Why wasn’t Nalizar purged of his Forgotten (spoilers)

SzethIsBadAsHell

So when the constable was hit with acid water , it purged him of the forgotten and changed the children back to normal . Later Professor Nalizar is revealed to be another Forgotten albeit a more powerful intelligent one. Why wasn’t he purged when Joel hit him with the bucket of acid water like the constable was ? 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think that you can actually call him forgotten. There arr clue that he is some kind of chalk person that is more sepient then normal forgotten. 

My guess is that there are two kinds of chalk(man?) that are in war, one helps human become rithmatist and the other creates the "wild" chalklings. Nalizar the current is from the second kind, the stick person that joel saw is from the first.

8 hours ago, One_Armed said:

I don't think that you can actually call him forgotten. There arr clue that he is some kind of chalk person that is more sepient then normal forgotten. 

My guess is that there are two kinds of chalk(man?) that are in war, one helps human become rithmatist and the other creates the "wild" chalklings. Nalizar the current is from the second kind, the stick person that joel saw is from the first.

I don’t agree . The little figure Joel saw is one kind . The one that possessed the Constable is another , but what was inside Nalizar is something else entirely . It’s like the most powerful form . It picked up the gear coin and laughed at Joel . The other creature was aftaid of the coin. I would say he is either a more powerful form or the king of that kind of arithmetic creature !