Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Notchbeard

Finished Lightbringer

4 posts in this topic

The most disappointment I have felt at the end of a series. I have read series where the author died and had someone else finish that weren't as bad as this ending was. Did you like it? Besides "The Mighty are Awesome" what made you like it? Personally, I feel like a Jehovah's Witness took over on book 5 and decided to make all fictional religion referenced = Jehovah.
TBP = 8/10
TBK = 9/10
TBE = 8/10
TBM = 7/10
TBW = Trash 
Change My Mind.

On 12/1/2019 at 0:00 PM, Notchbeard said:

The most disappointment I have felt at the end of a series. I have read series where the author died and had someone else finish that weren't as bad as this ending was. Did you like it? Besides "The Mighty are Awesome" what made you like it? Personally, I feel like a Jehovah's Witness took over on book 5 and decided to make all fictional religion referenced = Jehovah.
TBP = 8/10
TBK = 9/10
TBE = 8/10
TBM = 7/10
TBW = Trash 
Change My Mind.

Sorry won't change your mind, because I agree with you. The book definitely took a nose dive to me, and got way too preachy. He ended it with a literal deus ex machina. 

I didn't think the series was that good to begin with, so that felt right on par for my money.

I really enjoyed the first four books and liked a good amount of the fifth one. But Weeks has a habit of doing jarring twists seemingly for the sake of the twist (Spoiler Warning):

Spoiler

EVERYTHING ABOUT IRONFIST IN THE LAST TWO BOOKS. Andross being the Lightbringer (blegh), Ohorlam coming out. 

Also, did Andross nonchalantly confirm that Kip's bio-mom is actually Karris? Or was he saying "the woman you view as the closest ideal to a mother" is Karris?

The ending also had too many unanswered questions - questions that THE FINAL BOOK ITSELF - brought up, making it very clear Weeks wants to go back to this world eventually. This usually isn't a bad thing, but I feel like these seeds should have been planted a book or two earlier.