Brandon's Epic Foreshadowing

Lunu’anaki

10 hours ago, ftl said:

Wait, how does that epigraph have the secret that destroyed the knights radiant? I don't get it and that sounds really fascinating!

Well at least it did for me. I'm pretty sure it's the humans of the First Desolation, after they beat the Voidbringers the first time. Their homes become our dens. Their lands are now our farms. I should've seen it. But there are way more hints toward it in the second book epigraphs, inside the old Parshendi songs found at https://coppermind.net/wiki/Words_of_Radiance/Epigraphs under Listener Songs

They're always just subtle hints but I feel like I should be getting them. A good example comes from WoR chapter 30 (consider it is from a Parshendi viewpoint):

"’Tis said it was warm in the land far away / When Voidbringers entered our songs. / We brought them home to stay / And then those homes became their own, / It happened gradually. / And years ahead ’twil still be said ’tis how it has to be."

Edited by Knight of Iron

5 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

The only foreshadowing I noticed was the Hero of Ages epigraphs in hindsight. After the reveal of Sazed being the Hero and the writer, I thought back on the epigraphs and realized that Vin wouldn't really say some of the stuff said in them, and that it's more how Sazed would act.

You forgot the one of the biggest ones in Mistborn "There's always another secret" Kielsar. Highlighting the fact that he is in Mistborn Secret History's.

14 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Well at least it did for me. I'm pretty sure it's the humans of the First Desolation, after they beat the Voidbringers the first time. Their homes become our dens. Their lands are now our farms. I should've seen it. But there are way more hints toward it in the second book epigraphs, inside the old Parshendi songs found at https://coppermind.net/wiki/Words_of_Radiance/Epigraphs under Listener Songs

They're always just subtle hints but I feel like I should be getting them. A good example comes from WoR chapter 30 (consider it is from a Parshendi viewpoint):

Oh, you mean that the secret that destroyed the knights radiant is that the humans were the original voidbringers?

Makes sense, that's possible. The humans being the original voidbringers is very likely, I just don't know whether that is the particular secret that broke the knights radiant. It's probably the most likely theory I've seen, though.

On 12/4/2019 at 11:05 PM, The traveller said:

The whole reason for Recreance and how humans are not native to Roshar is so obvious now that you think about it :D Humans are the original voidbringers. lol.. so good. 

This might have been my favorite foreshadowing in Stormlight . A great example is when Renarin is telling Kaladin how weird horses are and how they don’t fit on Roshar in I believe Wor maybe ob. Brandon basically giving you exactly what you need to realize wait humans don’t really fit with other Rosharan life either. Great job of hiding something in plain sight with what seems like a throwaway conversation between characters 

I also really like that how dalinar has been very concerned throughout twok about Alethkar and how they have left it vulnerable! He even says that all the shardbearers are at the shattered plains leaving Alethkar indefensible. And he constantly expresses his desire to go back and rule their nation as it is meant to be ruled. It is really weird that king just left his country for 6 years and left ruling to Aesudan who is as inexperienced in matters of ruling as Elhokar !! 
while reading OB I was so sure that they will save Kholinar! 
But on a reread of the series, I realised that actually Alethkar’s fall was foreshadowed all over the way of kings!! It is not a surprise at all. 

I'm at the point where I'm also getting super suspicious of everything.

Re-reading Oathbringer.

During her wedding prep scene, Shallan is uncomfortable with all the attention and thinks to herself, "At least she wasn't going to end up as queen."  And I mean....yikes. Yikes. Yikes. Tell me that doesn't smell of foreshadowing.

Edited by Zelly

In warbreaker, the very first page of Vivenna’s pov she says : 

She continued the disguise. It was best to be safe. She had come — arriving only te’tlir just hours ago— to rescue her sister, not get to herself kidnapped.

:D Well that went well!!!

• Chaos locked this topic