Liar of Partinel Sample removed

Guest Lifeblesser

Guest Lifeblesser

The Sample chapter of Liar Of Partinel has been removed or something from Brandons website.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Edited by Chaos

Looks like a casualty of the site move. I'll just list a little bit of history, from what I've been able to determine.

There used to be two sample chapters: chapters 1 through 6, version 1. And chapter 1, version 3. (A version two was written, obviously, but never released as a sample chapter. A character was gender-swapped, but Brandon decided to go back. There are some brief forum posts about it on the TWG forum, the old forum Brandon had created before he was published.)

The larger sample was linked on the TWG. The smaller sample was linked in a blog post. That's where the two download links originally came from.

There was a mini site migration on brandonsanderson.com back in 2018, which affected all the filepaths. Any files that were linked on the site, like in a blog post, were updated. The larger Liar sample, since it wasn't linked anywhere on the blog, didn't get an updated link, and was "lost."

Then, there was the full site redesign. None of the blog posts from 2012 were migrated; the second Liar sample had been blogged in 2007, and that blog post isn't on the site anymore. So it looks like that file didn't survive the migration due to the blog post cutoff.

Both times, the download links were broken while the websites were being worked on. So it doesn't look like either of them were intentionally taken down.

Guest Lifeblesser

Yeah I have both chapters 1-6 and I just got my hands on chapter 1 version 3.

The weird thing is I just downloaded the chapter 1 sample from his website about a month or so ago and now it's gone.

I also tried to check out some other unpublished works and found the same thing. I tried Mistborn Prime, Final Empire Prime, liar of Partinel and one other and none worked

The second redesign just happened, coinciding with the Skyward release about a week ago.

I hadn't thought about the Mistborn Prime and Final Empire Prime samples. Are they still linked? I think one of them used to be in Mistborn Deleted Scenes, and the other was a blog post. I'll try to dig around in WayBack and find them later, unless somebody else gets there first..