Twice as powerful atium misting

Koloss17

I was thinking about a duralumin enhanced atium burst when I came up with a hypothetical scenario

say a seer ingested leresium, making him a mistborn. He would have a very enhanced atium burn, but what would that do? Would you be able to see what another person’s reaction is to a certain move you make, allowing you to choose the best way of attack, or would something else happen?

31 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Would you be able to see what another person’s reaction is to a certain move you make, allowing you to choose the best way of attack

Isn't that what happens with normal Atium burning? 

Wouldn't it be similar to flaring Atium? I.e. an increase in the power of the burn? 

2 minutes ago, Green Hoodie Mistborn said:

Isn't that what happens with normal Atium burning? 

Wouldn't it be similar to flaring Atium? I.e. an increase in the power of the burn? 

I’m pretty sure that normally you see an attack before it happens, and then act apon it. What I am thinking is that see the possible outcome of you attacking in a certain way before you attack, but you see many different ways you can attack, allowing you to choose the best of those outcomes.

From the Coppermind

Burning atium allows the user to see a few seconds into the future, by producing atium shadows of everything in sight. These shadows perform future actions.

So to me, that means attacks, but also the reaction to your attacks, and/or anything else going on at the time. 

It seems like increased strength with A-Atium (whether you get it via hemalurgy or lerasium) would increase your efficiency, letting you get more out of the same amount of metal than a weaker user:

Oversleep (paraphrased)

Allomantic strength. There are stronger Allomancers, they can burn metals faster, right?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Yes, they can also squeeze more power out of it. They can use it more efficiently.

Oversleep (paraphrased)

So there is some loss of power along the way? How do savants work into that?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Savants can use it way more efficiently. They are more Connected to the Shard. Closer to Spiritual Realm.

Warsaw signing (March 18, 2017)

I think there's a WoB on A-Atium or A-Electrum that a stronger misting/mistborn or savant would be able to push the shadows further, and seeing even further future events. but only a few seconds unless you were REALLY powerful, and at that point you might just break through to the Spiritual Realm a-la duralumin A-Atium.

1 hour ago, Rask said:

Are we sure that a Misting who ingested Laresium would become doubly powerful in the metallic art they had before becoming mist born? It sure seams like it should work this way but do we know for certain? 

Actually, this is true. Lerasium rewrites ones spiritweb. They gain connection to Preservation. So you would become a normal mistborn. Not a mistborn with an extra boost on your atium burning. Plus I’m pretty sure atium seers don’t exist anymore.

4 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

say a seer ingested leresium, making him a mistborn. He would have a very enhanced atium burn, but what would that do? Would you be able to see what another person’s reaction is to a certain move you make, allowing you to choose the best way of attack, or would something else happen?

More powerful atium burners atium savants for example can push the shadows out a bit farther.  There is a limit though.  Eventually you hit a "its full of stars moment(like Elend)" and you see the ultimate consequences of your actions by looking into the spiritual realm.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Journey said:

Actually, this is true. Lerasium rewrites ones spiritweb. They gain connection to Preservation. So you would become a normal mistborn. Not a mistborn with an extra boost on your atium burning. Plus I’m pretty sure atium seers don’t exist anymore.

Lerasium is additive. You would become stronger in any metal you had after burning Lerasium. 

Shardlet

If Vin and Elend hypothetically each blindly ingested equivalently sized beads of lerasium, would Vin be a stronger Mistborn than Elend, or would they be equal?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, Vin would be stronger. It is additive, not just an overwrite.

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Lerasium overwrites Spiritual DNA. It can do some interesting things, and can overwrite your Spiritual DNA in different ways if you do it right. If a Surgebinder ate lerasium, he would become an Allomancer, but Brandon implied other things could be done.

Alloy of Law 17th Shard Q&A (Nov. 5, 2011)

This directly contradicts your WoB

Also, the power difference Brandon mentioned can be explained by this WoB:

Questioner

We were talking about Kelsier, and how he was much more powerful than most Mistborn, and how Vin was slightly more than most Mistborn...

Brandon Sanderson

Why were Vin and Kelsier more powerful?

Questioner

I know why Kelsier, but why Vin?

Brandon Sanderson

Vin was not more powerful. Vin just took to it very naturally. She was highly skilled. It was very instinctive to her, but Elend was actually more powerful than she was, if you count just raw power. Vin just knew her stuff. Beyond that Vin is a rare individual that for reasons I have not explained yet, was able to draw in the mists for a little extra boost at times. And there are other characters you have seen do this.

Shadows of Self Chicago signing (Oct. 12, 2015

1 hour ago, Ookla the Journey said:

This directly contradicts your WoB

Also, the power difference Brandon mentioned can be explained by this WoB:

It is also older. Brandon has changed his mind on the mechanics of his magic systems before. You need look no further then the Lord Ruler. Originally he said that the Lord Ruler used Hemalurgy to increase his power to what we saw in the books but has changed it so he "recreated" himself with the Well of Ascension.

3 hours ago, Tglassy said:

We don't know what Lerasium actually does when burned.  Connecting you to Preservation is just a side effect.  

There is a WOB that comes dangerously close to confirming that Lerasium's true function is to Connect you to the Shard/Magic of whatever godmetal it is alloyed to, thus being a Mistborn is a side effect of Conencting you to Preservation when no other Shard's investiture is provided as a Target.

Stormlightning

If Hoid was to get his hands on "bavadinium," could he alloy it with lerasium and get Sand Mastery?

Brandon Sanderson

This is theoretically possible.

FanX 2018 (Sept. 6, 2018)

3 hours ago, Tglassy said:

We don't know what Lerasium actually does when burned.  Connecting you to Preservation is just a side effect.  

It can be burned in place of any metal.  This is how Elend burns pewter when he does not actually have any in his system.

5 hours ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

It can be burned in place of any metal.  This is how Elend burns pewter when he does not actually have any in his system.

Pewter is a metal that usually people in the Final Empire have remnants on their body. On spoons and so on, usually. This is how Vin used Pewter to survive beatings before meeting Kelsier.

18 minutes ago, Raphaborn said:

Pewter is a metal that usually people in the Final Empire have remnants on their body. On spoons and so on, usually. This is how Vin used Pewter to survive beatings before meeting Kelsier.

Pewter is a poisonous metal.  It also burns extremely quickly.  If Elend had that kind of metal in his system he would die.  Also pewter is what poor people use for utensils.  The rich used silver.

31 minutes ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

Pewter is a poisonous metal.  It also burns extremely quickly.  If Elend had that kind of metal in his system he would die.  Also pewter is what poor people use for utensils.  The rich used silver.

Elend didn't have to burn Pewter for long, the scene cut short when Vin realizes he's an Alomantico. She just needed to give him more pewter.
Elend sold much of his unnecessary food possessions to the people in WoA. Suppose he doesn't live in splendor all the time. In addition there is metal remnants everywhere, including water. It's not so complicated to imagine that he had at least a few seconds of Pewter in his system.

12 minutes ago, Raphaborn said:

Elend didn't have to burn Pewter for long, the scene cut short when Vin realizes he's an Alomantico. She just needed to give him more pewter.
Elend sold much of his unnecessary food possessions to the people in WoA. Suppose he doesn't live in splendor all the time. In addition there is metal remnants everywhere, including water. It's not so complicated to imagine that he had at least a few seconds of Pewter in his system.

Enough to pick up alomantically.  Elend also gets all the metals when Vins fuels him.  This is basically the same thing.  The giving of preservation's power/

44 minutes ago, Tglassy said:

So...I said this, but people apparently ignore it.

Vin gave him one of her Allomantic vials to wash the Lerasium bead down.  Elend had a full dose of Pewter in his system when he became a Mistborn.

That would work.  I am referencing the scene where Vin ascends.  She is essentially burning lerasium the entire time.  Fueling her mists with alomancy.