Completely Blind Guesses of Major Plot Points in Starsight and Beyond

Patrick Star

I'm waiting to get my copy of Starsight, so I figured I'd list all my predictions and grade them after I read it.  Putting this in the spoiler section so that I can follow up with my grades freely.

Like I've said before, Skyward is super similar to Gurren Lagann, so I'm kind of expecting a somewhat similar arc.  To people who have seen the anime, this list will look very familiar.  With that said, let's go.

1 - The eventual big bad of the series is going to be some sort of "Anti-Cytonic" being.  Cytonic powers basically allow for space-time manipulation, so the Anti-Cytonic beings would be a species like the Anti-Spiral who have ascended to a higher dimension.  Bonus points if they throw galaxies around like ninja stars.  They might be the eyes.

2 - Spensa's major love interest of the series will be an Anti-Cyton that will not survive until the end.  Bonus points if the Anti-Cyton has retrograde amnesia, gets mind-controlled to deliver an ultimatum of destruction from the Anti-Cytons, and dies of sudden death and plot convenience.

3 - Doomslug is the hyperdrive.  I've said this before, and I still think it's true.  Doomslug's going to be the Boota of Skyward.  Bonus points if it turns into an anthropomorphized human during the series' final battle.

4 - Rodge dies, Spensa gets depressed for a while.  This will happen before meeting the Anti-Cyton love interest from point 2.

5 - The Anti-Cytonics decide that instead of only destroying humans, they'll destroy all lower forms of life so that no more cytonic beings will be able to appear.  This forces the evil alien empire to work with humanity.

6 - Mushrooms hold the key.  They either provide Cytonic powers or poison the Anti-Cytonics.  Though I'm guessing they provide Cytonic powers.

7 - Other members of Skyward Squad start getting their own Cytonic powers, but don't catch up to Spensa.

8 - The series ends with Spensa returning to Detritus to live as a hermit with doomslug.

I'll try to remember any other dumb ideas I'm expecting to happen, but I think that covers the basics.