Aragorn

Lord of the Rings RP, anyone?

125 posts in this topic

Gallen huffed. "We get it. You made a terrible mistake and can't undo it. We've all been there to some degree. Cheer up- believe it or not, life still has value even if you've ruined the best parts of it. So do what we're humans do- try your best to make up for it, then move on and do better. Maybe one day you'll earn whatever it is you're trying to get. Until then, oh wise immortal one, listen to the wisdom of those younger and lesser than yourself. Life is short for most, and precious to them. If it's long to you, it will still be too short. So make the best of it, live life to the fullest, enjoy every moment like it might be your last, and make peace with yourself. Grow a tree or something if you need to. Instead of chasing what your father made, make something of your own. Make him proud by creating something worthy of his legacy. Look to the future and let go of the past." He went silent, sto watching for the farm girl. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Gallen huffed. "We get it. You made a terrible mistake and can't undo it. We've all been there to some degree. Cheer up- believe it or not, life still has value even if you've ruined the best parts of it. So do what we're humans do- try your best to make up for it, then move on and do better. Maybe one day you'll earn whatever it is you're trying to get. Until then, oh wise immortal one, listen to the wisdom of those younger and lesser than yourself. Life is short for most, and precious to them. If it's long to you, it will still be too short. So make the best of it, live life to the fullest, enjoy every moment like it might be your last, and make peace with yourself. Grow a tree or something if you need to. Instead of chasing what your father made, make something of your own. Make him proud by creating something worthy of his legacy. Look to the future and let go of the past." He went silent, sto watching for the farm girl. 

Macalaure laughed then, deep and bitter. “That I have tried. But you do not know the Oath.” And then he was silent, and would speak no more on the matter.

(Worth noting that the Silm implies that the Oath actually drove the sons of Fëanor to chase the Silmarilli. By the end they really didn’t want them anymore. So he’s not actually being metaphorical; if the Oath awoke he WOULD kill anyone who tried to stop from retrieving a stone he doesn’t want. It’s not really his choice.

(You do realize he’s a mass murderer and a terrorist, right? Like, he slaughtered a town full of refugees... that’s not something you just come back from.)

Edited by Kingsdaughter613
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynn kept an eye out for Lisse, where was that girl?  She couldn't have gotten far, that horse didn't seem to be one really fast animal.  Lynn saw some hoof tracks, but, what was that?  Lynn saw some foot prints following her, and said, pointing to the tracks, "She's in trouble."  And galloped away @Merlin @ShadowLord_Lith @Kingsdaughter613

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Macalaure leapt down from the horse, and knelt by the tracks. “Her horse was moving swiftly, but it’s path was wild. See the broken branches; it swerved, but she maintained control.

”The feet here were large, and the imprint deep. A man, most like. Tall and heavy. He walked quickly, but not overly so.”

The ancient prince frowned. “Wait. These...” he murmured something in Noldorin, before shaking his head. “There were three following. The boot prints differ. These two,” he pointed, “were both men. Likely connected; the prints vary but slightly. The boots were fashioned by the same hand. But one is lighter and smaller than the other. Still, almost certainly male.

”The other...” His dark brows drew in, and his face took on a wary cast. “He moves lightly; his feet left little imprint. His boots were made by my kin; he is likely one of them.

”At the least, it is unlikely your friend is in trouble. Though my kin are not incapable of evil, as I know well, one of the Quendi would not willingly ally himself with the Yrrch. Any I know who did, did so only after being broken in a manner which none today have the skill to do. And Eru be thanked for that!”

@Merlin @ShadowLord_Lith @Ookla the very snazzy

Edited by Kingsdaughter613
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gallen shook his head. "You'd be afraid of the ways men find to break the wills of others. we succumb more easily to evil, but we are also capable of greater good as a balance. Your people are stagnant, and we bring change. If there's a way to break an elf's will, it'll be discovered before the century is out. And every nation will know before the end of the decade after. If she has pursuers, We ride. Onto my horse, elven-kin. He can still ride faster overburdened than any elf on bare foot." He looked to the path, following the trial as easily as the others, if with a little less experience. 

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Gallen shook his head. "You'd be afraid of the ways men find to break the wills of others. we succumb more easily to evil, but we are also capable of greater good as a balance. Your people are stagnant, and we bring change. If there's a way to break an elf's will, it'll be discovered before the century is out. And every nation will know before the end of the decade after. If she has pursuers, We ride. Onto my horse, elven-kin. He can still ride faster overburdened than any elf on bare foot." He looked to the path, following the trial as easily as the others, if with a little less experience. 

Macalaure smiles gently. “To break the will of an  Elda is to kill him. We are a different breed; our souls are different. We are bound to Arda marred; thou and thy kin are not. Thou shalt go beyond the world when thy time comes; when my kin are slain, it is only to be reborn within it.

”Our will is bound to our fea, our soul. When our will is broken, we die. An elda cannot live with a broken spirit. Rape tears a hole in the fea; it is why an elda cannot survive such assault. 

“That your kind can break our wills I do not doubt; but to prevent our deaths requires the skill of the Valie, and only Morringotto would do such; and he is bound until the ending of the world.

“Most like, these prints belong to the Dúnedain, who patrol these parts, and one of their Elda allies. My cousin’s fosterling, Gildor, and his troop, has been known to aid them in this. The markings on the prints would indicate as much.”

So speaking, he mounted again.

(Note: the first part is cannon; because of the spiritual difference between Men and elves, elves die if their will is broken. Unless Morgoth is doing the breaking, of course. Elves and humans don’t differ genetically; the difference is in the nature of their souls.

(Gildor Inglorion was originally intended to be the son of Finrod; in deference to that, I tend to headcannon him as being fostered by Finrod.)

 

Edited by Kingsdaughter613
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Wow, guys. I really need to start looking at this more...:P Anyway, welcome, @Kingsdaughter613!

Lisse had never tried so hard not to breathe. She'd run into two stray bandits, who had, unsurprisingly, spooked Tom for the millionth time that night, and he'd tossed her off his back and into the trees. Lisse had scrambled away as the bandits calmed Tom enough to harness him. She'd been crouched under some bushes for the last half hour. Lisse froze suddenly. She heard something from close by. A... scuffle, and a shriek, followed by a girl's voice shouting in Elvish. Lynn.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Merlin said:

Lisse had never tried so hard not to breathe. She'd run into two stray bandits, who had, unsurprisingly, spooked Tom for the millionth time that night, and he'd tossed her off his back and into the trees. Lisse had scrambled away as the bandits calmed Tom enough to harness him. She'd been crouched under some bushes for the last half hour. Lisse froze suddenly. She heard something from close by. A... scuffle, and a shriek, followed by a girl's voice shouting in Elvish. Lynn.

( @ShadowLord_Lith, is it okay if I move us ahead (since we are riding together?) If not, I'll delete this.)

”There!” Macalaure cried. “The branches are broken.” He leapt down a second time, landing with barely a sound. 

“There are more prints here; she was ambushed from the side. The horse runs,” he followed the tracks, “and his bridle is caught. They circle here,” he gestured at the trampled area, “until he is calmed. Then see,” the elf prince pointed, “they tied him to the saddle; they took him with them. But there is nothing of the girl...” he paused, thinking, his gaze roving about the wood.

”Perhaps...” he murmured. And then he sung. Fair was his voice, and deep as the sea; it’s beauty beyond any in that age, and equal to few before. He sang of remembrance, of the echoes of time; he sang of children lost, and children found again. He sang, and beneath his voice the glen remembered.

Like shadows and wraiths the past could be seen in flickering moments. A girl riding wildly, an ambush, a horse rearing, a maiden tossed aside. A steed calmed, bandits fleeing, two rangers and an elf in pursuit. Then two horses, an elf lord leaping forth - 

The song ceased, and time resumed.

Macalaure walked slowly toward the thicket. “Come out child; it is safe now.”

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

( @ShadowLord_Lith, is it okay if I move us ahead (since we are riding together?) If not, I'll delete this.)

”There!” Macalaure cried. “The branches are broken.” He leapt down a second time, landing with barely a sound. 

“There are more prints here; she was ambushed from the side. The horse runs,” he followed the tracks, “and his bridle is caught. They circle here,” he gestured at the trampled area, “until he is calmed. Then see,” the elf prince pointed, “they tied him to the saddle; they took him with them. But there is nothing of the girl...” he paused, thinking, his gaze roving about the wood.

”Perhaps...” he murmured. And then he sung. Fair was his voice, and deep as the sea; it’s beauty beyond any in that age, and equal to few before. He sang of remembrance, of the echoes of time; he sang of children lost, and children found again. He sang, and beneath his voice the glen remembered.

Like shadows and wraiths the past could be seen in flickering moments. A girl riding wildly, an ambush, a horse rearing, a maiden tossed aside. A steed calmed, bandits fleeing, two rangers and an elf in pursuit. Then two horses, an elf lord leaping forth - 

The song ceased, and time resumed.

Macalaure walked slowly toward the thicket. “Come out child; it is safe now.”

Lisse breathed a sigh of relief. She tried with as much dignity as she could muster to climb out of the bushes. Her adrenaline was still pumping, and she felt tears in her throat. But no, no. Stupid Gallen had already embarrassed her tonight with his comments about her fighting abilities. She wouldn't start crying now. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Merlin said:

Lisse breathed a sigh of relief. She tried with as much dignity as she could muster to climb out of the bushes. Her adrenaline was still pumping, and she felt tears in her throat. But no, no. Stupid Gallen had already embarrassed her tonight with his comments about her fighting abilities. She wouldn't start crying now. 

Macalaure extended a hand to catch the child as she emerged from the close. “It is all right, little one? Was this thy first battle?

“Well do I recall mine; many a grown ellon and elleth took ill from fear and dismay. Tears are the hroa’s way of calming itself; there is no shame in it.

“Certainly I cried after that first skirmish, and I had lived some centuries at that time. The first battle always leaves one shaken; such is the way of things, and thou art far younger than I had been.”

Though, of course, there had been significant differences, Macalaure admitted to himself. For one, this battle has been against yrrch and bandits. My first battle saw the death of my kin and friends at my own hands - and I and my family the bandits! At least this will not be so terrible for her, and will likely end better than ever it did for us.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Um... yes. Yeah, I'm fine." They were all looking at her funny, which Lisse did not appreciate. She wasn't a child. "We should go. I'd like to find my horse..."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh, I saw him earlier, and tied his bridle to Storm's saddle, he's right by Storm over there."  She pointed to where Storm was waiting for her, Lisse's horse right behind him, hidden.  @Merlin @ShadowLord_Lith @Kingsdaughter613

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Thou art the one we sought then. Glad I am indeed to have found thee safe. Art thou injured?” 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“That is good to hear. If any wounds present at a later time, speak with me, and I shall do what I may to heal them. This is so for all, so long as I journey with you.”

Edited by Kingsdaughter613
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Welcome back."  Lynn said to Lisse, now the real question, "Do any of you know why the heck there was a WHOLE ARMY there?  She asked, "Macalaure, do you know ANYTHING about this?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gallen hated that he'd been so silent, but... she'd just been in her first life and death situation... how does one exactly deal with a girl in that situation? Not only that, the elf said she'd wanted to cry... he was bad at comforting girls. He was a soldier, and he'd never had to comfort anyone but his own girl, and she'd died before he could marry her... In a battle where she'd killed thrice over again the number of men he himself had. It was embarrassing, honestly, but... still painful. He shifted, uncomfortable but trying not to show it. "I don't know why there was an army here... the bigger question is first who gathered an army here, and then why. After all, knowing why they were here won't tell us who did it, but knowing who is responsible might tell us why they were here." He got down off of his horse, pausing and considering. "You know, farm girl... if I am to be honest, you fared better than I did the first time I fought someone. I ended up with a black eye and a broken arm. You kept enough of your head to escape even after being thrown from your horse. You have more potential than I, so if you let us train you then you'll be better at defending yourself an others than I am. If you wish to learn." That was the best comfort he knew how to give. It had worked on his girl, so... he hoped it worked on this farm girl. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynn nodded in confirmation at the girl, she agreed with what Gallen was saying to her.  They needed to get moving, now.  By now, those things would be searching for them. "We need to move, who knows what is hunting us now." @Kingsdaughter613 @Merlin @ShadowLord_Lith

Edited by Aragorn
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Right." Lisse said. She was trying not to get the others to pity her, but so far, it didn't seem to be working. And... had Lynn just said hunting them? Yeesh. Lisse was beginning to feel she was getting in over her head. @Kingsdaughter613 @ShadowLord_Lith @Aragorn

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gallen nodded, looking around. "Horses... Never enough horses..." He sighed, looking at the elf. "Will you let her ride with you? I think she'll have it easier with you than me. Your kind have a way with animals." He spoke tiredly, as if mentally suffering from fatigue. Or like he generally didn't care. He was more worried about her safety, honestly, than he was about her comfort; but he also was kind enough to balance pragmatism with benevolence. He looked at his horse and the farm-girl's, wondering which he'd rather ride, and then which he'd rather she ride. He was willing to trade horses... besides, then he wouldn't have a man riding with him chest-to-back. It was an uncomfortably unfamiliar feeling, and one he didn't quite care for. He'd endure, if she preferred, though. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Lisse half-smiled at the elf as she clambered onto his beautiful horse. She loved Tom, but he was rather sway-backed from years of plowing, and her backside was bruised enough for a lifetime. She wondered if Gallen was just being nice, letting her ride with Macalaure, or if he had some strange reason. 

Edited by Merlin
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 6:33 PM, Merlin said:

Lisse half-smiled at the elf as she clambered onto his beautiful horse. She loved Tom, but he was rather sway-backed from years of plowing, and her backside was bruised enough for a lifetime. She wondered if Gallen was just being nice, letting her ride with Macalaure, or if he had some strange reason. 

“I do not mind. It has been many ages since last I had cause you care for young ones, but I trust I have not utterly forgotten the manner of it.”

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.