Diana Wynne Jones

swlotrgirl

• 4 months later...

I signed up here in order to reply. DWJ has been a favourite author for me all my reading life. Borrowing her books from the library as a child is what got me hooked on reading. Her novel Fire and Hemlock remains one of my all time favourites, subtle and deep, magical and mythical. I reread it recently for the first time in many years and it holds up so well. I'd recommend it to anyone (and often do). 

I was given The Merlin Conspiracy for Christmas one year.  Such a fun book!  Surprising gift, the people who gifted it hadn't read it and didn't know much about it, so no idea how they picked it, but it was really great!

I found Deep Secret, the book that it's sequel to, and was surprised at how different it was.

• 4 months later...

I've read and liked some of her books - not sure I can call myself a fan, though. I haven't found yet an opportunity to read most of her books. Of the ones I read, though, I probably liked the Homeward Bounders and Archer's goon the most. Haven't read Dark Lord of Derkholm, Deep Secret or Dogsboy, though.

• 2 years later...

This thread must be revived!

Crimes so far: thread necromancy, double posting.

I have, since the last time I posted here, read both Deep Secret and the Merlin Conspiracy - both great books, especially the first. I've also read Dark Lord of Derkholm, Tough Guide to Fantasyland, Fire and Hemlock, Time of the Ghost, the entire Worlds of Chrestomancy series and Hexwood. And a few others.

Any other DWJ fan who's still active? Like @Robin Sedai, maybe? (Sorry for randomly tagging you.)