of the worst jobs in Star Wars. Poor guys. 

1 minute ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I really hope the coming episodes of season 2 develop the plot around the Child and establishes a main cast, rather than "hey, lets have these random adventures on different places for one episode". Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the season premiere, but it wound up feeling a lot like filler. Sure, the Fett armor and Bobas cameo will surely be very important down the line, and hopefullt Cobb Vanth will as well (I really enjoyed him, and Timothy Olyphant was great). But the sand people and the Krayt Dragon really just felt like a one-off thing. 

Also, those Tuskens who had to draw out the Krayt dragon from its cave defenitely has one of the worst jobs in Star Wars. Poor guys. 

I feel it'll be like the first season. Each episode will have a little something that will contribute to the over arching plot, but the big events will be in the final episode or two. 

Why? Because it is the way...

9 hours ago, Orlion the Platypus said:

I feel it'll be like the first season. Each episode will have a little something that will contribute to the over arching plot, but the big events will be in the final episode or two. 

Why? Because it is the way...

I seem to recall interviews with Jon Favreau when he said that it will be more overarching plot this season.