Anger Never Fades

Ark1002

The man reached out his other arm, wrapping it around the man's neck. He lifted him into the air, squeezing tight.

"I'll take you to her. We'll see if you're still alive by the time we get there."

He walked inside, slamming the door, and began to walk down.

"CROW!"

~-~-~-~-~

Crow looked up, having just grabbed the metal. She cursed, setting it down. Then she stood, opening and looking the door.

She watched as the horneater set down an unconscious man, neck bruised, on the ground.

"Has message."

Crow nodded, then settled down on one knee, to wait.

On 1/22/2020 at 5:56 PM, kenod said:

KanMien looked at him, then at the slaughter around them. "I'd say that will depend on what answers they give us," she said, her voice and expression cold as ice

Scene: A DA interrogation lab, deep within one of the many mind-twisting alleys.

A woman lounged in the middle of an empty room with walls of silver. She was not handsome- the scar shaped like a pentagram on her face prevented that- nor was she frightening. She looked thin, malnourished and worn by the passage of time.

She was also supposed to be shackled to the chair. The handcuffs lay on the ground, snapped in two. 

The door opened. The woman looked up, sneering. 

"Took you long enough," she said. "Do you want me to spill the beans, or not?"

@kenod

1 hour ago, Arcc1002 said:

Crow nodded, then settled down on one knee, to wait.

The Wereds exchanged looks from one another. Viness focused particularly long on Golda, silently asking her to keep her mouth shut and stay still.

Golda, completely oblivious to her gaze, walked up to the front of the cell. The others followed her, albeit a bit slower.

---

The first thing the messenger noticed when he finally woke up was that he was no longer outside. Indoors. In a dungeon it seemed. 

He noticed a group of children in a cell, confirming the dungeon theory.

He noticed the horneater was there too. "I can walk, you know," he said. He rubbed his neck gingerly. It felt bent out of shape from the rough treatment.

Then he noticed the insane looking kneeling woman staring intently at him. "Ms. Crow, I presume? I've got an urgent letter for you from L. Acute." At least, he was pretty sure it was an L like he'd told the horneater earlier. He could've read it wrong. Might've just been a tilted C. Some people had pretty bad handwriting.

The letter, at least, was in his pocket where he'd left it. He took it out and held it in her direction.

Its contents inside of the envelope are as follows:

Dear Crow,

I received your kind letter. Sorry for the late response. It's true, people don't understand a lot of things. You do, though, and because of that, I'd like to speak with you again. There's a playground a block from the Wereds' home. I'll be there, unarmed. I expect you to come the same way. Of course, we both know that you could beat me in hand-to-hand combat without any difficulty at all. Let this be a sign that my intentions are true. I am putting myself almost entirely in your hands.

Sincerely,

Compile Acute

---

Light? Golda thought. Why would she of all of them try to contact Crow?

It seemed so out of character. She was the cousin who had ended up the most physically traumatized. To reach out to her former captor would take a strength Golda didn't think she held. 

But maybe she has reached it. Maybe she wants us to be spared at her expense.

Golda strongly disliked people who went for the "noble sacrifice" option. She preferred to get her way without the sacrifice part.

---

Compile Acute sat on the swing of a playground. She swayed a little back and forth, but didn't get to high. She wasn't pumping her legs. Her mind was elsewhere, busy thinking through possibilities of the future.

Currently, none of them looked all that great.

Edited by Silva
Word choice.

6 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

Scene: A DA interrogation lab, deep within one of the many mind-twisting alleys.

A woman lounged in the middle of an empty room with walls of silver. She was not handsome- the scar shaped like a pentagram on her face prevented that- nor was she frightening. She looked thin, malnourished and worn by the passage of time.

She was also supposed to be shackled to the chair. The handcuffs lay on the ground, snapped in two. 

The door opened. The woman looked up, sneering. 

"Took you long enough," she said. "Do you want me to spill the beans, or not?"

@kenod

KanMien simply looked at her, face expressionless. Deep inside she felt glad she had managed to prevent Kumiko from coming along for this. There were certain things that she didn't need to see. Silently she walked over to the table next to the woman, unpacking the roll she had brought with her, lining up various spikes, hammers, syringes, drugs and knives.

"Officially, yes." She finally answered the woman, little emotion audible in her voice. "The higher-ups want answers for why you took the actions you did, as well as information on your group." For a second a small smile was visible on her face, but it disappeared as quickly as it had come. "Of course, that's the official stance. Unofficially... You killed a number of acolytes, and I haven't like you lot ever since your involvement with the Den of Thieves. Personally I think you deciding not to answer would be a nice bit of catharsis. Also..." she smiled again, tapping one of the spikes. "There's the small matter of some group in R&D wanting to do some experiment, and they figured this would be a good opportunity. Now personally I figure that having our captive go insane before extracting meaningful info would be a waste, but they pulled in some favours. So... to answer your question, I don't think anybody cares that much about what you choose, except maybe for you, since it'll avoid wasting time on all this."

Crow nodded slowly after reading it, crumpling the paper in her fist.

She shut her eyes, breathing slowly out.

Master, what should I do?

Do as I did.

She opened them, and her eyes had gone a milky pink-red.

Please. I need more.

A pause.

I took up a small, temporary treaty with my enemy. The one who killed my son.

Yes master.

Her eyes closed, and a small shiver ran through her body, and a deep guttural sound echoed from her throat as her head fell back.

Her eyes opened again, revealing, for the first time, her natural eye color. Sparkling emerald green. Unlike her plump face turned gaunt, her dead looking hair, and her dry and cracked lips, the eyes... the eyes are stunning.

As she sits there, a vortex of violet fills the eyes back up.

Her voice echoes out, for a second sounding for all the world like a normal woman, but as the first word comes out, transfering to her 'normal' voice, an echoing, deep sound.

"Patience is needed. I will meet with this person."

She stood, slowly stretching.

"I'm leaving. To meet with... an old friend. Guard the dungeon well, and set up all traps."

She began walking out, sliding the helmet onto her head, which seals with a sharp click. She turns her head, voice back to it's full depth of demonic evil. She sounded like this was just a second thought.

"Oh yes... kill the messenger."

She walked out of the room, slamming the door shut with a loud clang.

@Silva

On 3/1/2020 at 3:15 PM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

“That sounds like a good plan,” Tels said. “Set up camp nearby, study the battlefield, and wait for an opening when Crow won’t be expecting to be attacked. Preferably, we can sneak in, get the kids, sneak out, and get them to someplace safe where Crow can’t find them until we deal with her. Does anybody know someplace that Crow is guaranteed not to know about?”

Sorry for the delay.

"Non-issue," Freedom said. "There's a reason she only left notes for my siblings and me--she feared an outright attack against our house. After last time, Space Marines began to protect our family. They believed Crow had been their responsiblity that got loose. How accurate that is can be debated, but at the moment, they keep her away. If we can return the Wereds to Scadrial, we're good."

She looked at the skull again. "Do you have any pertinent information to give us or should we get moving?"

@Grey Knight @Chasmfiend#1

34 minutes ago, Arcc1002 said:

She walked out of the room, slamming the door shut with a loud clang.

"She has friends?" Clove blurted out in a whisper.

Semb shot him a sharp look. "Clove!"

"She's not here anymore," he said sheepishly.

Golda paced the length of the cell. Horizon and Moss scrambled out of her way before she plowed between them. 

Then she stopped. "Mr. Horneater? Would you be willing to toss the messenger in here with us? It's basically a death sentence anyways and it means you do less work. Besides, who'd be able to tell that there aren't actually just seventeen of us Wereds?"

The messenger had a bewildered expression on his face. However, it was apparent that he did share the Wereds coloration, even if his features were starkly different.

The horneater paused, turning. "No. Crow get very mad." He chuckled, and pantomimed slitting his own throat. "That would be death." He leered down at the children. "I... will not make watch." He turned to the messenger. "And... I am sorry." He hefted his gun, and pulled out a walkie talkie. "Full guard. Basement formation." He grabbed the messenger by the collar, and started to drag him away, as clanking, thuds, shouting, and cursing, echoes from upstairs.

Small holes begin to open up in the floor and ceiling, and on the walls, traps priming. The bars of the cells open up small slits, metal covering them, leaving the Wered's in total dark.

@Silva

On 3/26/2020 at 9:33 PM, Silva said:

"Non-issue," Freedom said. "There's a reason she only left notes for my siblings and me--she feared an outright attack against our house. After last time, Space Marines began to protect our family. They believed Crow had been their responsiblity that got loose. How accurate that is can be debated, but at the moment, they keep her away. If we can return the Wereds to Scadrial, we're good."

She looked at the skull again. "Do you have any pertinent information to give us or should we get moving?"

"We move." The skull wobbled towards the window. "Meet me at the abandoned warehouse in the manor district. Bring weapons."

With that, the servo-skull flew out of the window.

@Silva

On 3/26/2020 at 6:36 PM, kenod said:

KanMien simply looked at her, face expressionless. Deep inside she felt glad she had managed to prevent Kumiko from coming along for this. There were certain things that she didn't need to see. Silently she walked over to the table next to the woman, unpacking the roll she had brought with her, lining up various spikes, hammers, syringes, drugs and knives.

"Officially, yes." She finally answered the woman, little emotion audible in her voice. "The higher-ups want answers for why you took the actions you did, as well as information on your group." For a second a small smile was visible on her face, but it disappeared as quickly as it had come. "Of course, that's the official stance. Unofficially... You killed a number of acolytes, and I haven't like you lot ever since your involvement with the Den of Thieves. Personally I think you deciding not to answer would be a nice bit of catharsis. Also..." she smiled again, tapping one of the spikes. "There's the small matter of some group in R&D wanting to do some experiment, and they figured this would be a good opportunity. Now personally I figure that having our captive go insane before extracting meaningful info would be a waste, but they pulled in some favours. So... to answer your question, I don't think anybody cares that much about what you choose, except maybe for you, since it'll avoid wasting time on all this."

The smile faded from the woman's face. 

"Right," she said, sounding serious. "Forgot you spikey lot had the humor of bloodletter." She sighed, leaning forward and fidgeting with her hands. "I... I might not be supposed to say this, but- we were going after a traitor in our numbers. A demi-god named Crow. You know, the one behind the Den of Thieves. And, well, apparently she was going to be meeting with some Black Crusade higher-ups. Some kind of hush-hush negotiations. They were going to meet at... Dove Manor? I think it was?"

@kenod

Now, obviously the Black Crusade stuff is untrue. But it seems in-character for a Chaos cultist to try and spread distrust even while they're being helpful.

On 4/1/2020 at 10:54 PM, Grey Knight said:

The smile faded from the woman's face. 

"Right," she said, sounding serious. "Forgot you spikey lot had the humor of bloodletter." She sighed, leaning forward and fidgeting with her hands. "I... I might not be supposed to say this, but- we were going after a traitor in our numbers. A demi-god named Crow. You know, the one behind the Den of Thieves. And, well, apparently she was going to be meeting with some Black Crusade higher-ups. Some kind of hush-hush negotiations. They were going to meet at... Dove Manor? I think it was?"

KanMien blinked, and then frowned. She had seen the name Crow before, on the reports on the Den of Thieves, and a few months ago as well in the reports on PlasmaCore, though her actual relation to them wasn't fully known, though there was the fact that some Marines and one of their ships showed up during the opening stage of the incident. And even more recently, there had been reports of activity in the underworld of the city, certain aspects of which could be attributed to Crow, when she looked at it in a certain way."

She thought about what to do. Normally she'd be expected to report this, but the person she had to report it to was gone, she had found out about this before going to the Woodwyrd, after all. Besides, she did have a fair bit of leeway in her actions. Finally she nodded. "Can you tell me what you're planning on doing with her?" She asked. "We might be able to offer help. After all, we have some interest in her as well."

@Grey Knight

Edited by kenod

On 3/26/2020 at 8:45 AM, Silva said:

Compile Acute sat on the swing of a playground. She swayed a little back and forth, but didn't get to high. She wasn't pumping her legs. Her mind was elsewhere, busy thinking through possibilities of the future.

Currently, none of them looked all that great.

Crow approached the park as dusk fell, wearing only a black leather jacket and a couple of pewter bracelets. Any who saw her would probably assume her a koloss-blooded, perhaps a pewter ferring tapping as well.

She walked into the park, and settled down onto a slide across from Compile. The slide groaned, bending at a harsh angle, but remained unbroken.

Crow Blackice looked up at Compile, eyes a burning charcoal blaze. "Hello girl."

On 4/1/2020 at 5:54 PM, Grey Knight said:

"We move." The skull wobbled towards the window. "Meet me at the abandoned warehouse in the manor district. Bring weapons."

With that, the servo-skull flew out of the window.

"She knows something and she's not telling us what," Freedom said, looking at Pry.

"Not everything is a trick, Free. Some things are what they appear at first glance," Pry said. She'd crossed the room and knelt down by the bookshelf. From under it, she took out a sheathed knife. Pry handed it to Freedom. "I'd give you a lecture on this weapon, but to be honest, I don't know anything about it and I don't think you care. I also don't want you to actually have to use it."

Freedom put it in an inside pocket where it was accessible, but not obviously so. She didn't want to use it either. To harm another and...draw blood. She felt her mind rebelling even at the thought.

No. You are getting over that "little fear of blood". she thought, remembering Lusk's distinctive description of it. It has no power over you. Just like Crow doesn't.

She swallowed. "I have no right to argue with Honerva. She knows better than we do." 

With that Freedom strode out the door.

Pry, however, waited. She didn't like the thought of leaving two strangers in the apartment where Juon and Tino still lay asleep. 

@Truthless of Shinovar @Chasmfiend#1

21 hours ago, Arcc1002 said:

Crow Blackice looked up at Compile, eyes a burning charcoal blaze. "Hello girl."

Compile started to tap zinc.

"Hello, Crow," she said, standing up the swing. She walked behind it and rested her knee on the seat. Her hands clenched the chains tightly. "Thank you for coming. I'm sure this was very out of the way for you, given how busy you've been lately. I almost expected you not to show up."

For once, the little girl didn't have her hair in pigtails. It lay flat, with the exception of a curl of two popping up randomly. A strand of hair fell in front of her right eye. The lock partially obscured the Ghostblood symbol on her forehead.

She hoisted her other knee onto the swing and embraced the slight sway back and forth. "Why did you come? I've never considered myself all that persuasive in writing. Or in person, for that matter." Compile bit her lip uncertainly. "If you say that you came to kill me, I'm going to be quite miffed, though. I always thought you had some respect for me."

On 4/3/2020 at 1:06 PM, Silva said:

"She knows something and she's not telling us what," Freedom said, looking at Pry.

"Not everything is a trick, Free. Some things are what they appear at first glance," Pry said. She'd crossed the room and knelt down by the bookshelf. From under it, she took out a sheathed knife. Pry handed it to Freedom. "I'd give you a lecture on this weapon, but to be honest, I don't know anything about it and I don't think you care. I also don't want you to actually have to use it."

Freedom put it in an inside pocket where it was accessible, but not obviously so. She didn't want to use it either. To harm another and...draw blood. She felt her mind rebelling even at the thought.

No. You are getting over that "little fear of blood". she thought, remembering Lusk's distinctive description of it. It has no power over you. Just like Crow doesn't.

She swallowed. "I have no right to argue with Honerva. She knows better than we do." 

Pry, however, waited. She didn't like the thought of leaving two strangers in the apartment where Juon and Tino still lay asleep. 

Bob picked up his map, folded it carefully, so as to not smudge the paper, and and began to follow. He knew what the plan was, get to the warehouse and rest up before striking. But he had a sneaking feeling that wouldn't happen, so he began bracing for his second option. It would be painful, but he would be physically ready to fight again. 

"Lets not waste time standing around," he said, gazing directly at Pry, then Tels, perhaps he could could get him to help with the process.

@Silva @Truthless of Shinovar @Grey Knight

On 4/3/2020 at 2:06 PM, Silva said:

Compile started to tap zinc.

"Hello, Crow," she said, standing up the swing. She walked behind it and rested her knee on the seat. Her hands clenched the chains tightly. "Thank you for coming. I'm sure this was very out of the way for you, given how busy you've been lately. I almost expected you not to show up."

For once, the little girl didn't have her hair in pigtails. It lay flat, with the exception of a curl of two popping up randomly. A strand of hair fell in front of her right eye. The lock partially obscured the Ghostblood symbol on her forehead.

She hoisted her other knee onto the swing and embraced the slight sway back and forth. "Why did you come? I've never considered myself all that persuasive in writing. Or in person, for that matter." Compile bit her lip uncertainly. "If you say that you came to kill me, I'm going to be quite miffed, though. I always thought you had some respect for me."

Crow chuckled, a hollow, scratchy sound. "I am not here to kill you. I am here to... parley. Find out what you want, what advantage you think this will give you, and take that advantage and twist it to my own." She seemed completely unconcerned with the fact that she'd just laid out her entire plan to the opponent, instead just sitting there, on the slide, fists clenching and unclenching as she examined the back of her hands. "So. What is it you have to say?"

On 4/5/2020 at 1:37 AM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

"Lets not waste time standing around," he said, gazing directly at Pry, then Tels, perhaps he could could get him to help with the process.

To save some time, I'm minorly god-modding here. If anyone believes this is an extreme usage of it, I'm happy to edit. ^_^

Pry ushered them through the door. On the other side, she double-locked it. 

They caught up to Freedom who was already on the ground level and walking in the right direction. 

21 hours ago, Arcc1002 said:

Crow chuckled, a hollow, scratchy sound. "I am not here to kill you. I am here to... parley. Find out what you want, what advantage you think this will give you, and take that advantage and twist it to my own." She seemed completely unconcerned with the fact that she'd just laid out her entire plan to the opponent, instead just sitting there, on the slide, fists clenching and unclenching as she examined the back of her hands. "So. What is it you have to say?"

"Alright." Compile grinned. It felt foreign on her face. She'd have to up the amount of time she wasted to prevent having worry lines by the time she was twelve. "I'll be blunt too."

Compile stared straight at Crow. She increased how much zinc she was tapping. "I want you to accept me as a willing hostage in exchange for my cousins. One or two, at the very least. Then, I intend to woo you into taking me under your wing, rather than treating me as a prisoner, and educating me in the art of evil. When I'm all nice and grown up, the two of us will either have an intense argument or you will happily let me go my way and join the DA to learn Hemalurgy. I will never surpass you, but I intend to make my name known in the Cosmere. And not just as that Atium Ferring's little sister, or a footnote listing the name of one of Crow's victims.

"I think that goes to your advantage quite a bit, if I may say so myself."

She swallowed.

Her cards were down.

Now it was Crow's turn.

Crow raised her eyebrows. "Curious. Very curious." She stood, leaving the slide with a large bend, and walked closer to Compile. She leaned down, looking the little girl directly in the face, her eyes fading to the pulse of a coal as they scanned back and forth on her face. "If this is what you wish, I will give you three of your cousins. Except the littlest two. Take your pick." She stands, back straightening to her full height, and flips up her head, red glowing eyes from within a hood of darkness. She crosses her arms, muscles bulging beneath the hoodie. "Hemalurgy is a delicate art. A beautiful craft that you must treat with great care. Make sure you are ready if that is what you wish to learn."

On 3/30/2020 at 10:44 PM, Arcc1002 said:

The horneater paused, turning. "No. Crow get very mad." He chuckled, and pantomimed slitting his own throat. "That would be death." He leered down at the children. "I... will not make watch." He turned to the messenger. "And... I am sorry." He hefted his gun, and pulled out a walkie talkie. "Full guard. Basement formation." He grabbed the messenger by the collar, and started to drag him away, as clanking, thuds, shouting, and cursing, echoes from upstairs.

Small holes begin to open up in the floor and ceiling, and on the walls, traps priming. The bars of the cells open up small slits, metal covering them, leaving the Wered's in total dark.

The sound of gunshots echoed through the walls of the basement. Deep and throaty, unlike the sound of conventional firearms. The screams came moments later, before being cut off by roaring bursts of fire. Then everything fell silent.

Minutes passed. Then, suddenly, the cells opened again. Light, bright and vicious, poured in. And looming over Golda was a spectre of death, glaring at her with a single, glowing eye.

@Silva @Arcc1002

Same disclaimer as last time applies.

They soon approached the warehouse. Freedom hesitated, looking over her shoulder. The others were still behind her.

The building looked abandoned. Worn wood, splintered in places.

She raised her hand and knocked.

@Truthless of Shinovar @Chasmfiend#1 @Grey Knight

On 4/7/2020 at 6:31 PM, Arcc1002 said:

Crow raised her eyebrows. "Curious. Very curious." She stood, leaving the slide with a large bend, and walked closer to Compile. She leaned down, looking the little girl directly in the face, her eyes fading to the pulse of a coal as they scanned back and forth on her face. "If this is what you wish, I will give you three of your cousins. Except the littlest two. Take your pick." She stands, back straightening to her full height, and flips up her head, red glowing eyes from within a hood of darkness. She crosses her arms, muscles bulging beneath the hoodie. "Hemalurgy is a delicate art. A beautiful craft that you must treat with great care. Make sure you are ready if that is what you wish to learn."

Compile took a step back, both physically and mentally. Crow was too close. Much too close. And, honestly, the scene must have looked hilarious to spectators. A woman three times the size looking down at a little girl. Now Compile almost wished she had decided to wear pigtails, just for the sake of humor.

Then she turned and cartwheeled twice in a row. Mulch gave way to grass beneath her hands. Crow's bad breath gave way to fresh air.

Not enough space, though. 

Three more cartwheels and she determined she was about eleven seconds away from Crow running at full speed. Not a lot of time, but enough.

She looked back at Crow, memorizing the moment. Compile smiled again. This time, however, was melancholy.

"Nonetheless, I know that one can't always get what they want. Others don't believe my morals are as scrupulous as I claim. Others believe that my methods are too slow and risky. Maybe, maybe not. But at five years old, is it really my place to say?" She shrugged. "I think not."

Now, even more than before, her life was out of her hands. The support she'd asked for was either there or it wasn't.

@Grey Knight

4 hours ago, Silva said:

They soon approached the warehouse. Freedom hesitated, looking over her shoulder. The others were still behind her.

The door creaked, before slowly falling off its hinges and hitting the ground.

Honerva glanced towards Freedom. She was standing next to one of the walls, by an opening where the rotting wood had given way and fallen apart. Another space marine stood behind her, armored in massive bone-white plate.

"Good," she said. "You're on time. The situation has escalated. Three minutes ago, there was firefight within the manor. Bolter fire, and not from the Dark Angels." She breathed out. "But before that, Crow left the house. Which can only mean the trap is sprung."

4 hours ago, Silva said:

Now, even more than before, her life was out of her hands. The support she'd asked for was either there or it wasn't.

crack echoed through the air as Crow's knee exploded into a fine mist.

On a tower overlooking the playground, battle-sister Vera let out a breath. Crow was stumbling, her leg not quite destroyed by the bolter round. She thumbed the rifle's magazine, hoping the strange bolts it carried struck true.

She looked down the scope again, aiming for Crow's chest, and fired.

So. Ark. What Crow has just been shot with is, essentially, a Leecher bullet. Using the power of ettmetal and chromium, all the investiture and magic in Crow has been wiped away by this exceptionally rare bullet. No, this is not godmodding- that would be killing Crow with a single headshot.

And for this next bit, I'd ask you to refrain from insta-killing any of the characters I have coming up in this scene. I'm rather fond of them, so please treat them as characters, not NPCs.

@Arcc1002

Edited by Grey Knight

On 4/17/2020 at 8:59 AM, Silva said:

@Truthless of Shinovar @Chasmfiend#1 @Grey Knight

Compile took a step back, both physically and mentally. Crow was too close. Much too close. And, honestly, the scene must have looked hilarious to spectators. A woman three times the size looking down at a little girl. Now Compile almost wished she had decided to wear pigtails, just for the sake of humor.

Then she turned and cartwheeled twice in a row. Mulch gave way to grass beneath her hands. Crow's bad breath gave way to fresh air.

Not enough space, though. 

Three more cartwheels and she determined she was about eleven seconds away from Crow running at full speed. Not a lot of time, but enough.

She looked back at Crow, memorizing the moment. Compile smiled again. This time, however, was melancholy.

"Nonetheless, I know that one can't always get what they want. Others don't believe my morals are as scrupulous as I claim. Others believe that my methods are too slow and risky. Maybe, maybe not. But at five years old, is it really my place to say?" She shrugged. "I think not."

@Grey Knight

On 4/17/2020 at 0:59 PM, Grey Knight said:

crack echoed through the air as Crow's knee exploded into a fine mist.

On a tower overlooking the playground, battle-sister Vera let out a breath. Crow was stumbling, her leg not quite destroyed by the bolter round. She thumbed the rifle's magazine, hoping the strange bolts it carried struck true.

She looked down the scope again, aiming for Crow's chest, and fired.

Crow howled, a furious raging howl. Her eyes faded from the coals, becoming green once again. She turned, limping, and began to move towards Compile, beginning the process of summoning her shardblade. "You little bastard." Her face contorted as she gets hit in the chest by a bolt. Luckily, she was wearing underarmor, barely stopping the blast. As she growled, empty of the power, the presence, that had sustained her for so long, she swung her arm forward, as she leaped with her good leg, the shardblade appearing midair as it swung directly toward Compile's face, but at the same time, everyone around could watch as she began to almost wither, her veins turning black, and the skin drying.

On 4/15/2020 at 9:40 AM, Grey Knight said:

The sound of gunshots echoed through the walls of the basement. Deep and throaty, unlike the sound of conventional firearms. The screams came moments later, before being cut off by roaring bursts of fire. Then everything fell silent.

Minutes passed. Then, suddenly, the cells opened again. Light, bright and vicious, poured in. And looming over Golda was a spectre of death, glaring at her with a single, glowing eye.

@Silva @Arcc1002

The entire cell suddenly became alight with aons, hundreds of them, covering each and every wall. A pulse of light shot from them, on every side, a heat that while it wouldn't kill, would leave severe burns. Then a sound like gears shifting. Echoing throughout the room. It got louder with each turn, and anyone in the room would feel the ground begin to shake, stones falling as the ceiling began to dislodge, the floor cracking, the bars becoming loose. And in each cell, at the same time, a second pulse came, one that attempted to immobilize the muscles of everyone in the cell.

The entire manor was crumbling.

On 4/2/2020 at 10:59 PM, kenod said:

KanMien blinked, and then frowned. She had seen the name Crow before, on the reports on the Den of Thieves, and a few months ago as well in the reports on PlasmaCore, though her actual relation to them wasn't fully known, though there was the fact that some Marines and one of their ships showed up during the opening stage of the incident. And even more recently, there had been reports of activity in the underworld of the city, certain aspects of which could be attributed to Crow, when she looked at it in a certain way."

She thought about what to do. Normally she'd be expected to report this, but the person she had to report it to was gone, she had found out about this before going to the Woodwyrd, after all. Besides, she did have a fair bit of leeway in her actions. Finally she nodded. "Can you tell me what you're planning on doing with her?" She asked. "We might be able to offer help. After all, we have some interest in her as well."

@Grey Knight

@Grey Knight

Also, can KanMien and Kumiko turn up at the fight or somewhere close to where Crow is hiding the Wereds? I wouldn't mind having them get into a fight with the Tattered One, if he's still around.

@Arcc1002 @Darth Woodrack

On 4/15/2020 at 0:40 PM, Grey Knight said:

@Silva @Arcc1002

"Took you long enough," Golda said, wincing, before any Aons shot out the second pulse, "Viness is in a cell across. The youngest two are elsewhere." 

The floor rumbled. "There are sixteen of us and you'd better get us all out or I swear I will hunt you down to the end of my days and haunt you from-" she was interrupted by the second pulse, but her eyes continued to convey the message.

She hoped she'd identified them correctly. Her cousins mostly described the Marines as "evil looking, but friendly". Though, the one eye thing was unexpected.

On 4/17/2020 at 3:59 PM, Grey Knight said:

The door creaked, before slowly falling off its hinges and hitting the ground.

Honerva glanced towards Freedom. She was standing next to one of the walls, by an opening where the rotting wood had given way and fallen apart. Another space marine stood behind her, armored in massive bone-white plate.

"Good," she said. "You're on time. The situation has escalated. Three minutes ago, there was firefight within the manor. Bolter fire, and not from the Dark Angels." She breathed out. "But before that, Crow left the house. Which can only mean the trap is sprung."

Oops. Freedom thought as the door crashed to the floor.

"Do you know what or who it could be?" she asked, unnerved that Honerva didn't seem to have everything under control.

Or, more importantly, she mentally amended her question, whose side are they on? 

On 4/21/2020 at 1:44 PM, Arcc1002 said:

Crow howled, a furious raging howl. Her eyes faded from the coals, becoming green once again. She turned, limping, and began to move towards Compile, beginning the process of summoning her shardblade. "You little bastard." Her face contorted as she gets hit in the chest by a bolt. Luckily, she was wearing underarmor, barely stopping the blast. As she growled, empty of the power, the presence, that had sustained her for so long, she swung her arm forward, as she leaped with her good leg, the shardblade appearing midair as it swung directly toward Compile's face, but at the same time, everyone around could watch as she began to almost wither, her veins turning black, and the skin drying.

Compile, having anticipated that, avoided it by carefully stepping to the side while Crow was in flight. Eleven seconds was more than enough time for ten heartbeats to pass. She'd done some research on Shardblades since last time. Compile refused to be caught off guard.

"I'm a ninth child and you really think that I was born out of wedlock?" she said taking a couple more steps away. "That's a rather misguided assumption. I am a very much legitimate child, thank you very much."

She eyed Crow. "Though, I'm pretty sure I said to come unarmed. I kept my side of that, didn't I?" she raised her arms. It was then that she noticed the odd thing occuring to Crow. 

Peculiar, Compile noted. Must have been relying on Investiture to live. But what sort and for how long? And how long before she stops swinging a sword at me?

Edited by Silva
Added content because what was here before was written in a rush.

On 4/22/2020 at 5:56 AM, Silva said:

Compile, having anticipated that, avoided it by carefully stepping to the side while Crow was in flight. Eleven seconds was more than enough time for ten heartbeats to pass. She'd done some research on Shardblades since last time. Compile refused to be caught off guard.

"I'm a ninth child and you really think that I was born out of wedlock?" she said taking a couple more steps away. "That's a rather misguided assumption. I am a very much legitimate child, thank you very much."

She eyed Crow. "Though, I'm pretty sure I said to come unarmed. I kept my side of that, didn't I?" she raised her arms. It was then that she noticed the odd thing occuring to Crow. 

Peculiar, Compile noted. Must have been relying on Investiture to live. But what sort and for how long? And how long before she stops swinging a sword at me?

A faint screech could be heard in the distance, more of a whine then anything else. Crow decided on another plan of action, grabbing the nearby slide, and ripping it out of the ground, her leg buckling as she fell to the ground, her other leg completely detaching. She grabbed the pole near the slide, pulling herself up, and waited, standing behind the slide, using it almost as a shield. All this time, the whine got louder and louder, until it was filling the area, residents waking up, fearful and in pain, shouts echoing. Compile would watch as Crow's entire body was withering to a nearly skeletal state, except the detached leg, becoming old and frail. And suddenly, a pitch black fog, with veinlike purple glowing streaks, surrounded Crow entirely, having pulsed out of an alley with lightning speed. It swirled, the entire outside suddenly lighting up with a shine, any attacks that would be made bouncing off, as the fog inside swirled rapidly, slowly becoming more and more purple, and the entire fog, shielded outside included, slowly shrinking in to the body, swirling closer and closer. And from inside, the sound of a raspy, dried, cracked woman's voice. Screaming in horrible, horrible pain.

On 4/2/2020 at 5:59 PM, kenod said:

The woman snorted.

"Do you even need to ask?" she said. "We're going to kill her."

On 4/22/2020 at 8:56 AM, Silva said:

"Took you long enough," Golda said, wincing, before any Aons shot out the second pulse, "Viness is in a cell across. The youngest two are elsewhere." 

The floor rumbled. "There are sixteen of us and you'd better get us all out or I swear I will hunt you down to the end of my days and haunt you from-" she was interrupted by the second pulse, but her eyes continued to convey the message.

She hoped she'd identified them correctly. Her cousins mostly described the Marines as "evil looking, but friendly". Though, the one eye thing was unexpected.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:44 PM, Arcc1002 said:

The entire cell suddenly became alight with aons, hundreds of them, covering each and every wall. A pulse of light shot from them, on every side, a heat that while it wouldn't kill, would leave severe burns. Then a sound like gears shifting. Echoing throughout the room. It got louder with each turn, and anyone in the room would feel the ground begin to shake, stones falling as the ceiling began to dislodge, the floor cracking, the bars becoming loose. And in each cell, at the same time, a second pulse came, one that attempted to immobilize the muscles of everyone in the cell.

The entire manor was crumbling.

A beam hit the giant square in its eye, setting it on fire. It stumbled away, cursing in some foul language.

"Oh, come on," said a voice from behind the one-eyed marine. "Do I have to do everything myself?"

Intercessory stepped forward and lifted Golda from the cage with his claws. He dashed forward, climbing the stairs with unnatural speed. He looked down and smiled at Golda, warp-flames crackling around his exposed skull.

"Miss me, darling?" he said.

Just assume that the other marines grabbed the Wereds and are carrying them out. Including Branch and Frog.

19 hours ago, Arcc1002 said:

A faint screech could be heard in the distance, more of a whine then anything else. Crow decided on another plan of action, grabbing the nearby slide, and ripping it out of the ground, her leg buckling as she fell to the ground, her other leg completely detaching. She grabbed the pole near the slide, pulling herself up, and waited, standing behind the slide, using it almost as a shield. All this time, the whine got louder and louder, until it was filling the area, residents waking up, fearful and in pain, shouts echoing. Compile would watch as Crow's entire body was withering to a nearly skeletal state, except the detached leg, becoming old and frail. And suddenly, a pitch black fog, with veinlike purple glowing streaks, surrounded Crow entirely, having pulsed out of an alley with lightning speed. It swirled, the entire outside suddenly lighting up with a shine, any attacks that would be made bouncing off, as the fog inside swirled rapidly, slowly becoming more and more purple, and the entire fog, shielded outside included, slowly shrinking in to the body, swirling closer and closer. And from inside, the sound of a raspy, dried, cracked woman's voice. Screaming in horrible, horrible pain.

On 4/22/2020 at 8:56 AM, Silva said:

An massive, armored hand scooped up Compile.

"Time to go, little one," said Brother-sergeant Pietr, as he looked at the swirling maelstrom of energy around Crow. "Our part is done." He turned around and dashed down the street, holding on tightly to Compile.

And from the nearby shadows and hidden places stepped a dozen Dark Angels garbed in robes. They walked slowly towards the purple fog around Crow, encircling it.