Anger Never Fades

Ark1002

3 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

The woman snorted.

"Do you even need to ask?" she said. "We're going to kill her."

KanMien smiled. "Good enough," she said, and walked towards her, releasing the bonds that were keeping her in place. As she waited for the woman to stand up she called Kumiko. "Change of plans," she spoke into the phone. "They're hunting a target I, or well, the DA, has been looking for for a while, so we'll be working together for a bit. Can you come to where I am?" She paused for a bit, waiting for Kumiko to answer. "No, don't tell anyone, we can solve this by ourselves, and getting approval for sending larger amounts of people takes time, we'll do this as the DoCI."

Turning off the phone she turned to the woman. "Let's go deal with this," she said.

I'm guessing we should probably time-skip to whatever else we should go to? Not sure what that is though.

On 4/24/2020 at 7:54 AM, Grey Knight said:

A beam hit the giant square in its eye, setting it on fire. It stumbled away, cursing in some foul language.

"Oh, come on," said a voice from behind the one-eyed marine. "Do I have to do everything myself?"

Intercessory stepped forward and lifted Golda from the cage with his claws. He dashed forward, climbing the stairs with unnatural speed. He looked down and smiled at Golda, warp-flames crackling around his exposed skull.

"Miss me, darling?" he said.

~-~-~-~-~

An massive, armored hand scooped up Compile.

"Time to go, little one," said Brother-sergeant Pietr, as he looked at the swirling maelstrom of energy around Crow. "Our part is done." He turned around and dashed down the street, holding on tightly to Compile.

And from the nearby shadows and hidden places stepped a dozen Dark Angels garbed in robes. They walked slowly towards the purple fog around Crow, encircling it.

The stairs, as Golda is being brought up, begin to shake even more heavily, and just after they get past, a wall falls in, filling the passageway with dirt, stone, and bricks. Back in the cell of the Wered's, the ceiling is starting to groan, all of it bowing as if it's about to fall. In the hallway, it seems the masonry had multiple levels, because layers of bricks are falling, and starting to block up the cells.

~-~-~-~-~

The scream echoing out, the throaty voice, cuts off, and the fog suddenly blasts outward, spears of purple and black death shooting in all directions, spearing any in the way, along with buildings and structures nearby. In the center is Crow, but not like she was when she went in. Clothes ripped, torn, almost non-existant. Hair an oily black, eyes turned a solid scarlet. Purple and black fog incircling her feet, hands, and neck. The feet have a faint line connecting them, as do the hands, and a fainter line connecting the neck to the hands, to the feet. Any who look close would easily make the connection that these are magical chains, though they don't appear to restrain much.

Strangest of all, the unearthly pale leg replacing the destroyed one, as if it had never seen the light of day.

As she stands, straight again, the tears that soak her face seemingly out of place, she sticks her head in the air, breathing deeply, the shield still in place. An eerie smile stretches across Crow's face, entirely out of place, as if the lips are being contorted by strings. The shardblade drops into her hand again, and the shield drops, as her scarlet eyes lock on Brother-sergeant Pietr, and she begins sprinting, the line lengthening and shrinking, giving her pure control- or at least, giving something pure control. She moves faster then she ever could have before, running through a lamp post, breaking it under her. The metal splintering slashes across the face, and for a second, something within tries to flinch, but whatever is in charge keeps sprinting, uncaring for the damage caused, and is almost caught up, ignoring any weapon firing against her.

@Silva

On 4/24/2020 at 10:54 AM, Grey Knight said:

A beam hit the giant square in its eye, setting it on fire. It stumbled away, cursing in some foul language.

"Oh, come on," said a voice from behind the one-eyed marine. "Do I have to do everything myself?"

Intercessory stepped forward and lifted Golda from the cage with his claws. He dashed forward, climbing the stairs with unnatural speed. He looked down and smiled at Golda, warp-flames crackling around his exposed skull.

"Miss me, darling?" he said.

Golda was quite confused, but did her best not to show it. That, of course, meant her eyes were furiously darting all over the place, searching for something she recognized. These attempts were in vain.

"Should I have?" she replied, barely keeping herself from demanding he let her use her own two legs to ran. Only the crumbling of the building allowed Golda to stop herself from opening her mouth.

On 4/27/2020 at 8:08 PM, Arcc1002 said:

The scream echoing out, the throaty voice, cuts off, and the fog suddenly blasts outward, spears of purple and black death shooting in all directions, spearing any in the way, along with buildings and structures nearby. In the center is Crow, but not like she was when she went in. Clothes ripped, torn, almost non-existant. Hair an oily black, eyes turned a solid scarlet. Purple and black fog incircling her feet, hands, and neck. The feet have a faint line connecting them, as do the hands, and a fainter line connecting the neck to the hands, to the feet. Any who look close would easily make the connection that these are magical chains, though they don't appear to restrain much.

Strangest of all, the unearthly pale leg replacing the destroyed one, as if it had never seen the light of day.

As she stands, straight again, the tears that soak her face seemingly out of place, she sticks her head in the air, breathing deeply, the shield still in place. An eerie smile stretches across Crow's face, entirely out of place, as if the lips are being contorted by strings. The shardblade drops into her hand again, and the shield drops, as her scarlet eyes lock on Brother-sergeant Pietr, and she begins sprinting, the line lengthening and shrinking, giving her pure control- or at least, giving something pure control. She moves faster then she ever could have before, running through a lamp post, breaking it under her. The metal splintering slashes across the face, and for a second, something within tries to flinch, but whatever is in charge keeps sprinting, uncaring for the damage caused, and is almost caught up, ignoring any weapon firing against her.

OOC for a second.

1. What in Harmony's name is going on here?

2. Can we have an accurate Crow character sheet? The last one in existence that I've found (from E2) still has her gender down as male...

3. Is this new development defeatable without a whole lot of aluminum foil, Voidus or the Stranger, a Shardblade, Nightblood, or some other obscure thing not currently available?

EDIT: 4. If the answer to 3 is 'no', can we reconsider out of respect to Grey's request on the previous page and the sake of finishing before May 15th?

Edited by Silva

Bob stood not far off from the rest, he had dune his trick to get back strength, if only for a few hours. He was studying the scourge marks when he felt a small itch in the back of his head, a feeling that he'd learned ment his targets, in this case the Wereds, where in danger. He looked at freedom, keeping himself calm.

"Where do you want me to be at?" He asked.

@Silva

On 4/29/2020 at 1:17 AM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

"Where do you want me to be at?" He asked.

Freedom glanced at Honerva, unsure of an answer. An unexpected mess apparently was going on, complicating matters. She regretted involving Tels and Bob, now. This wasn't a simple "get in, shoot some stuff, get out" matter. There was now another floating variable that could be volatile if reacted to incorrectly.

"Watch the doors-" she started to say, when a tremble from the manor carried over to where they were. An exterior stone decoration fell from the building. Others followed soon after. 

Freedom swore under her breath, turned, and ran out of the warehouse, towards the manor. Pry kept herself from reprimanding the foul language. That could be dealt with later.

"I'm going after her," Pry told the others before going to chase her sister.

@Grey Knight @Truthless of Shinovar

On 4/27/2020 at 8:08 PM, Ark1002 said:

Compile stared over Pietr's shoulder. They were moving quickly, but Crow, or whatever it was, would catch up momentarily. And there was no telling what the weird mess of Investiture would do. For all her trying to anticipate everything, Compile was caught off guard. 

Mostly.

It was true she'd come unarmed. Without anything on her, though? No. Some things were never left at home. 

Like two hair bands. One never knew when they might want to pull their hair back into pigtails. Or shoot one.

She looped the band around her thumb and the tip of her index finger, pulling it tight. Aiming in Crow's general direction, she lowered her thumb, sending the hair band flying.

The point wasn't to cause damage, rather to test a hypothesis. Typically, an ordinary person would be surprised when something came zinging towards them. However, if the person made no response, it was likely that their instincts were being hindered and controlled by something else. In that case, Compile would simply have to hope that that something else grew tired and went away because she had no real knowledge or experience with "something else"s.

On 5/5/2020 at 1:34 PM, kenod said:

Is it okay if KanMien and Kumiko but in? (do the Chaos marines know about this fight?)

I'm going to answer this, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Grey.

Since we never explicitly stated how much anyone knew or didn't know, it might be possible for the person they spoke to to have known. So, of course. Feel free to show up. ^_^

Note: Crow is currently on Scadrial, not in AlleyCity.

@Grey Knight

Blam. A shot hits Crow, in the back of the neck, as the Space Marine keeps running Compile away. Crow is getting close, nearly there. Blam, blam. The next two shots manage to easily pierce the armor, and blood shoots out in streams. Crow keeps running, and the Space Marine begins to sprint full tilt. Blam, blam, blam, blam. Blood pouring out of different parts of the body. Crow is slowing, but the space marine is tired. Blam, blam, blam. The blade drops catching the space marines armor, slicing through but... crow... couldn't... go on... blam blam blam blam blam blam blam. Darkness.

~-~-~-~-~

Space marines enter the house, about thirty of them. Grabbing the Wered's, pulling them outside of the house. One got crushed under a falling brick, and another was broken to a massive extent. But all the Wered's got out safely.