Lord of the Rings RP, anyone?

King Aragorn of Gondor

7 minutes ago, Ookla the very snazzy said:

I kind of did actually... glad it was okay! I’ll repost the actual story part, as it may have gotten lost amidst the notes:

Macalaure watched from the shadows. The sounds of battle had woken him, merging with the greater one of his dreams.

Sighing, he drew his father’s blade. Bandits. Fools, wasting their short lives seeking to gain what was not theirs. But then, he was a son of Feanaro and they had never been fond of thieves.

Swift, he moved, dancing twixt the clumsy, oafish fools. In out of the shadows; to their eyes he seemed to be one, for such was the power of Luthien’s cloak. His sword - the first forged- struck true, once, twice, thrice. His enemies fell and his voice, greatest of those left in Endor; greatest of all his kin, perhaps; rose as he fought, weaving in and out of the Great Music of which Eru created all. 

When at last he paused, his song still, all those who fought lay dead before him. Macalaure raised his head, and his eyes shone with a light more pure than the sun and the moon at their first rising, which, indeed, those eyes had seen.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

Gallen stopped where he was, boaste held high as he watched the newcomer. "What it's an elf doing here in these lands? Magic like hasn't been seen in an age... so you must be old. The only question is, are you mad?" He'd met an insane elf once. It had been caused by some plague far to the north and east. He was lucky not to have gotten infected... though he might be a carrier. He doubted it, after all this time...

Macalaure laughed then, long and loud. ‘Mad? Perhaps I am. Certainly, many of my kin would call me so, when they do not name me worse. But I believe it easier for them to think me thus; far more difficult to name us sane, when speaking of all we wrought. And perhaps they are not wrong; mayhap we were mad. Maddened, certainly.

“But for myself, I would claim sanity. My deeds are my own, and I do not excuse them.”

“I have walked these lands from before the first rising of Rana and Vasa; long before the awakening of Men.

”As for how I came to join thee; I made my camp near this place and the sound of fighting woke me. But it was hardly a battle; I have seen such, and they are far more terrible than this small quarrel.”

This is a picture of Maglor by Jenny Dolfen, also known as Gold-Seven. She’s an awesome artist and has a blog on What’s App. I recommend visiting.

F7AA7CE3-1E19-401A-AAF6-4933E184FFDB.jpeg

He looked the elf over. "Maybe to you, but you have been alive a long time. Magic fades from the world, and wonders are no longer what they once could be. I'm afraid you come from a time long past, when greater things than men walked the earth. Most of your kinsmen have gone to the undying lands. Why haven't you?" Even he knew that much. 

24 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

He looked the elf over. "Maybe to you, but you have been alive a long time. Magic fades from the world, and wonders are no longer what they once could be. I'm afraid you come from a time long past, when greater things than men walked the earth. Most of your kinsmen have gone to the undying lands. Why haven't you?" Even he knew that much. 

“I am an exile; doomed to walk these lands ‘til the coming of Dagor Dagorath. There is no ship to bear me hence; but though I fade from memory, I shall not fade; such mercy, too, is lost to me; I had none for they who held my father’s gem, and so none may be had for me.”

Another sketch, same artist as before. I do envision him wearing Feanor’s star though.

1FFF0A54-00A3-4F0F-91CE-2F2BB2EEC626.jpeg

Macalaure smiled fondly, inclining his head in greeting. “Thou art welcome, granddaughter. How fair thy parents? Thy uncles, Elladin and Elrohir? Last I saw them, they bade farewell to my son, thy grandfather, Gilronde, whomst thou knowest as Elrond.”

Note: I DID say he raised Elrond and Elros. So he is her grandfather twice over. Also a very distant cousin.

Oof... quite the legend to live up to. 

He looked around. "Wonderful. I'm Gallen. Now we all know each other. Now, there is a fangirl that is completely helpless since someone thought it best to abandon her for what seemed like a suicide mission. Great plan, miss, but now there is a helpless, innocent, teenage girl on the road without anyone to keep her from bandits. How looking fo you expect her to stay alive? Or, in the best of cases, pure? I won't beg your forgiveness, I don't really care to excuse my rudeness. I'd rather save the maiden, so farewell. I pray I find her before we reach Bree." He turned, sheathing his sword and saving the cleaning for later. Bad, yes, but he was in a hurry. He leapt onto his horse, looking at them. "Will you accompany me, or do I ride alone?" He waited, though he wouldn't wait long. 

Yes. He's aware. 

Spoiler

Gallen is meant to be a brisk, gruff, generally annoyed fellow who is also very annoying. Mainly because he acts like he doesn't care about others emotions or existences. He's faced with a being that it's so far beyond his ability to handle that it terrifies him. Shop he's running. He doesn't care much for knowing the name of a person who can kill a squadron of orcs and men in a few short minutes. He'd rather get away from him and help who he can.

He nodded. "He will. Get on, and let us ride. Fine day to meet a friend." He waited, looking at the road where she'd gone. 

Just now, ShadowLord_Lith said:

He nodded. "He will. Get on, and let us ride. Fine day to meet a friend." He waited, looking at the road where she'd gone. 

(Got it.)

Macalaure laid one gloves hand upon the horse’s flank, ignoring the pain with little. It was his constant companion, as it had been for eons now; there was naught to be done about it; the cursed wound merely another penance for his crimes. 

He swung lightly up, onto the steed, Luthien’s dark cloak fluttering about him; his dark hair, in twisted coils, thumping lightly against the harp concealed beneath. His knees gripped the flanks with practiced ease as he settled in place.

”Then let us make haste to thy companion.”

He nodded. "Good. Lynn, on your horse or stay behind. Either way, we'll meet you in Bree. Let's go." He flicked the reins and called out in elvish as he kicked into his horses sides. It was pronounced awkwardly, but still clearly meant 'with haste'. He needed a lot of practice before he'd speak elvish fluently. 

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

27 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

He nodded. "Good. Lynn, on your horse or stay behind. Either way, we'll meet you in Bree. Let's go." He flicked the reins and called out in elvish as he kicked into his horses sides. It was pronounced awkwardly, but still clearly meant 'with haste'. He needed a lot of practice before he'd speak elvish fluently. 

Macalaure balances with the ease of long practice, enjoying the feel of riding. He had not done so in some years, but here, at least, the stories were true; some things one does not forget easily. Or at all, it seemed.

Soon, they neared Bree.

Lynn got on her horse, then remembered the arrow wound on her shoulder, and sighed.  This was going to be a long day.  When Macalaure mentioned her lineage she answered saying, "I haven't seen them in a while.  I would appreciate it if you didn't mention that to anyone else."  She was SO tired. @Kingsdaughter613 @ShadowLord_Lith

1 minute ago, Ookla the very snazzy said:

Lynn got on her horse, then remembered the arrow wound on her shoulder, and sighed.  This was going to be a long day.  When Macalaure mentioned her lineage she answered saying, "I haven't seen them in a while.  I would appreciate it if you didn't mention that to anyone else."  She was SO tired. @Kingsdaughter613 @ShadowLord_Lith

(Nothing to add really, but good luck getting Cano to stop talking about his kids and grandkids. He’s a proud grandpa! He brings up his random grandkids ALL the time. Expect not to know most of them.

(He also likes to talk about his brothers, his nephew, his cousins, etc. Also the horrible things he’s done; I am going to have him sing the Noldolante at some point.)

Macalaure quietly sung a hymn of Oromë, his powerful voice barely audible. Spurred by the song, the horse moved swifter than it ever had before, touched by the echo of the Song of the Great Rider.

Macalaure was singing, it was an old song.  One of the Great Rider, one of hope.  Lynn quietly joined in, her high elvish voice blending nicely with Macalaure's.  Storm was keeping up well with His horse, but his horse looked a fine breed, one of Rohan's, maybe?  Storm was born and raised in Rohan, but was sired by Shadowfax and one of Rohan's finest battle mates.  "Where is he from?"  She asked, nodding towards his horse. @Kingsdaughter613

31 minutes ago, Ookla the very snazzy said:

Macalaure was singing, it was an old song.  One of the Great Rider, one of hope.  Lynn quietly joined in, her high elvish voice blending nicely with Macalaure's.  Storm was keeping up well with His horse, but his horse looked a fine breed, one of Rohan's, maybe?  Storm was born and raised in Rohan, but was sired by Shadowfax and one of Rohan's finest battle mates.  "Where is he from?"  She asked, nodding towards his horse. @Kingsdaughter613

(Maglor is riding with Gallen.)

Macalaure frowned. “I do not sing of hope child. Hope is the province of Eärendil, and I doubt he holds any fondness for me. Thou art another matter. 

“I sing of wind and earth and the ring of horses hooves. I sing of Oromë and Nahar, his steed, and the Great Journey. 

“I sing of long journeys made swift with song; tired legs growing strong with the Sun’s first rising.

”But of hope I do not sing; it is not mine, and I have none.”

1 minute ago, Ookla the very snazzy said:

"Well, that's depressing."  Lynn said.  "This song should be of hope, of the joy of doing something right, simply because it is."  Lynn said, this song should be sung in a voice of hope, not of sadness and of pain and loss. @Kingsdaughter613

“In the Song Eärendil is hope. But I slew his people, stole his sons, and, were it not for the mercy of Ulmo, his wife, too, would have perished by our hands. Ill were those deeds and yet! The theft of his sons, who became mine, I cannot regret in true; such joy they brought my brother and I; in our despair they were our one comfort.

“And, too, Eärendil’s star aught to be my birthright; it is naught but the Silmaril of my father. But for my sins, the slaying of my kin, it spurned me.

“Doomed and damned I have become, by my deeds and by my Oath. And still! If the stars were mine to grasp, or the seas’ depths, or the bowels of the earth - still would I be drawn and blood again spill, seeking that which may never again be mine - for am I not a son of Fëanaro!

”And so granddaughter, I am without hope. For only Eru may free me from those cursed words; but He will not. My Doom is of my own design; the punishment borne of my own deeds. There is no hope for me in all of Arda; thus I do not sing of it.”