Low storms on roshar ?

Friendshipspren

Question

So it's raining outside and it got me wondering , Are there normal storms on roshar ?

' Low storms ' if you will .

Like not the weeping. I mean normal rainy weather , hurricanes , tornadoes , snowfalls ,etc ?

Other phenomenon like heat waves ?

Highstorms have internals of days or weeks , so surely that's enough time for normal metereological phenomenon to occur if only in restricted regions and small scale ?

Also are there famines ? I mean the Highstorms are a constant so I guess droughts don't exist and the crem renews the soil ( sorry rockbed )everytime so little loss of fertility . Baxil's friend mentions one but I wonder what caused it ? Disease , an usually strong Highstorm , war or was it an artificial famine due to government policies like the ones caused by the British east India company and the British imperial government in India ?

Shinovar is exempt from this question , of course .

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

3 answers to this question

Yes

Shadows of Self San Diego signing (Oct. 8, 2015)
#2 Share Copy

Play/Pause

leinton

Does Roshar experience storms outside of the highstorms and the Weepings? And if so, how often would Shinovar get them?

Brandon Sanderson

So, the weather patterns are dominated by the highstorms. Non-highstorm storms are rare but do occur. The further to the west you get, the harder it is to tell the difference between a highstorm and a regular storm. Like, in Shinovar, a highstorm is just kind of like-- it feels like what a storm you might get here, or even weaker. But they do happen. They're gonna happen, most often you're going to notice them in the quote-unquote "summers," when the highstorms are further apart.

I think normal storms are a thing on Roshar. Iirc, there were a few comparisons between the Highstorm and a normal storm, though that might've been the narration? They wouldn't be all that common with the Highstorm there disrupting normal weather patterns.