Lord of the Rings RP, anyone?

King Aragorn of Gondor

Lisse was a tad bewildered. No, more than a tad. She'd only wanted a bit of ale after a long day, and this insane girl who hung out with shady guys had invited her on a quest, just like the stories of Gandalf the Grey. "I suppose this is my punishment for sneaking a drink every once in a while, eh?" She mumbled to the sky. Lisse's horse, Tom Bombadil, nuzzled her neck, soaking Lisse's new cloak.

Nym went to survey everyone's progress, her horse being already saddled and ready.  She walked up the girl but saw that she and her hr horse were having a moment and went to check on the other guy, she saw a nice looking stallion with him and asked, "What's his name?  He's a fine horse."  She and Storm had spent a year in Rohan while going through the horse-rider bonding and she had learned how to be a pretty good judge of horseflesh.  She saddled up before the man could say anything and waited for a response. @ShadowLord_Lith

On 12/17/2019 at 7:57 PM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

He smiled sadly, sighing. "Minas. It's an elvish word, I think. Anyways, please lead the way, fair maiden." He saddled up his horse and hopped on, ready to ride and losing his smile for a serious, calm expression. 

Minas, she knew what it meant, tower, the name held power and emotion, this emotion was stability, safty, unlike English, elvish words were more than words, there were feelings that came with them.  "Let's go."  She checked for the girl and saw that she was saddled up and ready to go, but where was the other man?  @Ookla the Ninja @ShadowLord_Lith @Merlin

Edited by Ookla the very snazzy

Lynn settled into Storm's back, content, and started the journey southwest.  She quickly took inventory of her weapons, 2 enchanted daggers, 2 throwing knives, her elvin bow and arrows, her side elvin sword, and her long sword.  That should be okay.  She wondered if this was normal, she had named all her weapons after people of legends, that was normal right?  Normal people did that.  She saw that the men were speaking to each other and trotted up to them.  She asked "Are we all good?" @ShadowLord_Lith @Ookla the Ninja

Lynn thought about the question for a while, should she tell him and risk him asking more questions, or should she just tell him, he was going to figure something out eventually.  Instead she just shrugged and turned Storm around and had him galloping in no time.  @ShadowLord_Lith

"How'd we get here, Bombadil?" I mutter into my horse's ear. "I wanted a little drink to clear my head, and now..." I trail off, looking down the road a little ways, where the girl, Lynn, is riding near the blond guy and the shady fellow who I swear is a Ranger.

Gallen drew his bow and aimed an arrow, glaring at the men. "You leave, you live. You stay, you die. You attack us... you won't even know what hit you. She has elvish weapons. Do you really want to learn what elvish steel tastes like? Not many enjoy the experience..." He kept alert, trying to sense if the bandits had circled behind or not. 

The Bandits sneered and began to charge them, they didn't seem to mind that Lynn had elvish weapons and she knew how to use them.  Lynn urged Storm on to the bandit leader, quickly assessing their odds, about fifteen bandits against the four of them.  Good odds.  She rammed her side sword through his gut, taking him by surprise, Storm nearing another bandit she swiftly took care of that one too.  @ShadowLord_Lith @Merlin @Ookla the Ninja

A dirty bandit screamed as Lisse kicked him smack between the eyes. Lynn was busy impaling another fellow, and Gallen was shooting left and right. Did normal people carry around multiple weapons all the time? No! For the fourth or fifth time that night, Lisse found herself regretting ever coming to the Prancing Pony. Another bandit (Where did they keep COMING from?) snuck up behind her horse. Lisse shrieked and startled Tom, who wheeled around in panic, tossing the bandit to the side. Poor Tom... he was used to plowing fields and giving little children rides on his back, not fending off dirty highwaymen in the dead of night. Come to think of it, so was Lisse. @ShadowLord_Lith @Ookla the very snazzy

Edited by Merlin

On 12/20/2019 at 1:18 PM, Merlin said:

A dirty bandit screamed as Lisse kicked him smack between the eyes. Lynn was busy impaling another fellow, and Gallen was shooting left and right. Did normal people carry around multiple weapons all the time? No! For the fourth or fifth time that night, Lisse found herself regretting ever coming to the Prancing Pony. Another bandit (Where did they keep COMING from?) snuck up behind her horse. Lisse shrieked and startled Tom, who wheeled around in panic, tossing the bandit to the side. Poor Tom... he was used to plowing fields and giving little children rides on his back, not fending off dirty highwaymen in the dead of night. Come to think of it, so was Lisse. @ShadowLord_Lith @Ookla the very snazzy

Gallen calmly released arrow after arrow, moving to get off of hits horse. He'd need to get those arrows back if at all possible... once on the ground, he pulled out his shirt sword and knife- he had a long sword, but here it wasn't needed. He began killing the men effectively and efficiently, using ad few cuts as possible and ad little movement as possible to bring them down. He left their movement do most of the work, and they practically impaled themselves and slit their own stomachs and necks as they charged him and he stepped just barely out of the way. It was a level of killing power expected of a soldier with the precision and efficiency of a ranger. Not on the level of an elf, but as close as humanly possible. "Hey,  girl, you didn't actually travel without a weapon did you? No one ever does that. Bandits are far too common... highwaymen, brigands, thieves, robbers, criminals, bandits, goblins, ogres, even the elves and knights of foreign countries... if you don't travel with a weapon, you're almost guaranteed to be dead. It's common practice. If you don't know that, you probably never really left your village, did you?" He spoke calmly, making idle conversation as if he had absolutely no fear and wasn't even breaking a sweat- he was, but only a very light one. He was letting the bandits tire themselves while he stayed mostly fresh. It was an even scarier tactic if one knew what someone actively seeking your death was like. If the bandits couldn't run away because if exhaustion, he'd be able to slaughter them mercilessly. 

On 12/24/2019 at 10:42 AM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

"Hey,  girl, you didn't actually travel without a weapon did you? No one ever does that. Bandits are far too common... highwaymen, brigands, thieves, robbers, criminals, bandits, goblins, ogres, even the elves and knights of foreign countries... if you don't travel with a weapon, you're almost guaranteed to be dead. It's common practice. If you don't know that, you probably never really left your village, did you?" He spoke calmly, making idle conversation as if he had absolutely no fear and wasn't even breaking a sweat- he was, but only a very light one. He was letting the bandits tire themselves while he stayed mostly fresh. It was an even scarier tactic if one knew what someone actively seeking your death was like. If the bandits couldn't run away because if exhaustion, he'd be able to slaughter them mercilessly. 

Lisse had ended up hiding behind Gallen as he slaughtered bandits like her cousins smashed tiny bugs. When he asked why she didn't carry weapons... "WHAT!?" She yelled, "Is that what you people expect of me? To- to constantly be ready to kill anyone who stands in my way? And of course, I don't know these things! Since the War for the Ring, there aren't supposed to BE any vagabonds along the trails!" @ShadowLord_Lith

The few bandits left scattered and ran.  Lynn sheathed her sword and daggers and heard Lessie talking about how the world was supposed to be perfect.  Yeah, well, that's life.  She thought.  She looked over the bandits belongings and found, what was that?  A map to their fortress.  Bandits, always carrying the most obvious things.  "Anyone want to storm a stronghold?"  She asked, "This will take a few hours, but we get to kill some bandits and possibly a clan of orcs."  They had co-aligned with eachother a while back.  @Ookla the Ninja @ShadowLord_Lith @Merlin

He shrugged, nodding to the party leader. Looking at the younger girl, he hummed in distaste. "No. I expect people to take basic safety precautions... I was a soldier not terribly long ago- human kingdoms are still at war, bandits are still roaming the land- human corruption doesn't die just because the source of the poison is gone. We're still tainted- that will forever be a fact. I'll get you a knife and a bow from someplace- you can have one I'd these men's knives. If someone attacks you, kill them without hesitation. If you enter a fight- it's your life or theirs. Until you're as skilled as I am, at least, there isn't a third option." He began looking over the bodies, searching for the best knife to give the girl. He'd been a soldier only three years ago, and becoming a ranger like he had... that had been easier than he'd expected. He'd only needed to learn the now and the ways if the forest. He was far from done learning, but what he had was sufficient for now. He could learn the rest on his own.