Necessary Eagle

How long does it take to join the newsletter?

12 posts in this topic

Brandon Sanderson newsletter subscribers got a surprise drop this week: the rough draft of the first chapter of the in-progress

Stormlight Archive Book 4! You have to be signed up to his newsletter, but if you sign up now, you should get the chapter in your inbox.

that was from Tor.com only this site won't let me attribute quotes. anyway. I signed up yesterday, and I got nuttin' and I don't know how long the normal wait time is. Just want to check if I did something wrong before I try signing up again.

Edited by Necessary Ookla

1 hour ago, Necessary Ookla said:

that was from Tor.com only this site won't let me attribute quotes. anyway. I signed up yesterday, and I got nuttin' and I don't know how long the normal wait time is. Just want to check if I did something wrong before I try signing up again.

I got my email more or less immediately... Perhaps the system is just occupied? 

Edited by Ookla the Prolific

Maybe they rejected my application because I put my name down as "Necessary Eagle" instead of my real name.

8 minutes ago, Necessary Ookla said:

Maybe they rejected my application because I put my name down as "Necessary Eagle" instead of my real name.

Does it ask for a real name?  Also did you use the correct email and spell it correctly?

Edited by Ookla the Prolific

It just had "first name", "last name" , "email" and "metro areas". No way to tell if I spelled things right.

I sent a second attempt. Still no joy. Hope they don't think I'm a spammer when they see two entries with different names and the same email.

I think that it is a problem with the new website. the actual link to the page that the newsletter is supposed to be on is down...

Agreed, it has to be a problem with the new website. My newsletter subscription was also near instantaneous.

Have you checked the Spam? In my case, his mails goto spam. But they are sent almost immediately.

I’ve sent a newsletter request 4 times, and I’ve waited over twenty four hours after most of them. I’ve emailed Peter so hopefully he’ll contact the right people. I think you’re right about it being the new website design

Weird update: still nothing for my gmail account... but it worked for my Yahoo address right away. I tried to change my preference to the Gmail addy, and it told me that email was already in use. So my gmail sign-up are active, but not actually sending me anything?