23 minutes ago, The traveller said:

Has Trell abandoned them? I need to reread BoM

Well at the end BoM. The red eyes agent who ' rescues ' edwarn from prison says the new goal is to wipe out all life on the planet and since the set are included in that category , I believe that trell or whatever entity is supporting the set has abandoned them.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

Give women to eyed people.  Then they may blindfold the kidnapped people take them through a pool and then have them wait their for a while saying that Trell is enhancing the speed of the project.

Hell actually that's an amazing possibility. Imagine the chaos mistings or Mistborn could cause offworld while serving trell . The other worlds have little idea about allomancy and wouldn't know what hit them . Yeah  

1 hour ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Hell actually that's an amazing possibility. Imagine the chaos mistings or Mistborn could cause offworld while serving trell . The other worlds have little idea about allomancy and wouldn't know what hit them . Yeah  

We don't really know Trell's goals.  Until we do speculation is difficult but it is a rather good plan depending.

Edited by Ookla the Prolific

1 hour ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Well at the end BoM. The red eyes agent who ' rescues ' edwarn from prison says the new goal is to wipe out all life on the planet and since the set are included in that category , I believe that trell or whatever entity is supporting the set has abandoned them.

Ok I totally forgot this past. For the first time, Trell is sounding more like odium than autonomy

You realize that the babies are being murdered for spikes, right? I mean, I thought that was obvious once I saw the Set was using Hemalurgy. They aren’t looking to breed a Mistborn; they are looking to breed useful Allomancer and Feruchemists so they can steal their powers. Much easier, and more likely to succeed.

15 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

You realize that the babies are being murdered for spikes, right? I mean, I thought that was obvious once I saw the Set was using Hemalurgy. They aren’t looking to breed a Mistborn; they are looking to breed useful Allomancer and Feruchemists so they can steal their powers. Much easier, and more likely to succeed.

The problem with that is that you can't make a Mistborn out of Hemalurgy without making them easily controlled by Harmony, which would likely end in disaster for the Set, or at least they would find those people compelled to remove their excess spikes against their will.

Then again, we don't know exactly what burning a Hemalurgic spike would do; perhaps that is their secret, once they find out they can do it.

They can't just kill a baby for their spike.  They wouldn't know which power the child might have, and therefore they wouldn't know which spike to use or where to use it.  Hemalurgy is an exact science.  How old do the kids need to be before they'll snap?  I know Spook was 5, but I feel like Sazed would have made it so the mists snap people when they get old enough to survive being snapped, not just the first time they're exposed.  

3 hours ago, Tglassy said:

They wouldn't know which power the child might have, and therefore they wouldn't know which spike to use or where to use it.  Hemalurgy is an exact science.  How old do the kids need to be before they'll snap?  I know Spook was 5, but I feel like Sazed would have made it so the mists snap people when they get old enough to survive being snapped, not just the first time they're exposed.

Maybe feed the baby a cocktail of all the metals and see which ones they might use instinctively in the presence of a savant Seeker? As for the kids' age, I'm sure they can snap as babies. Vin snapped during childbirth, and with Harmony making it easier there's a higher chance the baby won't die (man...this is dark...). 

12 hours ago, Tglassy said:

Do we have confirmation that Vin snapped during Childbirth?  I thought they established that she had ample opportunity to snap throughout her life?

"Vin was special.
Preservation chose her from a very young age, as I have mentioned. I believe that he was grooming her to take his power. Yet, the mind of Preservation was very weak at that point, reduced only to the fragment that we knew as the mist spirit.
What made him choose this girl? Was it because she was a Mistborn? Was it because she had Snapped so early in life, coming to her powers even as she went through the pains of the unusually difficult labor her mother went through to bear her?
Vin was unusually talented and strong with Allomancy, even from the beginning. I believe that she must have drawn some of the mist into her when she was still a child, in those brief times when she wasn't wearing the earring."
Words of Founding