Guessing Stormlight Book 5 title

KandraAllomancer

Nice find OP! I had missed that.

Having hoped for Rhythm of War way back when, I’m somewhat at a loss here! A lot of good commentary already.

In terms of “in world books”, Rhythms of War may end up an “in Cosmere” guide, maybe in the Arcanum? Where Khriss documents what the rhythms are?

so a book from Shinovar might work.

Knight of White works perfectly of course. Maybe a Shin children’s myth that worked to foreshadow Szeth’s trajectory? 

Knights on Watch?

or Knight of the Watch?

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Toasted said:

Sounds like a Pratchett book :-D

Or a medieval romance novel (that I might read actually lmao)

Knife of Winds is really clever though. I don’t know if it sounds like a Rosharan text, but it may not need to be!

6 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Knights of Worlds. Kingdom of Warriors. King of Ways.

King of Ways made me laugh way too much.
But both Knights of Worlds and Kingdom of Warriors are awesome. And actually the latter one sounds totally like something concerning Shin, they don't have almost all the Honorblades for nothing. Yes, I remember they don't value warriors as important, if you want to focus on this part, this can be something they say about the Alethkar, obviously in a negative way.

@Ookla the Toasted this sounds nice as well, maybe a little change to get Knight of the Winds

Edited by Nnatel

Kingdoms of the West: A Travel Guide for Elsecallers and Willshapers, by Jasnah Kholin

Killing Wit, an incomplete tragicomic manuscript found in the private drawers of, idk, Elhokar? 

The Killer in White: An Unauthorized Biography of the Killer in White, by, like, Navani or something. 

Knights, Wettened: A Beach Adventure. By Lift. 

Edited by pizzastrology

Brandon's not going to include the word "kill" in the title.  And since it's Szeth, the W probably stands for wind, though obviously not certain.

It's probably going to be Knight of the Wind, or Keeper of the Wind, or something like that.  Or maybe it stands for World.  Dunno.  Though I do like Knot of Woes, but have no idea what that might refer to.

Another cool name would be Kname of the Wind, with a silent K.  Sounds like a neat book, somebody should write that.

On 3.12.2019 at 10:04 AM, Nnatel said:

Actually, if he uses in-world logic to create the title, there is a chance one of the letters can be changed to 'h'. At least the Alethi would still consider it symmetrical. 

You're right, I completely forgot about it. It opens up some new possibilities, like the Herald of War

Guest Edonidd

Book 5 will be about Szeth, probably touching on the whole truthless thing, and the oathstone.

Book 5 will also probably dig deeper into the oathpact, and either repair, replace, strengthen or circumvent it.  Something that gives a stopping point to this story of 5 books and gives us a break until the next set of 5.

Going with your KoW thing....  Keeper of Word?  Keeper of Words?  The Keeper of Words?  Keeper of the Word.  Keeping our Word?

Szeth is not truthless, he kept his word.  Only one Herald kept to their oathpact, they are truthless, they didn't keep their word.

The only one that sounds elegant enough to be a title is Keeper ofvthe Word, but that doesn't fit the naming convention, and it doesn't seem like an in world writing, more like a title given to a person.

On 12/2/2019 at 2:34 PM, KandraAllomancer said:

I've just found this WoB:

and it's heavily suggested that the abbreviation for Book 5 title would be KoW. I was wondering about it, but I only came up with "Knights/Kings/Kingdom of West" (given it's Szeth's book).

What do you think?

I Like Knight of the West, considering Szeth's from Shinovar.

Killing on Woken Tears (since WoK is really tWoK)...but I guess in a Ketek, indefinite articles don't really count...

Knights of Worlds Torn

Knights of Wept Tears

...Knot of Woes and Knife of Winds are still the best. 

10 hours ago, Edonidd said:

Book 5 will be about Szeth, probably touching on the whole truthless thing, and the oathstone.

Book 5 will also probably dig deeper into the oathpact, and either repair, replace, strengthen or circumvent it.  Something that gives a stopping point to this story of 5 books and gives us a break until the next set of 5.

Going with your KoW thing....  Keeper of Word?  Keeper of Words?  The Keeper of Words?  Keeper of the Word.  Keeping our Word?

Szeth is not truthless, he kept his word.  Only one Herald kept to their oathpact, they are truthless, they didn't keep their word.

The only one that sounds elegant enough to be a title is Keeper ofvthe Word, but that doesn't fit the naming convention, and it doesn't seem like an in world writing, more like a title given to a person.

I like your direction! But would Sanderson use "Word" in another book title after WoR?

• 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:15 PM, Knight of Iron said:

Not sure if they would do war again right after Rhythm of War.

Possible K words: Knight, Kingdom, Kaladin, Kale, King, Kangaroo, Ketchup, Kin, Kitty

Possible middle words: of (probably), or, on

Possible W words: Wit, Ways, Winds, Warlord, Watch, Wedding, Welfare, Whales (Spacewhales?), White

My possible combinations: King of Wit, Kale of Whales, Knight of White (?), Kingdom of Winds, Kangaroo on Watch, etc. 

Ketchup on the Wandersail - a trader's reference

On 12/2/2019 at 6:21 PM, Invocation said:

I'm gonna miss the idea of Stones Unhallowed, honestly. That was such a sick title. Might steal it now that it won't be used.

In a way that is what happened, but in reverse. I believe Brandon backed off on using a title of Stones Unhallowed after Patrick Rothfuss announced his long-awaited third and final book in the Kingkiller Chronicles would be titled The Doors of Stone. Back then, Szeth's book was going to be Stormlight 3, and also back then, Rothfuss said Kingkiller #3 would be released "very soon", and everybody agreed two major works of epic fantasy with similar sounding titles coming out in the same year would be a Bad Thing.

Ha ha ha.

On 12/3/2019 at 11:19 PM, Patrick Star said:

Brandon's not going to include the word "kill" in the title.  And since it's Szeth, the W probably stands for wind, though obviously not certain.

Uh-oh.

With Stones Unhallowed getting bumped as the title because The Doors of Stone as Kingkiller #3 was "supposed to" come out when Stormlight 3 came out, it'd be just Brandon's luck if he decided on a title featuring the word "Wind" and found it bumped because GRRM's long-awaited ASoIaF #6 book (The Winds of Winter) is "supposed to be released" in the same year.